Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selling Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
crooney70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooney70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling Question
    Posted: September-28-2006 at 2:43pm
Hey guys, just wanted to know if you think I am asking a fair price for my Tique? Any thoughts?

1979 Ski tique
"Rooney" on Tippy
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 3:13pm
It may be a little high considering the stringers, trailer and graphics are all in pretty rough shape. The rest doesnt look too bad, but its more than I would pay for a project boat.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 4:09pm
Looks to me like you have a nice restorable boat, but with the work you say it needs the price is more than I would pay as well. Have you checked the stringers to make sure they need replacing. I think it is great you are being honest about the work needed. Some people would try to hide that. Make it $500 & I will come pick it up this weekend!
Greg

86 BFN
crooney70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooney70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 4:39pm
You guys have to be kidding. I used the boat all summer and it was a blast. Not a drop of water entered the boat. I think the stringers would need to be replaced for it to be mint but you could use the boat like it is for many more years I suppose. Mechanically it is very sound. I just put $193 into the trailer for the wheels and axle. It is not original but it is very sound trailer and tows great. I am not saying it is a project boat by any means just that it would make a great canidate because it is all original. I have the mirror as well. Cosmeticly the outside is ok but would need redone. Inside it looks great carpet and all. The floor is solid. Any ways thanks for the insight guys
"Rooney" on Tippy
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 5:30pm
your comment about the stringer is what's killing the value and it sounds like you are speculating about them as well and don't know for sure if they are bad or not. If the bolts to the motor mounts going in to the stringers are tight then its worth 2500-3000K, if the stringers are bad then 1500-2000 is where I would put it at.
crooney70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooney70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 5:39pm
I have never checked them because the engine is mounted to the boat solidly, never was an issue. Maybe I will lower my asking price a little, I did pay $3000 for the boat. I thought it would be a good investment, and if I wanted to move up to a bigger Correct Craft it would not be a problem selling it. Oh well.
"Rooney" on Tippy
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 5:45pm
Check em and know for sure or just list that you have never checked them. Changing stringers is not part of a standard restoration listing that you need them when your not sure drops the value a grand at least
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
crooney70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooney70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 6:58pm
Thanks Joe.
"Rooney" on Tippy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic