NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maharajah ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2007 at 12:41am
My parents used to ride a wooden Hook. They go for pretty good money on ebay, been trying to score one.

David F
is this the ski your looking for.

maherajah 2001
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2007 at 2:35pm
That's the one! Got to have it for posterity. Thanks for the heads up.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2007 at 8:32pm
Glad to help. Hope it works out for you.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 6:21pm
David are you bidding on the ski or is it someone else?
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 6:27pm
That is not me. Still a bit early to bid.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2007 at 10:56pm
David did you end up with the ski?
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2007 at 12:06pm
Nope

Got sniped at the last second. I was using a bidding service and my max bid was higher than the ski went for...dang! Should have just bid my max and been done with it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2007 at 6:01pm
sorry to hear I let you know if I see one again.
delbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2007 at 7:53pm
David, Check out ebay item # 200173601674. 2001 that is on ebay. This one is stated as composite.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Pete,

Back in the 80's I had a Connelly Hook, all wood just like your O'Brien, lent it out and never saw it again.

CQ, you should be all over this!

Hook on ebay
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 2:41am
There is a Maherajah Long Board listed in the boats section, San Francisco Craigslist today. No photo. Asking $900. Not cheap, but new the ski is $2K with bindings. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 9:16pm
I think this might be my most favorite thread here on CCF! I have been skiing Mahas since the mid '70s and currently have three of them, a 65" 2001, a 70" wooden competition, and a recently purchased graphite/foam core 360. My 65" is a little too short for me these days but the wooden 70 incher is a blast when I want to get out and cut hard for a good workout. The 360 is my currnet favorite as it's such a hoot to ride. I recently found it on ebay and clicked the "buy it now" price for about $350. It looks like it's brand new. It came with a size 8 fixed binding which was too small for me (it fit my wife perfectly though)so I called Bob Maher who built me a larger full wrap binding for it. It was a real treat to get to talk to Bob...the guy is legendary! He gave me the scoop on how to ride it and now I can go for many miles behind the boat on this thing before getting tired. It's easy to get up on and jumps the wake like nothing I have ever ridden. I plan on adding to my collection with other models Bob made (anyone have any rare Maha jumpers? )and dream about ordering a custom made brand new one in the future.
Like the old saying goes, "MAHA Rules!" Many thanks to Bob Maher for a lifetime of great skiing!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Pete,

Back in the 80's I had a Connelly Hook, all wood just like your O'Brien, lent it out and never saw it again.

[IMG]uploads/Hook.jpg">

Hook on ebay

I just picked up this exact ski today for $70. Saw it on CL three miles from my house. Had to have it. Thought I remembered a thread about wood skis.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

[QUOTE=quinner] Pete,

Hook on ebay

Back in the days, all of the old guys here had and rode on hard wood !!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2012 at 10:49am
This is the one I picked up for $70;

This is one I bought a couple of years ago, I then turned it into a longboard skate board,

Trust me, I won't be messing with the Hook.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2012 at 4:36pm
Bought "New" in 1978    $180.00 w/ soft case.
Bought another 8 years ago, even more beautiful, re-finished and gave it to the current 5-time State Slalom champ for his 50th birthday.

AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2012 at 7:14pm
I picked up a wooden Connelly hook this past summer on off of Craigslist for $125. It doesn't have that matching case, but it's in great shape. Those are the ones I leaned to ski on
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2012 at 11:52pm
Picked this Maha up a few months ago on good ol ebay ...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2012 at 10:55am
Nice skis. I am still searching for my old Terry.
vixen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2012 at 11:15am
Still have my joe cash i bought for my wife in 1961 and the one she got me the next year.Those were our first comp.ski's,untell then we had home made.They both look like the day we got them.    Mel     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic