NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351 W won't run up after restart

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
brhillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brhillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2023 at 8:39pm
Another thought, it sounds like the electronic ignition is new as well. Have you thought about or tried putting the breaker points back in and seeing if that changes things? Which kit did you put in, or did I miss that in this thread?

Edit: rereading, maybe the ignition change was one of your tries at fixing the problem and happened after the problem already had started. In which case, disregard my comment entirely.
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2023 at 7:08am
Yes we replaced it with a new Pertronix ignition and epoxy coil. thanks 
Rich 28
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2023 at 7:11am
Just ordered gaskets and planning to check spacer and other surfaces for warping when apart. Thank you!   
Will post an update after install.
Rich 28
mosinee77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosinee77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2023 at 1:54pm
When you swapped the carb , did you verify that the carb linkage is the same and provides the same throw as the old carb? What I'm getting at is do the butterfles go to wide open with the throttle is wide open.

Also, check the torque on the carb flange bolts. Overtightening can cause some warpage and vacuum leaks that will make the engine run poorly. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2023 at 7:08am
I will boldly go out on a limb here and predict that Rich solved his problem with new gaskets above and below the spacer.............mostly because he told me that it was fixed after the gasket changes Wink

The spacer to manifold gasket was kinda ugly.

Any more details will have to come from him.
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 6:26pm
Well, here is good news. Removed carb and the riser under carb. Gasket between riser and manifold was broken and apparently leaking .Replaced both gaskets and all runs well. Still doesn't make complete sense to me but I like the end result. I would like to thank everyone who helped along the way to a solution... 

Rich 28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic