Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convert a roller trailer?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert a roller trailer?
    Posted: October-15-2006 at 9:06pm
I want to restore the trailer for the 78 Ski Tique. I want to know how you would convert an I/O roller trailer to accomodate the boat while I work on the original trailer.

I'm pretty sure I can make it work, just want to know if anyone has done something along these lines. If you have, and have pics, that would be great.

Thanks,
Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2006 at 9:22pm
There was a post a while back showing how to jack a boat up and pull the trailer from under it.
Tim D
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 1:56pm
Just did it last weekend. Our 86 was bought without a trailer. It made sense since we planned never to leave our lake and the marina provides great work. But things do change. I shopped around for trailed for inboards and if I WAS able to locate one the owner wanted to much to part with it. I know several SN onwers who complete this same trialer conversion project. I bought a conventional trailer with rollers. You can unbolt or use a cutting wheel to remove the rollers. Becareful not to cut any main cross members. We made up some basic L brackets & ran 2 2X16's up the middle of the trailer. We drilled and bolted the brackets to the frame. You will need to take some measurements a few times to ensure proper clearences. You can get a good look at similar trailer by going to the nearest marina and look and thier multipurpose work trailers. It should have a similar bunking configuration. I think we spent more on the beer than the materials needed to convert the trailer to rest the boat.
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 12:41am
Thanks DeepCreek, that was what I thought, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to hear from others who have done it.

Is that Deep Creek Lake in MD? I am down in St Mary's County.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic