Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What’s your favorite Beer ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 12:33am
I go for Fat Tire or Moose Drool if I'm buying but unlike most Oregonians I'm no brew snob I'll enjoy anything offered.
Work to live, not live to work.

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 12:43am
If you ever head toward VA, please call me and I'll send you the money to buy lots of Fat Tire and the coolers to carry them in. Heck, I'll go for some of that Moose Drool if it's as good.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 9:10am
Is Fat Tire really that hard to get? I can get it by the case if you come to Chicago.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 9:18am
The real question is,

Is Fat Tire really that good?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 11:07am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

The real question is,

Is Fat Tire really that good?

Great question. Completely overrated beer. It brings nothing to the table. It's one of those brands that people like just because it makes them sound elite because they know what it is. Newcastle is another beer in this same category, sorry.

Edit: Yes, I'm a total beer snob.
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 1:25pm
Maybe we just don't have much to compare it to here in Virginia, or maybe (work with me on this one), maybe, I have a different opinion than you.

To be honest, I just really like it and could care less if people haven't heard of it or have heard of it. It doesn't carry any clout here because it isn't availible for 2 or 3 states in any direction (in other words it'd be like saying you owned some car made in Spain that no one has heard of, and some one telling you you owned it to look good...just doesn't make sense...not for me anyway because for all anyone around me knows its just another crappy beer). We have a family friend from Iowa and when he goes home he brings it back. That's how I was introduced to it and thats how I drink it. I have a friend who is here from Colorado and he says it is his and most folks from where he from's favorite beer. He could be trying to look elite since it's brewed and availible out there...
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by redneck7 redneck7 wrote:

Maybe we just don't have much to compare it to here in Virginia, or maybe (work with me on this one), maybe, I have a different opinion than you.

To be honest, I just really like it and could care less if people haven't heard of it or have heard of it.

Maybe, you should just chill, as M3 was only expressing an opinion. Nobody is saying you are an idiot for liking it. I haven't tried it, just asking if it is that good to have it shipped across multiple states . . .
r e l a x
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 2:17pm
I was just joking too...sorry...sarcasm doesn't convey well over the internet. No harm intended and I'm not too sure that M3 took any offense since he hasn't said so. If he did (or since you did on his behalf), I'm sorry.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 2:20pm
If anyone in the Midwest runs across any beers by the Two Brothers Brewing Co. give them a try. They are my neighbors and it is brewed right here in Warrenville. Pretty good stuff and a couple of great guys. Good customers too, we print all their shirts for them. I hear it is available in Ma$$achusetts also so give it a try if you can find it.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 2:59pm
One of my favorite things about travelling around this county or others is experiencing the local flavors- restaraunts and beers alike.It's a treat when you can try a new beer or one that you can't get locally. My folks would bring a couple cases of Linies from WI out east. A buddy in school would bring Yuengling back from PA- it's all good.
-Brad
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 3:02pm
Thanks for the recommendation, Alan. I'll keep my eye open for it.

Ken
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2006 at 12:17pm

This brewing company is just north of the Napa Valley Wine Country. Great beer and a nice place to stop when you are tired of tasting wine all day long.

http://www.avbc.com/main.html

It's a great place to vacation at and get completely tatered at the same time !!

I give tours to those who can handle drinking all day.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 1:21pm
There are only two kinds of beer: Corona and free.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Jim_In_Houston Jim_In_Houston wrote:

There are only two kinds of beer: Corona and free.

I thought it was "Is It Cold or Warm" ......oh..aaahhh ... it's cold Nautral Lite ....aahhh....thanks but no thanks.. I'll try the lake water thou.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 3:25pm
A local brewing company makes

"Alimony Ale - The Bitterest Beer in America."

Tastes nasty, but I think that's the idea. BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

A local brewing company makes

"Alimony Ale - The Bitterest Beer in America."

Tastes nasty, but I think that's the idea. BKH

I had a BIG GULP of that, back in "92". Remarried in "97"...I'll never drink that stuff again
Scott
Duck Soup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duck Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 11:04pm
Your gonna hate me on this one but I own a restaurant and bar. I pull up to the tap as I just did on go hmmmmm and then pour. At the moment it's a Whales Tale brewed on Nantucket. I have ten on tap and another 22 in the bottle.
On the off shore boat it's usually Coors Light for chuggin and something that I've never had at port. Last January on a fishin trip in Western Mexico 13 of us sat on a beach one afternoon and consumed many brew, they tried to tell me it was 3 to 400 but I could only confirm 300. I still can't believe it. great topic this one will go on for a long time. I have heard of the legend of Fat Tire Beer, from Belgium I think. but haven't tried one.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 12:43am
Fat Tire is made by the New Belgium Brewing Company, but it is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 1:20am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

If anyone in the Midwest runs across any beers by the Two Brothers Brewing Co. give them a try. They are my neighbors and it is brewed right here in Warrenville. Pretty good stuff and a couple of great guys. Good customers too, we print all their shirts for them. I hear it is available in Ma$$achusetts also so give it a try if you can find it.

Hey Magic,
Sounds like we need to do some booz'n for sure. I've tried these guys suds before.. Great brews if you like micro suds... I'll drop you a line once I get home, so we can get the boys together.. Only ggod beer here in Shanghai is Tiger draft.... Kerist, get me home already.........

Moj'
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 7:09pm
A&W Root Beer
2nd choice Pabst w/Campbells tomato juice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic