Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I get a wakesurf boat for 10k

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I get a wakesurf boat for 10k
    Posted: June-30-2020 at 11:41am
So need your help.

We had a tree fall on our 1996 super sport boat. Unfortunately I didn't know this but insurance doesn't cover issues like these. We are going to fight it but wont have a boat anytime soon.    We have about 10k in savings is there any boat out there that you would recommend or is my budget way to small?

I am in a bad spot as me and kids like to wakeboard and the boat dealers are pushing her to an I/O and telling her you can do all that on an I/O. Which means my wakesurf days are done, but with budget the boats are so much bigger with I/O I feel like I am going to loose the battle since our budget is so small.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 1:08pm
First thing I would like to know is why insurance doesn’t cover a tree fall. If it’s your tree, homeowners should cover it. If it’s another tree, comprehensive insurance should cover you. 1996 Super Sport is worth $16k minimum in any kind of running shape.

Second thing is $10k limit. Wakeboard boats and other V-drive boats are not going cheap right now with Covid crazy boat buyers. If you can speed up your boat claim and add $10k you’re in a good spot to buy a decent circa 2000-2003 SAN or at minimum a direct drive Air Nautique.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 1:17pm
Get the i/o for now (can’t believe i am saying this) and forget thurfing
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 1:19pm
I think it's an issue with having two different companies cover the boat and the home. My home has comprehensive insurance that would cover a tree loss on home, however my boat has comp coverage, but does not cover "natural occurrences". Apparently this falls under natural. I guess know your insurance policy and what it would cover.

Do you think this is way to much for this boat. To me price seems high, but they did call and say I could get this for 10k plus my bike trade in.

https://www.nextgen-powersportscl.com/inventory/1996-nautique-super-sport-clear-lake-wi-54005-3912-10532575i
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 1:33pm
Who knows but I sold mine last year and it was 8-10 and that one is no better than a 6. I think the price for that one is closer to $15k. Faded gel, fugly tower, mold on interior but apparently decent vinyl....

Friend just bought an 05 SS with ZR6 and 500 hours (needs gauges though) for that price.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 1:41pm
BTW— my buddy surfs begins his Cobalt IO with a wedge. Scary for me to be a few feet away from spinning blades but so far he has all of his toes.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

10K for the I/O another 5 for the bad lower unit,bellows and u joints puts you right in Nautique territory   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
hal2814 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hal2814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

10K for the I/O another 5 for the bad lower unit,bellows and u joints puts you right in Nautique territory   

Inventing entirely new curse words while trying to install new bellows? Priceless.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:26pm
OMG...do NOT go I/O. Been there, done that. NO MORE damn trimming the unit out, no more ***************ty lower units, no more leaky transoms, getting soft. no more failing bellows to replace. Just a FEW reasons why to not get an I/O

'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:29pm
If they get even close to 20K for that even 15K, I'm dragging all my boats to Clear Lake WI to sell
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

BTW— my buddy surfs begins his Cobalt IO with a wedge. Scary for me to be a few feet away from spinning blades but so far he has all of his toes.

That's really stupid - unless he's got this oddball Volvo Forward Drive setup

Raine, have you read your insurance policy? If a tree is not covered, perhaps sinking in a storm or other natural events are also a problem. Make sure to read the entire contract, then do the same with your homeowner's policy. Homeowners may be able to subrograte against your boat insurance.
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:31pm
I can't get anything anyway. I had three showings set up for tonight after work and all of them have sold.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by raine72 raine72 wrote:

I can't get anything anyway. I had three showings set up for tonight after work and all of them have sold.

My neighbor sold his 06 MC Surf boat after months of no takers the Covid thing kicked in and he had 40-50 inquiries at once two weeks ago. It’s a seller’s dream right now. That over-priced Super Sport might even sell close to asking. I wish I was selling mine this year instead of last year—and last year wasn’t even bad!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:49pm
Our marinas up here where sold out of everything a month ago and, they can't even get anymore. Yup, I guess that $1200 went fast.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:52pm
What do you guys think of this one.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/1995-Nautique-Super-Sport-for-sale-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-101491.aspx#
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:54pm

We’re gonna need a new moderator,
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by raine72 raine72 wrote:

What do you guys think of this one.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/1995-Nautique-Super-Sport-for-sale-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-101491.aspx#

Decent boat for a bit less. Needs an interior (rear cushions are shot,
Missing bow pad) tower is awful, and it’s purple and teal. $12k if it passes a water test and the Perfect Pass works.
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 8:21pm
I know this probably won't work as I heard the wake is almost nothing. But anyone have any experience on a 1995 gekko gts 20 that would say otherwise?

Went to look at a boat and guy here is trading it gave me chance to buy before he trades it in. It's small but maybe could hold me over until I get in situation to get mine fixed or replaced.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 8:34pm
If I’m thinking of the same boat, you’ll sink it trying to make it surf. That’s what the “GTS” stands for.
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 2:00am
Which one me and kids 4 of them wakeboard wife is skier.

Tige

https://www.nextgen-powersportscl.com/inventory/1999-tig-2100-clear-lake-wi-54005-3912-10532564i

Super sport

https://www.nextgen-powersportscl.com/inventory/1996-nautique-super-sport-clear-lake-wi-54005-3912-10532575i
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 10:45am
Supersport is about $5k overpriced. Tige boats have wood
Stringers (somebody correct me if I’m wrong) but between these two I’d have to save the money and go off-brand. My opinion is there are more Super
sports out there and you should keep looking.

If you can find one without a tower it’s not too hard to find a FCT or buy a New Dimensions equivalent. SS has a very nice wake.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 10:52am
how about an old lobster boat
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 11:02am
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

“Yah we got no platform but climb into dat basket and we will winch you aboard matey!” Ahh but look at dat wake!
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 11:07am
So I forgot to mention I had negociated the prices.

Super Sport $16k

Tige 11k-I called them it is wood but if they fail tige would give me 10k towards a new boat. They said they have never had to pay this out.
raine72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raine72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

No Lobster in my lake.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic