NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 SN efi vapor lock hot fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mikewolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 SN efi vapor lock hot fuel pump
    Posted: June-23-2020 at 9:55am
My nautique starts great when the engine is cool, if I run for a while and then it sit with the engine cover open, it will restart as it should, if I leave the engine cover closed for 1-4 hours, it doesn’t want to start and there’s no fuel pressure. I can often fix this by pouring water over the fuel pumps to cool them.

I’m not sure where to start. Should I replace the hp fuel pump? The supply pump? Where do I find these? It’s a 94 with efi
Mikewolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 11:29am
https://www.skidim.com/mobile/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080022

Is this the one I need? Hard to tell from the description, but looks like my hpfp
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 1:57pm
More information on what motor and ignition system would help but this may be the same pump as you listed.
Carter fuel pump
Mikewolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 2:48pm
That does look just like my pump. I may get it to try.
My boat has the 351 with the pro tec efi and a Dui distributor that was added when the original ignition failed.
Mikewolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 2:54pm
Fyi, that same carter pump is even cheaper at rock auto $95 for the p61171 pump.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 4:40pm
If you have EFI, I'm assuming that it is the Holley-based throttle-body EFI, correct? After ProTec ignition failed, are you still using ProTec ECM to run the EFI?
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Mikewolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 4:59pm
I’m running the tb Efi still off the pro tec ecu, but without the ignition. There was an old post about 2 years ago where I posted up the wiring diagrams, but I can’t seem to find it anymore.
2001Sunsport View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001Sunsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 12:33am
Might be a dumb question, but when is your fuel from? We've had issues here in Michigan as some of us bought a bunch of gas in April, forgetting the governor allowed winter blend to be sold through April 30th... Once warm weather hit in June we were hosed for hot restarts a few hours later. High RVP + heat soak = no start
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Mikewolf Mikewolf wrote:

I’m running the tb Efi still off the pro tec ecu, but without the ignition. There was an old post about 2 years ago where I posted up the wiring diagrams, but I can’t seem to find it anymore.

Here you go- link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic