NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What distributor do I have ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HzSandman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HzSandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What distributor do I have ?
    Posted: June-23-2020 at 9:46am
Hi ladies & gents,

I'm back working on my 1981 SN project after leaving it for 8 years in the shed!

I'm ordering some tune up parts from the USA (am in Australia) and wanting to make sure I get the right distributor cap and rotor button for my setup.

I believe I have a presolite clip down cap with electronic ignition ? Could somebody please confirm ? What rotor and plug leads do I need ?

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 10:09am
That would be the prestolite clip down cap 86 and earlier with a PCM electronic ignition conversion installed. That’s a much better quality EI conversion vs a flamethrower and likely only bested by a DUI.

You need to put a few drops of lubricant oil down the center of the shaft you can see in the photo. (Felt pad and is yearly maintenance). Also rotate the engine around by hand until you see the weight slides and put some oil on each of those as well (there are two).
HzSandman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HzSandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 10:14am
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 10:48am
I believe I have a copy of the instructions for that conversion kit.
HzSandman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HzSandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2020 at 8:25am
Thanks for the info and tips phatsat67.

if you do gun-driver could you please email me a copy ? (if electronic version)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic