Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

post your cool summer pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 7:27am
1987SN2001,
THANK YOU!
You, your brothers, and all your forefathers are the reason we're able to play with these boats and live the way we do.
Full support - Thanks for doing what you do!
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 11:54am
Dude,

Your wife shredds !!

You rock !! In pursuit of freedom and smooth water........ thank you for making it possible !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 2:18pm
I remember whining this summer when it rained, or I had to work, or whatever; and couldn't go boating. But I was still on my home turf, feeling safe, and loving life regardless. Thanks 1987 for making that sacrifice, and that had I made the same, I feel my life would be just a little more complete at this time.

The very short video clip is a 70 Mustang 273 Chryler in a somewhat week 180 spin. These original Mustang hulls don't bury the nose and raise the stern while swapping ends quite as well as the next gen 71+ hulls. Those will literally put the nose under water like a PWC. This untouched and loud engine runs sweet at 48.3 on GPS,..for now.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 2:28pm
Hey Reid,
Excellent statement - What selfpride those who made that sacrafice must have!

Nice Vid you madman!
Yikes! How close to shore is that??
Do you then drift right up to the dock?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 2:38pm
I'm not sure I trust my steering cable that much to be doing powerslides into the dock! Good thing he's got a few backup boats incase something goes wrong.

Madman indeed.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 2:57pm
84, you sound like jbear. Yes, I guess I probably did come in a little too close, about 75' from shore, and placed too much stock in an aging steering system, so I don't condone this. My wife had the camera and shut it off too soon, as it did drift "controllably" right up to the dock, 007 style. If anyone ever watched Mystery Science Theatre 3000 back when, they'll notice the two silhouettes (in this case it's dogs) in the foreground of the video just like in the show, which used to cracked me up.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 3:19pm
Reid, It looks very cool on tape now!
Ya know what they say :
Pain is temporary
Glory is forever
and Chicks dig scars!

Kids - don't try this at home!

I'll take sounding like jbear as a pretty high compliment? He's da man!
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 5:20pm
Reid, great vid! I love how the guy standing there just says, "that's something," without even swishing his wine around.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 7:11pm
Reid...great shot! I know that move(71 and up)...with the 72 mustang , it whips around fast and then dives the nose down to the windshield. Every once and a while I will throw it in the spin...but don't want to press my luck!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 7:29pm
My 7 year old set'in up some air...
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 8:05pm
Yo Reid, nice to see/read ya, it's been a while! Gotta love those 180's, I usually have new riders sit in the rear seat for that surprise.
Tim D
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 10:04pm
The first picture is a surprise photo that was in our local newspaper. I didn't even know there was photographer around. Somehow he even got my name right. The link below the pic is a video of us having a blast on Labor Day weekend.
Please God, bring summer back.

3.5 minute video of Bob and family on the Sky Ski behind the Red Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 10:10pm
Testing the new Motorola.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 11:02pm
ReidP has agreed to give docking lessions for you new Nautique owners that have trouble backing up.

NAUTI: Thanks for the props.

DrCC: Awesome pics! Always liked those white face speedos the best!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 12:17pm
ReidP

Great vid. When I was 14 or 15, my dad had a 71 Martinique that would spin hard enough that the base of the windshield would be under water. I used to do it a lot, and I mean a lot, with my friends. Never really thought of the dangers then. That being said, I've always wanted to do it with my SNOB, but that would probably have ugly results! Just feeling how hard it bites in a turn makes me want to spin it, but I definitely know better.

Rob
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 12:34pm
Rob, let it rip man.
Shortline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 2:11pm

Somebody wanted to buy an Obrien World Team Comp? This one is slightly used, just one owner. Ski is still in great condition. Owner is pretty old though.
It wouldn't be that hard if the balls weren't so far apart and the boat wasn't going so damn fast!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 2:44pm
Dr CC, really like that second photo.

Shortline, is that what they call vintage art? Nice photo. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 2:47pm
vintage in more than one way, tow rope, ski vest, and is that a speedo, god lets hope not. hey where's the mullet?
Shortline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 3:17pm
Really didn't think the photo would end up so large on the screen - scary. I tore the house apart, to no avail, looking for a picture of the 1968 tri-hull that was pulling me. Funny, always thought that the course was much bigger back then.
It wouldn't be that hard if the balls weren't so far apart and the boat wasn't going so damn fast!
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2006 at 10:35pm
great shot shortline.
Are you as surprised as I was someone wanted that ski?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Shortline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 8:46am
I thought it was a great ski when I was eight years old. Oh well.
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 9:39pm
Great pics everybody. I haven't had an actual waterski on my feet in close to twenty years. Impressive looking stuff.
Dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2006 at 9:19pm
    I hope you had an uneventful tour. Thanks for being one of the few to give your service to an extremely grateful Nation. I will be heading back over for the holidays to do a little thumpin and bumpin spreading the Christmas cheer. MUhahahahahaha
See you soon.
Dallas
2001 SN196 w/ a sweeeet 393.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2006 at 10:12pm
Here's a pic from last weekend

1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 8:53pm
Dallas,

You have a great boat! I wouldn't say it was "uneventful" but all of my boys came home safe. Looking to redeploy in July. Going to miss another season of skiing. Rakkasans!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 3:20pm
Dallas,

What does your 2001 SN rate for H.P. and top speed? That's an awesome boat you got there!

Ken
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 10:29pm
What am I doing wrong.? Why aren't my pics uploading.?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 10:32pm
Probably too big. Try to reduce them in size. If uploading from you hard drive use the icon with the photo and the blue arrow. If uploading from a website such as photobucket, use the icon with the photo of the tree. BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 10:37pm
Ken, Ill venture a guess at 400 hp for that many cubes. Could be more or less depending on the heads, intake and cam. That kind of power should put him in the low 50's on that hull.

Chopper, your pics are probably too big- the size limit for uploading is fairly small. Your best bet is to use a free photo hosting website (like photobucket) and linking them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic