NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MabbcoMotors opinions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MabbcoMotors opinions
    Posted: June-26-2020 at 5:54pm
Gary,
Thanks. I'm probably getting ahead of myself since the 312 is still running great but I have thoughts of pulling it one day for a rebuild.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2020 at 5:23pm
Illinois Pete, I had the work done last fall Opel Engineering They did my HM going on 30 years ago so they have been around for awhile.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2020 at 7:49am
Gary,
The machine shop you are using, is it down south or are you back north yet?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2020 at 2:28am
Well Dan I'm rebuilding a GT40 that melted a piston right now. Had my machine shop get the pistons since they want them on hand when they do the bore. It cleaned up at .020- even .010 might have worked but no one makes them now days. SpeedPro had them at that size,shop also provided the moly rings and fitted them to their bores. Crank was fine after they checked it over so I just went with Summit and bought Clevite bearings. Camshaft was purchased by PO from Cam Research. Standard Melling oil pump,ARP oil pump drive shaft. Sealed Power exhaust valves from Rock Auto and a gasket set from CJ Pony parts kinda round out the build. Kinda have to do your homework and pick out the best components and see how it compares cost wise
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 3:17pm
Gary,

just looking at options for WHEN..not if I will need to "freshen" up my old girl. I Like to plan ahead. my 351w RH rotation engine is now at 2600 hours, and never had a top end, or anything done to it, other than new plugs, plug wires, oil and filter changes, etc. She still starts on the first turn of the key every spring, when I get it out of storage, and never misses a beat out on the lake.

BUT......this last oil change I noticed a few tiny flakes in the bottom of the oil pan...they were not magnetic flakes.

SO.....I am starting to look at rebuild/replace options and maybe doing it this next fall when she's in storage.
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 1:57pm
What are you trying to do? You can get quality name brand parts from anywhere.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 12:18pm
Hey guys,

Has anyone had experience working with, getting rebuild kits, and/or rebuilt engines through MABBCO   https://www.mabbcomotors.com/

wondering thoughts, opinions on their rebuilt kits and rebuilt engines.   Thanks for any input.

'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic