NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almost lost the ’68

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 6:25pm
Day 2, 5:15 PM. I just got home from work. No rain today but the water is rising quickly. 6" of rain are predicted for tomorrow. The neighbors met me when I got home from work and they all want to try to get the '68 out this afternoon. They have a plan to use 2 flat bottom boats and drag the '68 up into someone's yard and back the trailer under it. It seems they all want to see the '68 rescued. Listening to that V-8 idle up and down the bayou has appearantly become a part of their bayou experience.

I took the pic when I got home this afternoon. The water is almost up to the light switches which are 7' above dock deck (by design).
Thank you again for all the warm comments.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 6:46pm
JIH: praying for no more rain! Hope you can get it out safely...

We flooded in Allison and the water was 2 feet from our home last night at 1am. It's dropped back down some today, but if we get more tomorrow we're in trouble.

Skied this morning anyway. Priorities.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 7:10pm
J_I_H

Glad to see a happy ending so far. Probably best to get her out of there into safety. Good luck with the recovery.

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 9:07pm
JIH.
Looks like your neighbor across the way is in a tough spot too. That's unbelievable how that water came up so fast. Good luck , be safe.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 10:31pm
BKH: You lookin to move? Still not to crowded here in Central Florida. Would really add to my property values to have you near here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 10:52pm
Some day. Chocolate Bayou was sounding pretty good till I saw Jim's photos. Hope you get the boat out Jim, but more so, hope the water doesn't reach your home. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 11:34pm
Jim,
What else can i say ,that hasnt been said? Good luck on getting the ol girl out ...

they arent making them '68s no more ,you know!

ps, got your gas gauge..er, stick put safely away?.. God bless and be safe!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2006 at 11:54pm
JIH,

Glad to hear so far so good...let's hope and pray it ends better than it started.

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 5:55am
Jim,
ahhhhhhhh, get her out of there my man !!!! Then look for higher ground yourself.. 6 more inches and your neighbors house is completely under !!!! Good Luck and again god bless !!!

Moj'
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 8:07am
WOW! Best of luck....keep us posted.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 9:19pm
I nixed the plan for pulling out the '68 last night. I decided to ride it out. The water was down by 2 feet this AM and lower this evening. It looks like everything will be back to normal in a couple of days. Problems over. Thanks again for all the kind words. Jim S
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 1:48pm
Hey Jim, give us an update...Get her out, yet?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Jim_In_Houston Jim_In_Houston wrote:

I nixed the plan for pulling out the '68 last night.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 1:16pm
The '68 is hanging in its slings and the water level is almost back to normal. The world is back on its axis.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 3:47pm
JIM
glad to hear all is well on chocolate bayou,your rain became our rain only a few less drops, my bayou came up 4 feet but my 64 sleeps on her trailer in her own shop, pain in the a$$ till the rain starts.......boat dr
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 9:34am
After all that JIH and boat dr would you guys ever move away from the water....Not a chance, there's something about the word bayou that keeps you running back to that mystical world you guys call home.

Glad all is well, another great story..with pictures this time even.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 10:20am
81;
these shots are not as drastic as Jims, but gives you an idea of how we live in the deep south, also the start of a new home for the '64. the bayou is to the right of the building, down with the old in with the new.La. has instituted a whole set of new building codes for all of the state, effective Jan. 07 every building must be Force 4 compatable,build now or face the building inspector come Jan. this is Gods country...........boat dr

take a look

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 10:41am
These are the pictures I was talking about.

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 2:55pm
doc, like your shots. Thanks for showing us your part of the world.

JIH, if the weather's decent, I'd like to drop my boat in at the 2 double oh four and shoot up to see you next sunday afternoon. I've got a buddy from Idaho coming to visit and he's got an 89 2001. We'd love to see the 68. Any chance you'll be around? We wouldn't stay long.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2006 at 2:39pm
Hey Dude, sounds cool but this is not a good weekend. I travel in my work and I am leaving to go to Calif for 3 weeks... the '68 is coming out of the water one day this week.... I won't be here. After I get back I go to New Orleans for 6 weeks. My son will be here looking after the homestead. I probably won't have the '68 back in the water until March.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic