NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:19am
Jbear,
Gotta plan for ya...fly in here... pick one from the fleet and drive it up with us! We even have a second vehicle that will tow!Seriously!

Now...add your name to the list!

Brian...any chance you would do it again!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:26am
Gary: How can I turn down an offer like that? I do think that at least one planning meeting should be held during the winter months down here.

On another matter....our son did 10 years in the Navy. Loved it. We got to cruise on "family" trips twice and I got to cruise with him on board his Frigate for 7 days! My best of luck to your boy. Go up for graduation, boy will you be proud and your wife will cry the whole weekend. At least mrs jbear did.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:30am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Jbear,
Gotta plan for ya...fly in here... pick one from the fleet and drive it up with us! We even have a second vehicle that will tow!Seriously!

Heck with an offer like that, I'll fly to garys ..and its only two hours from me!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 3:34am
Where is green lake?????how many miles is it from Orlando??????and why is the water green???
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 7:57am
Well the help's moving along pretty good so lets move on to step 2.

Start posting things you liked or didn't like about last years reunion. Pro/cons. Things you would like to see added or scraped. We've got about a month before our first meeting so we'll make a list from this thread and see what we can do.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 8:31am
I enjoyed Green Lake. However, for me, part of the fun is in going to different places. I would not mind Green Lake again, but, I think I would like it even better if a different venue were selected. I'm not positive yet that I will be able to attend, but I will try. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 8:55am
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

I enjoyed Green Lake. However, for me, part of the fun is in going to different places.

I agree. Green Lake was great but I'd like to see some other lakes possibly as well. Moj' made a good point though if it were held at the same place we'd probably get more attendance.

Liked: The band in the park, bar across the street.

Disliked: Limited rig parking. Everyone spread out at different camps/hotels. I feel I missed a lot of people and boats.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:26am
I'm gonna go ahead and throw out some dates that I will absolutely not be able to make.

July 20-22
Aug 3-5, 10-12

Middle of July worked out well this year.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:39am
I will absolutely not be able to go the week of the 4th of July. Probably not an uncommon request.

Dislikes:
- Parking was a KILLER. The town generally has no place to put a 40 foot boat/car combo.
- Spread out people, as HW mentioned
- Lake size, insane.
- Lack of skiing

Essentially GL just has that tiny little park area to offer us for a general gathering point. The problem there is everyone has boats and cars, and were miles apart in different hotels/campgrounds. Although I hate the drive down there, I must say I thought some place like Shelby would accomodate a very large group very comfortably if we all took over a campground there. I would not mind a venue change but I agree that it could kill attendance. In Shelby we had a cove for the boats to sit in and watch people try out the course and foot, which was exactly what I wanted in GL. Granted, Shelby was in the fall so we got lucky with lake traffic.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:41am
We may want to move the event closer to Spring to avoid some of the wally crowd, if possible. Just throwing it out there.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:46am
Sandbar is a given. I think this outweighs skiable water in the mid-afternoon. The theme of the reunion is a relaxed, hang out weekend instead of a 3-event tournament. Don't get me wrong I like skiing as much as the next guy, you might have to get up early or stay out late to do it. If the weather would have cooperated on Sunday morning at GL that would have been perfect.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Sandbar is a given. I think this outweighs skiable water in the mid-afternoon. The theme of the reunion is a relaxed, hang out weekend instead of a 3-event tournament. Don't get me wrong I like skiing as much as the next guy, you might have to get up early or stay out late to do it. If the weather would have cooperated on Sunday morning at GL that would have been perfect.

Good point. We did get hosed on Sunday. You can't beat the sandbar at GL- it was ideal.

Edit: PS- Keith and I were at the ramp at 5 AM on Sunday- we tried.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:30am
How's mid to late June up there? This might be good to beat the July yahoos.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:42am
Looks like this thread is the official start to the 2007 Green Lake reunion. Less than a year away!

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:02am
I am guessing mid to late June is not hanging around the sandbar timeframe so it goes back to deciding whats more important skiing/boarding or general shananigans...
Me if I am going that far I say make it mid july and extend it a few days in the week before or after that way you get the weekday skiing boarding etc in and still have time for the partying/stuntin on the weekend.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:11am
Ahh, YES, the PLBC Boys!

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:32am
JoeinNY summed it up pretty well. Any of us can jet after work and get a few sets in. I want to spend my time chatting with the guys I'll only see once a year and checking out their boats.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:45am
Fine, no skiing. Looks like GL is a pretty strong contender. Doesn't get much better for just plain hanging out. Perhaps we could buddy up with that hotel right by the park and see if we could use their lot for rig parking that weekend? Heck, we'll rent out the whole thing!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:58am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood/PLBC
Quinner
M3Fan
Rleinen79
Gotwake
Ultrahots
62 wood
stang72

Like the Sandbar/bay, park, bar in walking distance, drive from Chicago, and clean water.

Dislike the distance between people, two campgrounds, hotel, bed and breakfast. The lake was too big, would have been nice to see more boats out there together.

I hear there are numerous large lakes in the Madison area that are relatively unpopulated, might be worth checking into? Or possibly moving it to IL/IN to grab a larger crowd that will bring boats.

I think it would be fun to show off some skills as well as boats.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

I think it would be fun to show off some skills as well as boats.

People really seemed to like skiing at Shelby. There was no shortage of takers.

I've decided instead of working too hard today, I'd monitor this thread...

I like the idea of bringing it into IL/Indiana. It would really help the east coast guys too, since some are talking about driving. Maybe we could get MD Boats to bring a promo.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:09pm
I thought Alan said MWCC did a lot of work for us at GL, they'd probably be able to swing something again if we were even closer to them.

This online chatting is aggrevating, we should be at a bar with the CL flowing...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I thought Alan said MWCC did a lot of work for us at GL, they'd probably be able to swing something again if we were even closer to them.

This online chatting is aggrevating, we should be at a bar with the CL flowing...

My last conv. with MWCC is that they are on board for this year, they know they have a hugh hole as far as support in the upper midwest and our GL reunion helped them fill that. I think they will help us even more than last year. They will supply wakeboard talent as long as schedules don't conflict with their pro athletes. I think a demo boat is a given again schedules permitting.

As far as venue, I thought GL was fine for hanging out but the skiing conditions were terrible. Even the 6am barefooters had marginal water. I would return to Green but also have an alternate in mind that may work better.

Feel free to throw out site suggestions but limit them to lakes that have all the ammenities we need to host the event, ie: hotels, camping, launches, park or picnic area, a place to line up all the boats friday night,most of all a in-water hang out for saturday afternoon.

Does anyone here ski Lauderdale lakes, Wi? Lauderdale lakes Marine was a major sponsor and they have a CC dealersship on the water. If the lake has what we need it may be an option. STill in Wi but close for most of us who attended last year.

My other suggestion would be in Ottowa on the Illinois where the Militia hold their wakeboard events. If anyone has any feedback on these two sites please speak up. I think Ottowa would be ideal but I'd have to contact the owners of the property and see what they think.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 1:44pm
Green Lake was a pretty good spot for almost everything except skiing, I think an alternate location ideally would be in WI or IL, Indiana may be getting too close to the official CC reunion site.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 1:49pm
location - my brother has a weekend place on a lake 10mi south of there, so it was easy for us with the two little guys, especially to 2-month old ... errr new
footin' w/ Seipel
hanging out at the sandbar
driving the new 220

Dislikes:
Green lake is pretty rough

I would be open to some place in IL. It is closer to home. I was up at Lauderdale lakes on Labor Day weekend. I don't know if there is a place to stay on the lake, and they have the early morning no-wake rule.

Ottowa would be cool. You can almost always find good water on the river, and you can do some long footin' runs.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:00pm
Lauderdale also is a very populated area, many boats running around on med/small lakes.

While the river would make for long runs it also would not be an ideal place to anchor and hand out at a sand bar that doesn't exist.

Ultrahots, do you know anything about Lake Kegonsa, Lake Koshkonog, or Lake Wisconsin?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:25pm
My opinion, if there's a place that has fairly smooth water, that would be great. It would be great to foot, slalom and board all day long (wind permiting). I'd love to learn some new tricks, but not depend on 6:00AM everyday. Sounds like GL is a little choppy? Whatever is decided, I'll enjoy regardless.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Lauderdale also is a very populated area, many boats running around on med/small lakes.

While the river would make for long runs it also would not be an ideal place to anchor and hand out at a sand bar that doesn't exist.

Ok Nix Lauderdale but the river does have plenty of places to pullover and tie, anchor or beach the boats. I like the location because it's private property and we won't have Barnie Fife telling us get the boats off the gra$$ all night long. Camping is onsite and hotels are down the street. Tavern is onsite. Just add it to the list and we'll go over all of them later.

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:41pm
Green Lake was great.....for hanging out. The thing I disliked the most was the park. Great little gathering spot, but as people would get there friday night, there wasn't anywhere to park. It would be ideal to have a gathering spot on Friday night where all the boats and people could be togeher. The NE reunion looks like they had a pretty good "out of water" gathering. Don't get me wrong.....in the water is definitely better than out.....but looking through the pics, there were some boats/people there that I never even saw. It would definitely be cool to follow the same format as last year, with an informal Friday meet and greet, followed by a full day of fooling around Saturday. As for the skiing......I want to ski. SKI Nautique. Green Lake was pretty rough the whole weekend. 81 and I went out early friday morning in the rain, and there wasn't great water then, let alone any other time. Coming back from the sandbar Sat afternoon was the roughest water I'd been in for a long time.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:46pm
I have Ottawa connections, as I help out with May Days/Boot Camp/Fall FallOut. If that's picked I can really help out. Shelby is always nice as well. It's tough to find decent weekend water anywhere. While I liked the sandbar, I agree that the parking in GL, the ramp, and the "staying everywhere" is tough. I would also add that it would be nice to find a central location for all the boats to be parked, so you could see them all. (on a weekend day)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:53pm
Is there a place that we can rent a private beach? Have a BBQ on the beach, place to keep all the brew ha ha's, put the boats on the sand or anchor right off the beach. This would keep everyone in one spot too. Maybe this has been tossed around before, or is similar to last year. I'm just thinking out loud.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic