Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

auto dolly for the trailer?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: auto dolly for the trailer?
    Posted: October-23-2006 at 5:13pm
Anyone ever use these things for your boat trailer? basically, you jack up the trailer, slide the cradles under the wheels and now you can slide the trailer around the garage. It's something I was thinking of doing for winter storage so I can angle my boat in the garage a little better. The dual axel trailer trying to jocky it around in the garage is a pain in the arse. I figured a set of these might help me get some more room in the garage.

thoughts?
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 6:00pm
Check the weight limits?
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 7:03pm
They are rated for 1500 each... looking at the manual, I should be ok with the weight
1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 7:17pm
They work great for moving cars around. Sounds like a good idea.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 7:22pm
I bought mine at Harbor Freight online. they were 39.00 a set on sale and are rated at 1500 lbs per wheel. They have worked flawlessly for 3 years now. It allows me to move the boat around after backing it into the center of the garage. I love them.
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2006 at 4:32pm
I use them to move my 64.5 (Ford) Mustang around the garage. I just ordered a set for the Ski Tique, although I am going to build a cradle out of non PT 4x4s with casters for the front. I just do not trust that little wheel on the tongue jack. Never have.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 12:52pm

I don't trust that little wheel in the front either. I have to push my trailer around to make it fit inside the garage as well. I found this high capacity wheel mounted to a caster at ACE Hardware for $30.00. I cut off the wheel on the jack and welded this in its place (take the tire off first). This makes pushing the trailer very easy.

1987 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2006 at 1:06pm
I guess you know you're a redneck when you just use a couple of floor jacks to do the same thing (my late father's preferred method) BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic