Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaming Pad Repair - 1986 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
PAT1GER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAT1GER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coaming Pad Repair - 1986 Ski Nautique 2001
    Posted: June-19-2020 at 6:04pm
The port side coaming pad on my 1986 SN 2001 started to loosen near the back seat. Despite my pleas, this was a result of my kids stepping on it as the come in and out of the boat.

The pad is held in place by 5 "Christmas Tree" clips and another 4 small carriage bolts. I used an automotive trim tool to dislodge the clips that were still holding fast.

After removing the pad, I noticed several of the clips were broken, causing the pad to sag. I searched every auto parts store within 30 miles in an effort to locate a suitable replacement for the clips to reattach the pad, but could find nothing. Finally, I located the exact match on Amazon (of course). For less than $12, I received 25 clips.

If needed, you can search "Double End Xmas Tree Retainers Clips 11/32" Stem Dia." sold by Clipsandfasteners, Inc. (https://www.amazon.com/Clipsandfasteners-Inc-Double-Retainers-Diameter/dp/B0040CZ3ZQ/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=christmas+tree+clip&qid=1592595678&sr=8-13)

Hope this helps someone save some time...

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 2:04pm
Nice job thanks for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic