NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water in battery box

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water in battery box
    Posted: June-22-2020 at 8:44pm
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
nomemolesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomemolesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2020 at 12:52pm
Thank you for your fast reply, very helpful. I will use a champagne cork to seal it.
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 12:47pm
It's a drain hole in case water gets in the battery compartment. There is supposed to be a plug in the hole normally to keep water from the bilge out. The original plug in my boat wore out and started leaking so I replaced it with rubber stoppers.
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
nomemolesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomemolesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 6:29am
I just became the owner of a CC SN 2001 / 1987. When I open the battery box there are two holes: One for the power cable and a smaller one at the bottom where a small amount of water comes in and out. Is this normal?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic