NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Part ID

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jmesser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmesser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Part ID
    Posted: September-24-2023 at 7:17pm
Hey guys, 2nd time posting, so if you see a similar post, apologies.  I need to figure out what part this is. I have a mid 90s GT40 351PCM that has been converted back to less electronics. This part has 3 prongs and oil started puking out of it and filled the bilge. Once I IDd the leak I tried to twist it out, but I am unsure if the black part is removed or the entire siler pierce with it. If someone knows what it is called it would be appreciated as I haven't found it yet. Also if you know how to remove it, please advise. I plan to replace or plug it. Thanks for any insight.
Johnnie Messer
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 7:56pm
You really have a converted ProTec engine not a converted gt40. An old thread of yours talks about this. Wink

That part is the oil pressure sensor that fed the Pro Tec system computer,.or was the low oil pressure safety switch for an electric fuel pump at one time in your mongrel engine (most likely a safety switch for an electric fuel pump since the one right next to it is the oil pressure switch for the computer).

Since you have just the engine and the ProTec stuff is gone, I'd imagine there were no wires hooked to it.

You put a wrench on the silver hex and unscrew the whole piece.

You could delete the switch right next to it also, just leaving you with the sending unit for the dash gauge

Then you go to the hardware store and get a 1/8 NPT pipe plug and screw it in and you'll be all set  Wink

There's a chance it might be a 1/4 NPT pipe plug so take the piece with you.
jmesser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmesser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2023 at 10:27am
Thanks Keno! The site went down and in my haste, I just went for it. I did eventually remove all the fittings and put just the oil pressure unit back in and all is good. She is running right again. So glad it was simple, but was scared when the oil waterfall started.
Johnnie Messer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic