NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

End of a great season

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of a great season
    Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:17am
Mrs. Barracuda gets the last boat ride of the season- over to the ramp and up on the trailer...Last night was the night.She was out there rippin around the lake while I waited with the trailer in the water- she says, I got it up to 47.

Was a great season though, put about 50 hours on the meter, met some good people at the NE reunion, got the barefoot bug and made some new ski buds

Next year will be pretty exciting for us, with a new baby on board (due Oct 19)

Won't make it to Mid West, but certainly will make it any NE event that is planned or even unplanned.

Time to get the skinny skis out of the closet and start the snow dance.

We spend a lot of time at Okemo Mt in the winter- anyone headed that way drop me a line and we'll hook up on the slopes.

-Brad
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:27am
Hey Brad,

I'm glad that CCF.com got us all together this summer. Thanks to you and Mrs. Barracuda for welcoming me into your home. Lost Lake is where it's at! I'm looking forward to next spring. We need to put some big-time hours on my boat.

I've snow boarded once. I'm up for trying snow skiing. Maybe you'll see me on the bunny trail!

Ken
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:42am
Mr & Mrs B - Oct.19th??
Puttin the boat away just in time huh?
BEST OF LUCK!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:47am
Brad,

Forecasting freezing temps and snow for us starting tommorow so I put mine back on the trailer and in the garage last night as well. My lake was like a mirror so of course I tore it up for probably the last time this year.
This year we did about 70hrs, I would guess 98% of that time was with someone behind the boat.

Really enjoyed the summer, met some great people through this site and at Green Lake and with that found some new ski buds and friends, it's all good!

Wish you the best with the family/new baby.

CQ
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:48am
Nauti- yep, just in time. thanks for the well wishes.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:17am
Yes it was. Enjoyed the Tique more than ever, mostly in the form of pulling my son, an aspiring wake boarder and my daughter, a little skittish after ending up in the hospital due to a fall a few seasons ago, but getting her courage back. And enough runs of my own to keep me happy.

What really impressed me though is the impact of this site. Many thanks to Keith. It fostered two get togethers that saw people flying in and crossing state lines, it renewed enthusiasm in boats that weren't seeing much use, it renewed enthusiasm in getting out and doing what some hadnt done in years, like that first barefoot run in how many years, or stepping off for the first time. And it created new friendships, both on-line and in person. I got to get together with Ken to ski (and crash his cousin's wedding in my home town, just so I could stop in and visit Ken)and I am looking forward to joining the New England ski group to practice so we can whup up on the PLBC guys next year. It makes me hope that some day I can meet with some of those more distant acquaintances that I consider friends even though I have never met them. It makes me polish up my boat just a little bit shinier, drive with a little more pride down the highway, and think what else can I do to spruce it up just a bit more.

Yup...its been a good year.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:49am
^ Word
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:26pm
I agree. A great season. I didnt ride as much or improve as much as I would have liked but still a great summer. I put about 40 hrs on it but had a crazy summer with me getting married. Over all the best summer of my life I enjoyed the boat but enjoyed having a wife to share it with more than anything. I look forward to years of the same.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jon4pres jon4pres wrote:

I enjoyed the boat but enjoyed having a wife to share it with more than anything.

pics......
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:58pm
jon4pres- Congrats to you and Mrs. jon4pres! It really is nice when your Mrs. loves it too. We're lucky guys!
-Brad
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:59pm
I trailered the boat over 2600 miles this season, took it to at least 6 lakes, and put on about 60 engine hours. I was trying to figure out why the engine hours were so low this year, but it is because we started turning the engine off between ski sets this year, which changes the hours quite a bit.

I spent about 700 dollars on boat parts or upgrades this year (new PP display, ACME 422, etc).

I skied with/met/hung out with at least a dozen people that I didn't know at all this time last year.

I even met a ski buddy at ski school (www.skibennetts.com). We had such a good time that we booked again for next year with the same people.

I had more course time this year than ever. I can only recall a handful of outings that did not involve some time on the course. Ironically I still am not good at the course, but hopefully I've gotten myself more comfortable with it this year.

I barefooted a whole 3 outings this year (all LL deeps)- but hey, that's 3X more than the year before, where I had one LL footing run all season.

I'd have to say this is the best boating season I've ever had.

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 1:10pm
Great summer. Great Fan site. Great bunch of folks that I would like to meet at the reunion !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I barefooted a whole 3 outings this year (all LL deeps)- but hey, that's 3X more than the year before, where I had one LL footing run all season.

Still got time to up this one^^^
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 3:57pm
Hollywood check out this link for more pictures.

www.jon4pressupersmokinhotwife.com

Your welcome
Jon
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:13pm
Brad, glad to hear you got the boat out ok. It was cool that we got to push the season a little bit- it was definitely worth it!

Good luck to you and the Mrs... one week to go! We will all have to meet up on the slopes this winter

-Tim
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by jon4pres jon4pres wrote:

www.jon4pressupersmokinhotwife.com

Go post that in the For Sale forum with the rest of the spam. I (and probably a few others) want the real deal.
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:47pm

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:52pm

I dont have any good ones here at work. I think this is from last season actually.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:53pm
Oh I remember her and the pooch, didn't your pic get put in the newspaper or something?

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:55pm
You've got to love when the dogs are involved with boating. What a life!

Ken
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 4:59pm
Hollywood, She is the one. We need to take the camera out on the boat more. I have a friend who is a photographer and when he goes we get great pics but when he doesnt we usually dont even try.
I know everyone hates tubers but here is a pretty cool shot of my brother from this season.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:31pm
This year I only put 18 hours on my boat. Considering that I live on the water, and typically exceed 100 hours per year that doesn't sound good.

Still I consider it a great summer. I battled through a back surgery, and a sever estaph infection. Making it to the Green Lake reunion, and making it back on the water for just one wakeboard run were major goals and milestones in my recovery.

I was blessed to meet a lot of great people in Greenlake, and have hooked up with most of the Chicago contingency on subsequent visits. I feel as though I've made some good friends for life. Couple that with the impending arrival of our first child in November, and yes, I'd call it a great season.

Barracuda, congratulations on the little one on the way. Jon4pres, congratulations on your nuptials. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 12:05am
BKH- wow, you've had a hell of a year. Congrats to you on many fronts- wishing you and Mrs. all the best in these next couple of months.
I just ordered an infant life vest from Overton's today :) Figured the little peanut will be about 6-7 months when the boat goes back in for 07.
At the baby shower last weekend, they had a bet going on how old our first would be when he/she drops thier first ski.
I wasn't allowed to drop when I learned to slalom- i think they've all over bid :)
-Brad
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:55pm
My favorite part of the summer was getting into this forum. Mrs. Dude and I skied this morning. I couldn't get past 28 off though. I was glad to read someone else isn't really that great after years of doing it too. I keep thinking lessons would make a big improvement but never want to take the time or money...

All the best to you guys with new babies and wives.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic