NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So you think working on the boat is hard-

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So you think working on the boat is hard-
    Posted: October-06-2006 at 1:11am
Just got through putting together the furniture for the baby's room. Geez. I think it requires a degree in mechanical engineering and a minor in far east linguistics to a$$emble these things. I think I'll go back in my garage this weekend where I can at least pretend I know what I'm doing BKH
Livin' the Dream

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 6:42am
Im sure you realize that was good training for the many years to some of: Bicycles and swing sets etc.
hasbeenskier
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 10:42am
Been there.I a$$embled the crib in the living room only to find out it did not go thru the doorway DOH !
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 11:48am
BKH.......I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm too lazy to find it......when's the due date?

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Baby is due mid-November
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 8:34pm
My neighbor brought over this box that must have been 100lbs. It was supposed to be a desk when put together.Damn thing took almost 3 hrs to a$$emble. He thanked me, then handed me a gift card to Applebees ($25).I hate that place....And my neighbor now! (I don't really hate the neighbor)
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 11:30pm
Sounds as tho it is almost time to fire up the "BKH Baby Name Lottery" guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2006 at 12:32pm
   Just wait till she gets a little older and you have to a$$emble one of those big wooden swingsets with the climbing wall,sandbox and monkey bars,etc.....You'll wish you were building a crib Somehow I think we all know deep down inside you can't help but to enjoy every minute of it,no matter how frustrating it seems at the time.
    Best wishes to you and the wife

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2006 at 1:47pm
BKH, 1st one?
"the things you own will start to own you"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2006 at 3:10pm
Well, I thought the crib was confusing, but it turns out the stoller is no better Yes, first child, due about November 20. Oh my aching back.

At my age (43 this month) more of friends are looking at the first grandchild, rather than the first child.

Ultrahots - your story reminds me of one April 1st at Sun Microsystems where a group of employess disa$$embled a Volkswagen and rea$$embled inside the chairman's office. Good stuff. BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2006 at 10:55am
Brain...the 20th is my B-day too! Joe Walsh and Duane Allman...Nov 20th as well!

Sooo... that means you will need to buy her a 1958 gibson Les paul Standard (sunburst)in order to spoil her rotten! BTW...that will cost you about twice the tag of a new Air 210!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2006 at 11:22pm
I'd pay anything to have stuff like that a$$embled. What a work out. If only they could know how much sweat we put into things like that...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 5:26pm
Congrats BKH!
If you thought the crib and the stroller were difficult, wait until the kid is about 5 and you are putting together all those toys on christmas day. You wil need half of the tools in your garage just to get some of the damn stuff out of the box!
Good luck and best wishes to you and your wife

PS. Do we know what we are having? (Boy, Girl)

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 8:03pm
randy, wait till thier 8 and then you cant even find your tools anymore...
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 8:12pm
Eric, so true, when my boys were that age I used to just go out in the back yard to find my tools.
Brian, enjoy every moment, they go too fast, and wait till you get to bunk beds. By the way, I'm hoping for one week early, the 13th is my birthday.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 8:50pm
Randy...a girl! So we all have to look out for her when she is in one of our states! Can't date any fine young man in the state of IL without pa$$ing a sceening that would be acceptable according to Brians rules!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic