Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just purchased ’91 sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leonsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just purchased ’91 sport
    Posted: October-25-2006 at 3:43pm
Hey guys:
I just purchased a '91 sport with approx 350 hrs. from a gentleman with help from adirondack marine. I went by pictures only & bought it on e-bay for 11,500 including the SN trailer. I'm driving 800 miles next week to pick it up. It's yellow with black(the yellow's faded, & i'm prepared for a paint job). Somebody PLEASE tell me I did the right thing!
Thanks, SJT
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 3:54pm
Welcome to CCFan. You came to the right place for help in getting that sport in shape. Don't a$$ume you are going to have to paint. I am in the middle of a restore that looked pretty bad when I got it & I am wetsanding & buffing mine back to a great shine. There are several post on here concerning that topic. I am sure you will love the boat when you get it. I drove from Atlanta to Virginia for one of mine & from Atlanta to Indy for the other. Both were ebay boats as well. Congrats on your new baby!
Greg

86 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 4:23pm
Im guessing this is your boat:

The gel can definitely be buffed out- you dont want to paint. Hopefully the interior is in good shape- thats a big $$$ item to replace. Hopefully its in exactly the condition you expect when you see it in person. Theres nothing worse than surprises!

I would follow M3Fan's checklist on purchasing an older CC, which can be found here: PN

If any aspect of the boat is not as described in the auction, I would push for a lower price.

That being said, Im sure Adirondack Marine will take care of you. My family has done business with them for many years and they are an excellent dealership.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 7:33pm
Ohhh, and if that boat doesnt suit your fancy, try this one while your are there.....nice colors :)

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2006 at 10:59pm
congrats! Make sure bearings on trailer wheels are ready for the trip!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 8:40am
Adirondack Marine is great. I bought a used Supra from them in 1996. I still call for help and advice and they are always accomodating. Really enjoy doing business with them. Tom and his son are great guys.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2006 at 8:42am
no paint
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2006 at 12:17am
buff.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic