Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

few pics, Just started WB this summer

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: few pics, Just started WB this summer
    Posted: October-30-2006 at 12:48am
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 12:50am
still trying
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 12:53am
86 SN Wake
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 12:54am
RootRacing
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 1:41am
Nice! I just taught a buddy to board this summer...was jumping the wakes the 3rd time out!

How bout those damn jet skis?!!!!!
mars
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 1:58am
Thanks, still trying to figure out what the average rope length should be and the speed. Been pullin around 18-20 MPH. Yea I ran those jetskiers off.   
RootRacing
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 8:36am
1. Great jumping
2. This is why we hate jet skis. Unbelievable. In that third shot it looks like he's headed right where you'll land. MORONS.
3. What are those knots doing in your line?

Good job and have fun!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 12:52pm
Thanks.     We were Motocrossers and just got into this WB stuff so it was a spare rope someone gave me. This was like the 2nd time out there. I now have a new one.
RootRacing
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 2:14pm
From looking at the 3rd pic I think you need o invest in a paintball gun to get rid of those jetskis!
mars
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 6:45pm
Looks like you got the pic posting down..nice shots..Is that a river and where is it?? I agree shot the jet skiers..
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 7:58pm
Its the intracoastal canal off the mississippi river west of Baton Rouge La. U have to make sure U dont fall cause there's lots of gators.
RootRacing
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 8:24pm
Those are pretty big wakes. I can't stand to hit a wake that is cresting over. Do the jet skiers run over you when you fall?
Tim D
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 9:28pm
..unfortunately most of the idiots on those jet skis have no idea what the "rules" of the water are. You would think that common sense would kick in, but it's like they left it in their cars or on the dock. I ride stand-up skis and keep my distance from boats/skiers and fisherman. It's just common courtesy and out of respect for their space, not to mention the safey issues.       
Heath
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 10:38pm
I see that 3rd pic is called "SN wake". What model Ski nautique is it.?
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

I see that 3rd pic is called "SN wake". What model Ski nautique is it.?
86 heres a pic
RootRacing
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 8:52am
Those 86, 87 2001's throw a nice wake.
Tim D
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 5:48pm
pretty boat! looks like you need a Skylon
mars
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by mars88 mars88 wrote:

pretty boat! looks like you need a Skylon
yea all I have now is a pylon. If I were to get one im thinking black. I just hate to put holes in the boat and not shure if I like the looks of them on this style sn. maby I havent seen the right one yet,
RootRacing
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 8:09pm
There are 4 or 5 2001's (a few with very similar colors) pictured here. I like the black tower color scheme for your boat:

2001 Tower Pix
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 8:16pm
    Looks to me from the height of the rope in a few of those pics he already has a skylon.Or were those taken behind a different boat?I think he's confused about a skylon not being a tower.BTW,nice looking boat Root.Welcome to the family.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Looks to me from the height of the rope in a few of those pics he already has a skylon.Or were those taken behind a different boat?I think he's confused about a skylon not being a tower.

you need to lay off what ever your smoke'n or drink'n cause a skylon is a f--king POLE with wires not even close to being a tower.

On the older boats a skylon/pole is better looking compared to a tower that doen't fit the boats lines or style. Most wouldn't notice the difference and if their skill level is to the point they can then it's time to move on to a different boat designed for wake boarding not someone that thinks the 2001 hull ('82-'89) is the best to have for boarding. Please get a life and some teeth.
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Looks to me from the height of the rope in a few of those pics he already has a skylon.Or were those taken behind a different boat?I think he's confused about a skylon not being a tower.

you need to lay off what ever your smoke'n or drink'n cause a skylon is a f--king POLE with wires not even close to being a tower.

On the older boats a skylon/pole is better looking compared to a tower that doen't fit the boats lines or style. Most wouldn't notice the difference and if their skill level is to the point they can then it's time to move on to a different boat designed for wake boarding not someone that thinks the 2001 hull ('82-'89) is the best to have for boarding. Please get a life and some teeth.
Yea whatever Chris, Im new to this boat and ski stuff. But I do agree with you that the pole or whatever its called looks ok and our skill level is not even close to notice any difference even with a new boat. 92 Thanks for the site with the towers, I do like the black. The noel pilgrams boat looks good with bimini top.
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 9:18pm
Hey Mike, thanks for the welcome and the nice lookin boat comment. Oh and by the way Chris here's a pic of the f--King POLE     
RootRacing
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Was 79's reply directed towards myself,or Root? Just curious.Didn't know if I was the one supposed to be laying off whatever I'm smoking or drinking

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 9:40pm
    Mike, you should of at least offered some.

Jeff...
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 11:30pm
FELLOW WAKEBOARDER WELCOME finally another one of my kind lol.now i have a bretheren!
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:01am
Mike, it was directed for me, for not knowing the correct names. I just laughed at it thinking it was an easy way to initiate a newby onboard.
RootRacing
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2006 at 12:52pm
Nice pics...rip it up and work on that toeside :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 2:26am
Root....stick with that wakeboarding. That's fantastic work and air that some of us never get to see!

The Intracoastal is a great place and it typically has several warm days even in January. By Spring you'll be a Pro.

Love that Miller beer can next to what looks like a Harley hat! South Louisiana is indeed paradise.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 7:34am
Hey Root,
Tell me more about them gators. Were you kid'in or are they really a concern? I was actually wondering if that was a gator suit that you're pictured getting in to!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic