NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

post your cool summer pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 11:42pm
Am I missing something, where are the pics of Dallas's boat?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 11:46pm

Diaries section. Carl from Kentucky. 2001 Ski Nautique. All red with a white stripe. BKH

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.aspID=683&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=2001&yrend=2001
Livin' the Dream

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 8:58am
Now I see it, thanks BKH. That's a lot of HP, I'd love a ride sometime.

Anyone know how much HP a stock shaft and strut setup could take?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ken, Ill venture a guess at 400 hp for that many cubes. Could be more or less depending on the heads, intake and cam. That kind of power should put him in the low 50's on that hull.

I take it that that engine opinion was EXTREMELY RARE in 2001? The colors are amazing too. Sharp boat all around!

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 3:11pm
Ken, he doesnt have a stock motor- I believe he had motor problems and rebuilt the GT40 into a stroker. The 393w is an easy stroker to build- the only truly special piece is the 3.85" stroker crank (vs. 3.5" for the 351). Combine that with stock-length 351w rods and 302 pistons and you end up with 42 more cubes. I believe 393 ci would include a .030" overbore.

As far as power handling goes, I believe the 502 python motor used the same 1.23 tranny and shaft that the standard motors used- so we know its good for at least 425 hp. Im sure Bill Burgess (SS-201) can give some good info on the power handling ability of the 1:1 components.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 3:42pm
Tim, that's some serious power under that hood. Significant feeling I'm sure between a stock 351, 255HP and stroker engine putting out approximately 400HP. I can't imagine the hole shot that gives. It must turn over 5,000 RPM's I imagine.

I'd like to see how that Vortec 8100, 450HP performs in a Master Craft boat. That's the most stock HP I've ever seen. When does it stop?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 3:48pm
I'm not looking to stir anything up, but man, that's some serious powerEngine.

Ken
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 4:22pm
It might just push that MC to the high 40's.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 4:30pm
Looks to be a pretty powerful motor- but those MC's sure need it. Look at the numbers from last year's Waterski Magazine boat buyers guide- the Prostar 190 with the 350 hp MCX was over a second slower to 36 and was 4 MPH slower (it topped out at 42) than the SN 196 with the 330 Excalibur. The MC just has a ton of wetted surface and a hook on the back of the hull- doesnt make for a lot of speed.

I would imagine that 393 that Dallas has will turn well over 5k. Ive seen stock GT40's that can turn close to that, though the 90-96 hull is faster than the TSC1. I can do 4800-5100 depending on the prop. JR VIC is currently tuning his '92 with the Hiteks and other upgrades and just reached 52 MPH @ 5400 RPM.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 11:12pm
Man I need to get my boat done for next summer.Nice pics !!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 12:16am
I dug up a couple of pics from this past season.

First launch

Double your fun

First timer picked it up quite well

Atleast she went out swinging

A well deserved rest, notice the backup boat on the lift.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 2:54am
Why does that thing get the cover???
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 10:00am
Ok, lets pull the fatman chair out of the living room to use on the deckboat & set up the banquet tables out in the water! Gotta party w/ this group!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 11:11am
MM, don't sweat it. the 2001 has it's own shorestation with canopy.

nauti84, we had a pull out sofa on the pontoon as well. plus 1 more "fatman" chair
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 1:44pm
Ive seen this before, Cla$$ic Pringles overdose. Never give the girls anything but beer.
The 88 looks sharp in that pic!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 2:04pm
I've got to get in on one of these outings! Great pics, keep on posting.

Ken
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 3:05pm
Looks like she got it in the Can too many times that day, the PLBC signature!!

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 4:37pm
Was she laying on the table behind her before ending up on the chair ? I wonder who the next victum was and where those photo's are ?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 8:55pm
Alan, hopefully you don't mind me hijacking your thread with these. Nobody was seriously injured. They were tired from all the SKIING.

Look what I uncover as I'm looking for my shoes

Making use of the pullout PLBC mentioned

Must be something about this chair?

Some spooning action on the lawn

A little too much sun for whitey
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 11:32pm
HW,

the title says "cool Summer pics" post away man.

I need a little motivation, Ordered a lot of parts for the boat but haven't done a darn thing to it yet.

Even got a syringe to CC the Gt40 heads, I see 79's back, maybe I'll do that tommorrow night so we can get a good cat fight going..haha

Are we all still getting together next week?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 11:39pm
Your darn right we are. I'm flying in to Chicago Sunday Afternoon. Planning to meet you guys Monday the 15th. Only problem is, after we get together, I have to get myself over to Itasca. How far is that? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Are we all still getting together next week?

I'm still planning on it. I don't think we picked a location yet howerver, and I can't remember the other thread we were talking about it in either.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:00am

Ordered a lot of parts for the boat but haven't done a darn thing to it yet.

Alan, I a$$ume the intake made it to you OK?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:39am
Speaking of shipping things, your stuff should arrive today Tim.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:45am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ordered a lot of parts for the boat but haven't done a darn thing to it yet.

Alan, I a$$ume the intake made it to you OK?

Not yet Tim, But I tracked it and it should be here today
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Speaking of shipping things, your stuff should arrive today Tim.

Awesome, thanks!

Alan, I think I sent it Priority. I know they told me ~1 week- sorry its taking so long!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 10:47am
BKH, Itasca is a solid 30-45 minutes from skokie/glenview (depending on traffic/time), really no good way to get there. Are you still going to be in skokie? We can find a place closer if necessary.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 11:03am
That a$$clown Hollywood posted a few pictures I was going to but here are few more "cool summer pics". Atleast it is 2007 and we can look ahead while remembering 06.

so hot right now...

Summer Formal

Ooops

Not so cool, never got it back.

Green Lake 06. PLBC/Holly, Quinner, Gotwake
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

BKH, Itasca is a solid 30-45 minutes from skokie/glenview (depending on traffic/time), really no good way to get there. Are you still going to be in skokie? We can find a place closer if necessary.

I need to be in Skokie Sunday night, and during the day. Then I have a hotel in Itasca Monday night, and morning meetings on Tuesday. When I get off work Monday, I plan to meet you guys. Is there anything between Itasca and Skokie? Could we just meet in Skokie to avoid the drive to Glenview first? I'm the guest, let me know. I figure these cab rides are going to be expensive, but I should have 1 or 2 others with me. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

I need to be in Skokie Sunday night, and during the day. Then I have a hotel in Itasca Monday night, and morning meetings on Tuesday. When I get off work Monday, I plan to meet you guys.

Monday DAY = Skokie right? Not so clear but I think that's right, then making your way to Itasca.

I'll ask some of my Abun friends where the Skokie hot spots are, anything towards Itasca I'm not familiar with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic