Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

206 new owner- electrical issues

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gaz46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 206 new owner- electrical issues
    Posted: June-15-2020 at 8:25pm
Hi guys.

Thanks for the add. I

I've just bought a 2003 206 se. It's my second nautique, I've recently sold my 02 196. I tried buying an 04 a few years ago but it didn't work out. There's very little choice in the UK!

So I'm chasing a few electrical issues, I was aware of them and suspect they are gateway related but I just want to see what you guys think.

The rev counter is dead but the hour gauge works. All the other gauges work fine then they start to pulse, there's also an audible click coming from under the dash when this happens. The perfect pass switches on and off rapidly everytime you hear the click. It also affects the stereo, if the head unit is in aux mode with no input you can hear the speakers make a ticking in time with the pulse of the gauge.

Does the gateway box power the stereo aswell? Is the gateway box under the dash on this year?

I have searched to see if the symptoms are likely to be the gateway but the loss of the stereo issue has thrown me a little.

The issues with the boat were reflected in the price, She's not perfect by any stretch but my plan is to restore it. There's some signs of previous salt water use so I'm guessing that's contributed to wiring issues.

Thanks in advance.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 10:01am
Wondering if an SE has a Gateway, are your gauges digital or analog and do you have a keypad or keyed ignition? If there is a Gateway it would be in the trunk behind a plastic cover mounted to your lifting ring threaded rod. If the boat is a Limited or Team then you would definitely have digital gauges, keypad and a gateway.

If there is no Gateway you probably want to check all your wiring including the grounds.
Gaz46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 6:45pm
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have keypads which I thought was strange as my 02 196 se did! Is there an obvious way to identify a digital gauge from an analogue? The boat is 70 miles away in storage!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 7:03pm
Gareth, A digital will have numbers indicating the gauge reading and the analog will have a pointer that moves pointing to numbers on the gauge face.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 7:12pm
This sounds very similar to my issue with low battery voltage. Gauges dancing, PP yelling at me, etc...
Gaz46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 8:17pm
I'm guessing you're no closer to resolving it than I am!!!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2020 at 9:07pm
No, I’m fixed. Was low batt voltage.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Gaz46 Gaz46 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have keypads which I thought was strange as my 02 196 se did! Is there an obvious way to identify a digital gauge from an analogue? The boat is 70 miles away in storage!

Believe all 00's thru 02's had keypads, starting in 03' the SE was the entry trim level, keyed ignition & analog gauges, LE & TE had keypads and digital gauges
dkimball View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 6:44pm
With the issues that everyone seems to have with digital gauges and gateways I enjoy having the SE package on my 2003 216. I wish they still made a base package in the newer nautiques without the fancy screens and what not. I would like to upgrade to a sport nautique 200 someday for the family and I believe there were a few of those made without a screen which I will be looking for in the future.   
Kimball
Gaz46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 7:24pm
So to clarify, because it's an se I won't have the gateway box?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic