NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 Ski Nautique 425hp?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 87 Ski Nautique 425hp?
    Posted: November-02-2006 at 10:28pm
Someone claims, they have a 1987 Nautique, with a 454 with 425hp for sale. Was that motor an option?
Scott
Dominique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 11:28pm
In the factory manual for my 454{330hp} , they list a 425hp engine. Carb, heads and cam are some of the differences. Have not seen one personally.
Dominique "Nobody's Business"
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 12:21am
That one has been on Boattrader for a while.I e Mailed about pictures about a month ago with no response.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 12:41am
Hey Terry,

How's your restoration coming along? Anxious to see your pics. BKH
Livin' the Dream

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 1:01am
Slow is the word on the 87.Between Baby and Other toys I might find time this winter to finish.Just moved jobs to a Performance type shop.It will be OK to bring the boat in and work on it this winter so I may be the only guy in Wisconsin towing a Nautique in the Snow ! Here is a couple of floor shots before we tore it out.It was broken off of the hull all thru the center.You cannot see the repairs in the Bilge area so I will try to locate those pics as well.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 10:00am
Isn't the python 425 hp? Whoever it is is probably confused it with the 454.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 10:19am
Nope, no confusion. I personaly have footed behind 3 different 80's 2001's with the 425 HP engine, all reside on one lake, there are still 2 there.

It was an 'undocumented' option.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 10:44am
GottaSki, do those HO 454's swing LH props?

All the "standard" 330 horse 454's used RH, correct?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 11:29am
all CC's until late use RH props unless they have switched motors/tranies
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 11:45am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Not that I dont believe you Chris, but thats contrary to what Ive heard. Have you seen one of these 425 hp 454's in person?
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 12:21pm
I believe so, a factory original '85 I personally had a timing light on, so I was very aware of the direction of the front pully, CW when viewed from the front.

I suspect PCM said you can have the engine any rotation you want, as long as it STD.

Observed one in a stars and stripes Mstercraft powerslot, too.

The 2001 has better manners at 50 + mph, but can bite you.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Not that I dont believe you Chris, but thats contrary to what Ive heard. Have you seen one of these 425 hp 454's in person?

don't confuse engine rotation with prop rotation. when they went to the 1.23:1 tranny all of the engines also went to std rotation fron reverse rotation. But I'm sure you knew that already there didn't you slick.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 1:10pm

don't confuse engine rotation with prop rotation. when they went to the 1.23:1 tranny all of the engines also went to std rotation fron reverse rotation. But I'm sure you knew that already there didn't you slick.

Kinda hard to miss since I have a LH motor and RH prop, friend.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 1:11pm

But I'm sure you knew that already there didn't you slick.

That's Mr. Slick to you, Chris!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 1:30pm
Ultra, its looking good. Cant wait to see it finished at GL next year.

BTW, I kept looking at the floor seperation pics trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I put the last one right side up and now it makes a lot more sense.

Not a pretty sight. Water must have been running right down there, soaking the foam and the stringers. How bad did everything look when you took up the floor?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 1:48pm
Wow, that's a nasty crack. Did the prior owner warn you about the crack? I would imagine that the boat vibrated like crazy when you took it out.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

i guess your becoming the resident know it all that doesn't know d*ck about any thing, f**king punk a$$ kids these day's what the hell are you going to do to the motor to increase it from a 330hp to 425hp motor???? first thing I'm going to do is reverse the rotation?????? f**king idiot, bullsh*t jack a$$, you f**kin gind the cam differently, mill the heads, increase the compression douce bag you don't create a completely different line to run it down in the factory. Makes a whole lot a since to create new test stands and all the other bullsh*t for a hand full of motors.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 4:44pm
We have a winning post! That one from 79 has the most asterisks & dollar signs of any post around!!
Greg

86 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 6:26pm
I just change my signature and then he goes off in this thread, damn!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 6:27pm
kev you need to edit them and loose the brackets and word quote anyway

I just try and keep it fresh for you, kinda like you cann't do it missionary style all of the time with the ladies, you have to flip them over and spank that a$$ no and then.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 6:38pm
Ok I have to remember this thread to come back if I ever get a dry spell of bobchris.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:19pm

I just try and keep it fresh for you, kinda like you cann't do it missionary style all of the time with the ladies, you have to flip them over and spank that a$$ no and then.

Chris,

I am totally with you on that however for me it is flip my hand over so it feels like somebody else is doin it!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:31pm
Chris you need to get a babysitter once in awhile or find a clean whooore that's cheap.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:43pm
What about a dirty whooore that's expensive?

Oh wait, that is like a starter marriage.

Heck, I think I need one of those romance novels that comes in a brown wrapper?
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I just change my signature and then he goes off in this thread, damn!

Hollywood,

Perfect timing on the signature change
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:59pm
Hollywood,

I think my new signature, deserves a little air time.That's a good one!
Scott
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:59pm
Theres enuff stuff in this thread alone for everyone on CCF to get a "79" signiture tag line and a cheap clean whooore in change.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:27pm
Hell we all need a life it's friday night and we're typing away... at least Hollywood is out and about. Well hopefully.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 9:52pm

i guess your becoming the resident know it all that doesn't know d*ck about any thing

Is it weird that Im kind of proud to be on the receiving end of that spiel?

Chris, PCM didnt supply motors to Correct Craft exclusively. I know there are plenty of older MC's with LH PCM's. I wasnt implying that there was a "special" a$$embly line for the few 425 hp motors. It probably used existing HO automotive heads and cam- which may explain the standard rotation. The fact of the matter (at least from GottaSki's experience) is simply that those motors were LH rotation.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 12:37pm
And if they also used a 1.23:1 tranny? then a LH motor right? You realy don't know how the supplier chain works at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic