NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bird’s-eye view of sn2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
straylight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straylight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bird’s-eye view of sn2001
    Posted: October-12-2006 at 6:11am
Hi all, after demoing an 87 bfn, i decided not to buy her for various reasons. Now i am looking at a well maintained 83 sn2001. The only drawback is a rather worn interiour. In order to plan a redo of the whole interiour, i would love to have a bird's-eye view of an sn2001. If possible a 83 with standard interiour.
Anyone here to help me with that?

TIA,
Tom
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 9:47am
I took all of the interior out of my '86. We use the boat, do not just look at it.

If you put all original interior in it, it will be cracked at the seams in 3 years. Unless you plan on just looking at it I suggest making 2 sets, your show set and what you use.

Tim
straylight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straylight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 10:13am
Hi,
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

I took all of the interior out of my '86. We use the boat, do not just look at it.

If you put all original interior in it, it will be cracked at the seams in 3 years. Unless you plan on just looking at it I suggest making 2 sets, your show set and what you use.

i am not planning to put in it all original interior. I would like to do a custom job over winter. This would include all new seat arrangements, a sort of sundeck like plattform over ballast- and lpg-tanks etc. To get an image about sizes and where to put things, i would love to have such a bird' eye view of the boat. Just to clarify what i am seeking:
please look at the lower right corner
TIA,
Tom

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 10:23am

Tim

Thats an awfully strange comment. Our former '92 still has the original interior and it looks great- no splitting at the seams at all. Id say it has close to 1000 hrs on it now.

Granted, we're not battling the Florida sun- but if you take good care of it, the interior can last a long time.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 10:51am

I agreed with Tim. That is very strange. I personally own a 1986 Nautique and the interior is original and mint condition. Brad and Keith also own 1986 Nautiques and I can say the same about theirs, MINT! Maybe if you walk all over your seats or treat them with harsh chemicals, then they'll wear out. Just simple TLC will help extend the life of anything.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic