Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 oil pan hose washer cracked

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 oil pan hose washer cracked
    Posted: May-30-2020 at 12:46pm
While putting the drain hose back onto the oil pan during the GT40 rebuild, I over tightened the elbow connector that screws into the oil pan and cracked the hard plastic washer. The boat is sitting in the driveway while I work on the gelcoat and waiting to get the transmission put in. I've had some oily residue coming out of the hull drain port that I first thought was just from a dirty bilge, but I got in last night and discovered oil is leaking out of the oil pan at the drain hose elbow.

Does anyone know the specs on the plastic washer? Can I just take it to my local auto parts store and find something similar? I don't even see it listed on Skidim.

Thoughts?
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Canuck-Surfer Canuck-Surfer wrote:

Does anyone know the specs on the plastic washer? Can I just take it to my local auto parts store and find something similar? I don't even see it listed on Skidim.

Thoughts?

Do what you just said, take it to the local auto parts store and they should be able to come up with a replacement rather easily
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2020 at 3:34pm
So I found the oil hose kit on Nautique Parts and in the picture of the kit it showed a metal washer with a rubber inner ring. Went to the local auto parts store and we found a Dorman kit of 2 oil plug washer with integrated gasket. For anyone else looking its Dorman part 65274. Picture attached. Also...it can be found on Amazon but for 3 times the price as the local auto parts store!

1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic