Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70’s nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70’s nautique
    Posted: October-19-2006 at 9:10am
Thinking about buying this boat. I think it must be a 78 or later, but would welcome some expert input. Pictures are not much good and I don't know the boats well enough to pick up any tell tale age clues.

I think I can see the "moulded" rear deck which makes me think it's 78 or later.

I'm in the UK and looking at all the boats that are in the US makes me very envious! There aren't many cla$$ic fibre gla$$ boats over here. I've got a Winner Wildcat at the moment, which has been a great boat, I want something more suited to skiing now, but I want to keep a retro vibe to the procedings. Saw an early 2001 last summer that had "Ski Antique" graphics, that made me smile.

Brilliant site, BTW, am sure I'll be reading the floor and stringer replacement posts in detail before long!

AAAAgggghhhh can't resize the images now!
Easily Parted From Money
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2006 at 7:33pm
Tomski-

you may want to try using something like Photobucket.com it will automatically resize your pics. just copy and paste the url into your post. another advantage is you are able to post a larger pic.

BTW- Let me be the first to welcome you. This is a great place you have found. If expert input is what you are looking for you have come to the right place. I'm sure the guys here will be able to give you a lot of good advice.
Cape Cod CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cape Cod CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2006 at 10:13pm
Welcome Tomski,

Let’s have a look at that boat. I am sure we can give you plenty of information about it. So get that bloody picture resized and post it here.

I think we need to increase the CCF community in the UK. Nice to have you aboard...

Vince
Cape Cod
1980 SN

Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 4:28am
Thanks for the photobucket suggestion, here they are:

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/tomski_photo/

Chevy motor, no idea what the hours are.
Easily Parted From Money
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 6:05am
Welcome Tomski,

I had a 77 that had the same horizontal vent windows, so who knows it could be a 77 or a 78. The VIN number on the stern of the boat should answer your question about the year of the boat.

Try the "add hyperlink" button while posting a reply with a photo link like this:

Tomski Mystery Boat

So Long for now.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 8:31am
It's a 79 the earlier models have the speedo's mounted on a plate to the dash and on the 79 there isn't a plate and they are mounted directly to the dash.
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 9:06am
Thank you 79, I knew there would be something that would give it away to those in the know!

The guy selling it says it's mid 80's, but I knew it wasn't.

Just got to buy it now.
Easily Parted From Money
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 10:33am
an 80 or 81 would have the exact same hull and instrument panel but have different windshields. 82 and newer is a completely different hull and dash.
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 12:09pm
I have never seen a '79 with a hood scoop that was screwed on like this one appears to have. The '79 hood scoop was molded into the deck. The '78 and earlier had screw on hood scoops. I would think it is a '78.
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 12:13pm
Yeah, i'd worked out that the aft deck moulding and windscreen changed around77/78 and that the windscreen changed again 79/80 and that from 82 it would be a 2001 and it ain't one of those. Good to get the date pinned down a bit though.

Realistically the season is about over here so it will be next summer before it gets a run.

Right, I'm going home. It's 5:15 and it's friday so that's me done. Hoping to get out for a set behind (say it quietly) a frind's MC Maristar this sunday.
Easily Parted From Money
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 12:41pm
He said its 5:15...does that mean I can go home now. ("It's 5:00 somewhere")

(by the way...welcome aboard Tomski. Good luck with the purchase.)
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 1:16pm
79 is right about the speedos on a plexigla$$ plate, but my '78 has speedos in the dash. Previous owner mounted them before I picked it up. Could be either.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 4:44pm
Tom_ You can copy and paste the image like this...

Simply copy the img url from the photobucket site and past it into the post (if you still need help email me rwise@neo.rr.com, i'll see if I can put together some directions with screenshots)

Just trying to help so everyone can see...

Looks like a cool project boat!
convo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote convo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 10:00pm
Wow - from those photos how can you tell that the hood scoop is screwed on?? Am I looking at the same pictures?? That's incredible attention to detail. I guess my familiarity with the details of these boats is minimal at best.
convo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote convo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 10:11pm
Although it does appear to have similar lines to my 79 Tique. But has a double spotter seat so must be a Nautique. But my 79 has the speedo mounted on a black plexigla$$ plate above the dash. Was there a difference between Tiques and Nautiques in this detail?? It was noted that in 79 the speedo was moved into the dash.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 8:28am
on the tique it has a single mounted speedo on plexi-gla$$, the SN has it in the dash and dual speedo's
Bman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 11:36pm
its odd i only live 40 miles from this boat which is the same as mine, mines in a bit better shape tho, If your looking for a winter project my 79' may be up for sale,
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 9:33am
Bman,

I'm intrigued - tell me more!

The Winner is for sale, or at least it will be. COuldn't help myself on Saturday and ripped the floor out, I say floor, what I mean is the compost encased in fibregalss that pa$$ed for a floor. A lesson though as I found, as expected the foam totally waterlogged so I pulled all that out too and found that between the two port stringers it was totally soaked in petrol! must have been a couple of gallons in there.
Easily Parted From Money
Bman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 12:35pm
me and 2 m8s bought it last year but a dispute forces sale lol, How much u give for the other one in the end... Our has been on the water all summer.. only had a few probs. the floors pretty good as we replaced the carpet last year.
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2006 at 8:15am
Bman,

I haven't bought it yet. Can you give me a bit more info about yours?

A purchase is definitely on the cards, so if you are selling i'd be interested.

Tom
Easily Parted From Money
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic