NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Is there a place that we can rent a private beach? Have a BBQ on the beach, place to keep all the brew ha ha's, put the boats on the sand or anchor right off the beach. This would keep everyone in one spot too. Maybe this has been tossed around before, or is similar to last year. I'm just thinking out loud.

Ken

If we go to the Illinois River you can rent a house boat for the weekend. house boat rentals
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Coming back from the sandbar Sat afternoon was the roughest water I'd been in for a long time.

Would have been rougher if it hadn't been smoothed out by my Ski Nautique! Imagine the ride we had!
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:01pm
Just thinking out loud, and of course this is easier said than done, but it would be nice to find somewhere with a private cove to beach/anchor the boats, so that those who want to ski can do so in view of the rest of the CCfans. That way everyone is together. And there would probably be some great pics of the action!

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Coming back from the sandbar Sat afternoon was the roughest water I'd been in for a long time.

Would have been rougher if it hadn't been smoothed out by my Ski Nautique! Imagine the ride we had!

M3fan.....I have 3 or 4 pics of you and your wife and Keith in front of us, but most of them were so blurry from the chop, you couldn't tell what they were.

Rob
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:28pm
I'd be willing to bet my skegs got plenty of air-time and were actually visible during that crossing.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:30pm
Definitely the roughest water I've seen in the '88. It was kinda fun, except for the point where my beer was foaming uncontrollably and couldn't even get it near my mouth.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:36pm
Wonder what sort of money they want for the house boat rental? I'd be down with that. It's like the motha ship of the fleet! Just don't let Hollywood and boyz at the wheel after consuming some frosty beverages. Ever see, On Golden Pond??

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:40pm
You scratched my anchor!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:40pm
"Look out, Hollywood. Dang, I spilled my beer all over my lap"

I'm one to talk.....

Ken
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 5:01pm

Wonder what sort of money they want for the house boat rental? I'd be down with that.

$1395 for a weekend in July. Kind of salty when compared with a campsite or hotel.
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 5:02pm

Hollywood hurrying back for another beer across GL
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 5:09pm
$1,395 for a weekend? Wow, big bucks. A campsite sounds better. I was thinking $500-$600.

We could all kick in a buy that 1986, Nautique for $1,500, gut it out and make a huge floating cooler out of it! The engine box could be a snack tray.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 5:13pm
The PLBC floating cooler. We could put a nice shine on it. Bet it would be the biggest and nicest cooler on the lake! A good fixer upper when you're done using it.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 5:15pm
No offense to who owns this boat or who wants to purchase it. By the looks of it, some TLC is needed. It's ready for a new life, even if it's a party barge.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 6:36pm
Ken, The house boat sleeps 10, get all your NE cronies together and rent the dam thing. You'll have a blast. Besides, I want to see Hollywood do a flying barefoot start off the slide on the back of the houseboat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:00am
Maybe if we get enough NE people together, then yes. A hotel would run at least $100 per night. We'll have to test the interest level first. I'm down with it. It sleeps 10, but why do I have a feeling we'd have about 10 more people pa$$ed out on the boat?

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:23am

It sleeps 10, but why do I have a feeling we'd have about 10 more people pa$$ed out on the boat?

I guess your girls will have to double/triple up, oh no!

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I want to see Hollywood do a flying barefoot start off the slide on the back of the houseboat.

You know I'm game!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:35am
We'll explore this option. I'd spend $200-$300 bucks for this. The only other confirmed people are Keith and Tim. Mike's a maybe. We'll see about Larry. I'm pretty sure my cuz would be game. Scott, Nauti84? We'll figure it out. I would a$$ume we'd have to book far in advance? Let's keep this party boat option wide open!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 12:31pm
10 people on the house boat would only be $139.50 per head, or about the cost of a hotel room per night. Not sure what a campground would cost. Maybe some of your guys out west would want in on this? Not only the sleeping value, but the entertainment value would be huge!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 12:35pm
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 7:34pm
Here's my take guys:

When we first discussed where to have this event, the most important thing was to find enough lodging, a town for wifes to hang out in, a place where everyone could gather, and a local pub in the middle. If we all remember, this was a "reunion", with a chance to meet and hang with Mike Seiple(sp) for one morning, and a lot of beer drinking. It was an event for everyone who could make it to get together and have a relaxing time etc.
I truely believe the goal was met !! The lake itself could have been completely different condition wise. It's all dependant on the wind direction. That weekend is was blowing the wrong one for sure... If this is a sking challenge type event, then GL should be marked off the list !!

Yes, Green is big, it offered everything but the sking. No matter where you go and try to park 30-40 rigs on a public lake, on a weekend,you're asking for a lot. We can certainly go elsewhere, but please consider the priorities of the weekend and suit them the best you can. There is no way to please everyone....

Suggestions:
There are other places to hold a get together in GL, including the county beach park, two empty lots behind my house (available from my neighbor) etc. They won't have a band shell, but may be just fine next year. Private, drink whatever you want, cook, Parking etc.

I'll travel, no problem. Someone on a lake or near it should "pitch" his or her lake and see if it fits the bill. Finding a uncrowded lake in or around Chicagoland in the summer doesn't exist.

Also, I'm not sure why the word didn't get out about the empty lot a half a block West of the ramp?? It was ours to use, but no one took advantage of it...(next to the old moble station)...

Moj'

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 7:50pm
Yes..parking! I was aware of that empty spot and wondered why no one used it???

Anyway...I really liked GL ! We stayed at the Bayview and had a place to dock (overnight)and they have a ramp. Great place to stay!!!
I know most people want to ski(me too), however,we do that nearly everyweekend. I would go back to GL in a heartbeat! If the wind was not blowing, it would just be a bonus...and a matter of luck.

I like that spot...we know it works! Maybe some tweeking to make it even better!

SANDBAR....that place rocks!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 7:56pm
Please keep it in Wisconsin......... my wife has a bunch of family in Kenosha ?? area, and I can totally scam a "family vacation" to see her relatives, and "oh, by the way, we have to go to this cool CC reunion thing" while out there !!

Seemed like everyone around there was drinking Miller or Miller Light Last time I was out there....... Shall I bring some Nor Cal Micro brew to the fest ??
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by todicus todicus wrote:

Shall I bring some Nor Cal Micro brew to the fest ??

I'll give it a chug. The PLBC is a pretty big fan of Coors Light as well.

I think part of the scatteredness had to do with it being our first time. I was nervous yet excited and could hardly hold it in...umm wait what am I talking about? I really thing the only thing missing was a place for everyone to park their rigs, that's all. Everything else was great.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 8:19pm
Todicus,

I made the trip from California for GL06, and was glad I did. Well worth a couple of plane tickets and a rental car IMO. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 8:27pm
I concur with the Mojo Man, I really think everything was great, planning, location, clean deep lake, town and bar within walking distance, etc. we also skied on Fri PM & Sat AM on OK water. I stayed directly across the street from the park which really worked out well for us.
I have thought alot about a better venue and at the moment have yet to come up with one.

Todicus, if you are ever in Kenosha give me a shout, I am only about 20 mins. from there.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Shall I bring some Nor Cal Micro brew to the fest ??

I'll give it a chug. The PLBC is a pretty big fan of Coors Light as well.

Micro brew is for sipping.Coors light is for chugging.Let us know in advance if we're going with local or dark beer, so I don't bring any food.That stuff is a meal in itself.There's a pork chop in every can

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 9:24pm
I love that dark beer..We call it "Pork Soda"
Scott
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 9:24pm

Please keep it in Wisconsin......... my wife has a bunch of family in Kenosha ?? area, and I can totally scam a "family vacation" to see her relatives, and "oh, by the way, we have to go to this cool CC reunion thing" while out there !!

This is another thing- I tried to blend 2 vacations into one and it blew it for me. The next reunion is 100% CCFan. I was torn between family and small inboards with 300 HP... sorta spoiled the fun a couple times.

The other thing I will be sure to do is take more time off for the reunion. I rolled in on Friday at about 11PM. Missed a lot of the action. My advice to anyone who is coming next year is to TAKE SOME TIME OFF and come early. Don't miss a moment.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 10:23pm
I'm with Mojo . It all depends on the wind direction . If you want to make it a skiing challeng then lets see who can catch the most air on those big waves or see who can make it acrose the lake the fastest . Otherwords lets just sit back and enjoy some cold ones and look at what we all have in common , CORRECT CRAFT FANS .
The only thing I would like to see different would be a large lot where they could all be parked together and admired.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:32pm
I have been sitting back and listening to the conversation of moving locations. Skiing would be fun, but talking to others and looking at the rides is great too. We can ski another weekend with our friends. Getting together with a huge group of friends is once a year. Sand bars are a dime a dozen in central illinois. Shelbyville would be good, but it is REALLY busy on the weekends and you can just take skiing out of the picture unless you do it a t 3am.

I'd bet that the people planning it or people who live up there can find a bit more parking in the general vicinity. I would be happy to drive up there some weekend and talk to people about parking and using lots or gra$$y areas, etc. Just let me know.

I am really glad people are plannig this already and looking ahead. I can't wait to head up there next year.

Just to give suggestions from Central Illinois, Clinton would be good early in the year. Warm water and decent amount of parking. Still wouldn't suggest it for the way the reunion is "set up". And there is Mill Creek in Marshall, Illinois. Awesome lake, plenty of parking, nice campground, but you guys may be too rowdy! So I would suggest keeping it up north and try it one more year from the way it sounds.

Just my .02

Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic