NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 Ski Nautique 425hp?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 2:12pm
Chris I didnt claim to know how the supply chain works- Im not sure how thats relevant. The boats in question were of the 1985 vintage, before the 1.23:1 debuted in 1989.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 2:39pm
The supply chain works like this CC calls and says we need this these and that can you supply it, and they say we can do that for this amount of money and then CC say's ok or goes and finds another supplier, Big cruisers have always had right and and left hand motors on them so getting a 425hp BB in a reverse rotation configuration isn't a f**king issue dumb a$$.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 4:39pm
Im not arguing with you Chris. It simply appears that this "unofficial" 425 hp option came in the form of a LH package. Ive never seen one, so I cant say for sure- I just find it interesting.

Your explanation of the CC supply chain is terrific. Do you teach a Supply Chain Management course?
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 9:20pm
No the Previous Owner Probably had no clue but the CC Dealer who consigned it should have.There was speaker boards on either side of the hull that covered up the splits.Both sides had them running down them when I pulled the speaker boards out.Called the dealer and got no where with them.Sad as they are one of the largest volume CC dealers in the U.S. I am told.The stringers were perfect under all of that cracking.I have the floor up right now and am waiting to pour new foam.I am changing all the lines and hoses underneath just because.2 Batteries will be up front instead of 1 as well as a lot of other little additions.Hopefully my project will see the water by next summer.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 11:11pm

Some of us might want to sign up for that course.

What is the highest HP that ever came stock on a CC?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 11:15pm
Time to get back on your meds, Chris. You benn kinda mellow lately. You still down south?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 1:11am
WOW!!!! i never knew this was such an emotional topic for 79... note to self, dont bring anything of this nature up in another topic hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2006 at 8:55am
ultra don't forget to make an area for a cooler and/or some storage. sure would be nice to have a couple custom features to free up some space on an otherwise tight situation.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 3:18pm
79; glad to see you have come out of hibernation,most bears are angry and hungry after their nap.two valiums and a Whopper should put you in a better frame of mind.anyone that has been on this site long has seen both sides of 79 the good the bad and the ugly.............glad your back 79 where you been?????????
boat dr
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by NECC NECC wrote:

The 83 SN could be had with a 454 2 Bolt Mains 350hp or a unadvertised option of a 454 HO 4 Bolt Mains 425hp. The first engine was the most popular choice mainly because the additional cost of the HO model was about 3k over the 350 hp model

Maybe Craig from NECC can answer some 454 engine questions. He did install them in the 80's Nautiques. I'll see if I can get his response on the matter. This above quote was from a while ago.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

i guess your becoming the resident know it all that doesn't know d*ck about any thing, f**king punk a$$ kids these day's what the hell are you going to do to the motor to increase it from a 330hp to 425hp motor???? first thing I'm going to do is reverse the rotation?????? f**king idiot, bullsh*t jack a$$, you f**kin gind the cam differently, mill the heads, increase the compression douce bag you don't create a completely different line to run it down in the factory. Makes a whole lot a since to create new test stands and all the other bullsh*t for a hand full of motors.

Chris, how do you really feel about this matter? Are you really this emotional about boats and engines? Tim's a smart guy and he didn't get out of line with you. Deep down, Chris, I know you're probably a kind and sweet gentleman. Chris, you seem like a very smart guy, your delivery just sucks big time. No need to get out of sorts, my friend, we're all on the same team here. I will soften you up, Chris!

Ken
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 5:15pm
79 may have just had a little of the "white lightnin" before writing that one out.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 5:15pm
just normal tone of voice I prefer to use discriptive words for slower fokes that really don't know but tell everyone they do anyway. It's the built-in dump a$$ alert I have aquired over the years.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 5:35pm
Chris, I'm sure when we meet next summer, I'll have a better understanding. Everyone has their own style of communication. I know you're going to like Tim, TBenj. He'll be at GL next summer. I know he can speak for himself, but I couldn't sit back an see him get dumped on without expressing myself. Smile, Chris ....be happy!

Is there a Mrs. Broshar?

Ken
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 5:52pm
In contrast its more interesting to watch 79 break tree ornaments on CindyLou Who's head then offer to install her longblock. Observing a heart grow three sizes weekly is more entertaining.

Fah who foraze!
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2006 at 9:38pm
The PCM 454HO 425 HP engine was LH Rotation (Standard Rotation)

The PCM 454 350 HP engine was RH Rotation or (Reverse Rotation).

To my knowledge I dont know of the 454 LH 425 HP engine being offered in 1987.....At least I never saw one with that engine in 1987.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:15am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

slower fokes that really don't know but tell everyone they do anyway.

Chris, in light of the info that NECC provided, who would you say fits this description?
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:23am
Summit has this GM Goodwrench HO 454 crate that is very similar in description, for under $5500 i think.

Iron heads, rectangle ports, 425 HP at 5250 rpm, forged crank and pistons. Likely roller cam nowadays.

Good HP/$ ratio.

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:38am
TRB; i have a bird dog, very good bird dog,each time you let him out of the kennel he has to pee on every bush,tree and fence pole in the yard.I think he is marking his territory,that way he "thinks" he is the Alpha Male.Perhaps a traumatic event in early puppyhood,or some gene thing.Does this sound like someone we know,just let him pee.Advice is like farting,some just do it without being offensive,some do it to be heard......... boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:55am
Thanks for the input, Craig! Problem solved.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 11:52am
Actually I didn't give a sh*t which way it turned and couldn't understand why the kid was making an issue out of it and if your too slow to figure out when you chain is being yanked then you better be ready for the extra bullsh*t thrown on top after your roped in dump a$$.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 12:05pm
BS
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 12:51pm
Let's go to a Happy place!!!!!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 1:03pm
Hollywood,

Here's something to add to the marriage quote:

Old School

lower the volume if you're at work.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 6:31pm
ah the wedding crashers that was a funny movie.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Let's go to a Happy place!!!!!

Ken

For a minute there Ken,I was wondering how you snuck into my yard and snapped that picture.Then it dawned on me....That can't be my yard,I don't have a sprinkler

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2006 at 1:31pm
Yes, Mike, babe with the Coors Light....plus the 05 210, life is great! I was looking for you in the background of the above picture.

Ken
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 12:01am
Ken that's a really funny scene from one of the best all time movies. I'm just glad you didn't post the one of the midget on the trike with the Gene Simmons mask kissing Grandma.

...now you're probably going to, aren't you.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 12:07am
Dude: Don't encourage him, he has become the king of the picture posters.

Keep 'em coming Ken!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 12:44am
NICE JUGS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic