Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2000 sport nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Matt97sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 sport nautique
    Posted: April-28-2022 at 9:42pm
2000 sport nautique, can have it on the water and it runs good then after a short period of time it starts running rough. Only has about 800 Miles. It has the PCM 5.0HO engine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 10:18pm
First off, welcome. A bit more information would help the folks on this forum diagnose the problem. Are you sure that it has the 5.0 engine? The 5.8 engine is much more common than the 5.0 engine. Having said that, the 5.0 is certainly a possibility.  On the back of the engine, there is a metal tag with some numbers. Those numbers can help us determine exactly what engine you have.  Perhaps a picture?  

Well, it sounds like a fuel problem of some type. EFI or carb?  If EFI, have you changed the filter in the FCC or fuel control cell?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 10:25pm
Thanks, yeah I am new to here and I’m not sure how to post a pic.. I am sure it has the 5.0 as I wish it was the 5.8.. it runs really good then out of nowhere it just falls on its face and can hardly keep it running.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 10:53pm
Use the Post Reply at the top.  Not the Quick Reply box at the bottom.  The icon that looks like a green tree is the post a picture icon.  A pic of the engine ID tag would be nice.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 6:32am
The standard or base engine in a 2000 Sport Nautique was a 275 HP 5.0 Throttle Body Injected Chevy......but not very common

The tag that JQ mentions would probably say something like PLG-PRR-12E and have a serial number after that.

The "G" signifies a 5.0 Chevy, the E at the end is for Throttle Body Injection

Now as far as your problem.............more info about maintenance/tune up history and a better description of when it runs rough(some certain RPM or after some number of minutes), does it ever clear up etc , would be good  Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 9:12pm
I will have to get the engine tag but I know all the top covers say the 5.0 HO

Also the following parts have been replaced-
Distributor
Cap and rotor
New plugs
Starter
Thermostat
Water temp switch
Knock sensor
Battery terminals
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2022 at 7:50am
It's hard to find a manual with much if any info on that engine, but as a start, I'd probably put a fuel pressure gauge on it and check the pressure when it's running good and then check the pressure when it falls flat on it's face.

TBI 305 should be about 30 psi.

If you replaced the water temp switch and the knock sensor, I'd wonder why not the oil pressure switch also?

Whole distributor replaced?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic