NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 5:38pm
sorry wrong ket strokes.

this is BULLsh*t TO THE a**hole THAT CHANGED THIS BECUASE IT WASN"T THE REAL 79 PHUCKING JURK,
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 8:58pm
Hey, maybe we can take this thread headed in a different, reverse direction, but not meaning to go backwards and rehash. But I don't know of many older inboard mfrs., i.e., Chris Craft, Century, Hickins, Gar Wood, Lyman, name any, going WAY back before my time anyway, that didn't use reverse rotation with a righthand/starboard steer small runabout with a 1:1 gear. The exception being the Chris flywheel-forward engines, which were basically a SB Chevy mounted backwards in the boat, which accomplished the same objective of torque compensating for or not adding to, the drivers weight. If you look at any older boat and it's turning a RH prop, and spinning it thru a 1:1 gear, then it's typically a rev rot engine. Or it's leaning to starboard.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 10:08pm
Reid,

I think perhaps you meant Higgins, not Hickens. You can add to that list Philbrick, Crooks and Trojan. I'm sure I'll think of some others.

The Italian Rivas generally have the steering on the port side, though I'm not sure about engine rotation. Besotes out of Stockton, CA, and Dan Arena's Arenacraft boats also had port side steering.

Next time I go to a boat show, I'll have to ask about the engine rotations. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Hey, maybe we can take this thread headed in a different, reverse direction, but not meaning to go backwards and rehash. But I don't know of many older inboard mfrs., i.e., Chris Craft, Century, Hickins, Gar Wood, Lyman, name any, going WAY back before my time anyway, that didn't use reverse rotation with a righthand/starboard steer small runabout with a 1:1 gear. The exception being the Chris flywheel-forward engines, which were basically a SB Chevy mounted backwards in the boat, which accomplished the same objective of torque compensating for or not adding to, the drivers weight. If you look at any older boat and it's turning a RH prop, and spinning it thru a 1:1 gear, then it's typically a rev rot engine. Or it's leaning to starboard.

What Reid said... I've got a 62 "Higgins" (how did you know about them brian?) it has a "backward" rotating motor also ,but has a left-hand steer....heres a pic..

according to everything Ive ever heard about drive/engine torque theory, shouldnt my engine run "regular"?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 10:44pm
Hey Steve, is that your boat sitting right side up?
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:00pm
Chuck,
naw, that pic is over a year old... im still trying to get the thru-bottom hardware off... (dang 5200 caulk)..I do hope in a couple months to have it sunnyside up..

btw, I am building a "backwards" rotating 283 for her...should be interesting!?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:03pm
You guys got me reaching for the Beam again with this rotating talk. All I know is my prop goes round and round so I can ski.

79; you know I need the lessions. You seen whats under my motor box.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

You guys got me reaching for the Beam again with this rotating talk. All I know is my prop goes round and round so I can ski.

john

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:29pm
Wood; That boat looks cool no matter which side is up!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:43pm
all I got to say is I didn't post that last one credited to me, I was watching the colts game at hooters at that time, that's bullsh*t. especially after what I really posted. i have to check a few things but that isn't right.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:53pm
went and checked and that's really a bunch off bull sh*t never have had that happen, but It's not what I posted and I made a nice jesture with the last post I made before this night, and That's really got me pissed, because someone has edited or is using me ID, and that's f**king bullsh*t

YES PHUCKING BULLsh*t FOR WHO EVER THE a$$ HOLE THAT CHANGED IT IS

because that last post I made I asked for someone to send me a PM because I didn't have their info any more

PHUCKING d*ck

SORRY BUT I"M A LITTLE CHAFFED RIGHT NOW
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 8:41am
Chris, Put some powder on that chafing and lets get this thing heeled over.

Brian, I feel like such a "Hick". As to steer side and rotation, certainly many boats had left hand steer over the years including a handful of CC's, but I was just referring to the norm of so many RH steers typically using rev rot engines, but we already see exceptions with Steve's Higgins. Steve, I guess Higgins wanted that LH steer and more than likely tested the boat and got the best performance with the RR engine? Hickins??? I think maybe I accidentally crossed Higgins with Huckins. Yeah, that's it. These were two of the handful of companies that built PT boats for the Navy way back when, for those that didn't already know.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 9:14am
Would a CC Skylark be a LH steer, RH engine boat?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 9:48am
79, what happened, havin a hard time understanding, wanna talk about it? lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 9:56am
Chris,
   Bummer on someone posting with your id.... would changing your pa$$word help?

btw ...You still down south?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 10:05am
I once had a '64 (ish) Chris Craft woodie run-a-bout with a reverse rotation 350 Chevy (original engine was 327 changed out by PO). The boat was a hoot and I just loved that Chevey engine. I rebuilt the sucker as soon as I purchased the boat and then did my best to try and kill it, but never could. I sank the boat in my driveway three times over the years. After each sinking, I simply drained the oil, removed the spark plugs, put in new oil, turned her over, reinstalled the plugs and she fired right up and ran perfectly until I day I sold her.

The thing I liked about the Chevy RR engine was the use of gears to turn the camshaft, oil pump and thus distributor in a normal rotation manner. So, the only things turning RR are the crank and pistons. Made parts purchasing simple. Firing order was simply exchanging position of the #1 and #8 plug wires in the cap.

I hope this tread keeps heading in a new direction (thread hijacked on purpose).
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 10:10am
Da' Bears

Ditka

Sausage

Beer
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 10:20am
Ya try and be a nice guy offer and olive branch and then someone goes and screws it up, changed the PW, oh well their lose I guess.

Da' Bears   NOOOOO the COLTS RULE THE NFL.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 2:49pm
Chris, Da Bears spanked little brother last night and they'll take care of Payton when it's time

Actually I could care less since I'm a Pats fan and it's getting a little more painful each week.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 2:57pm
Allen Da bears will never advance far enough to meet the COLTS.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Allen Da bears will never advance far enough to meet the COLTS.

Ya, if the Colts make it through the first round Chris... The Bears could have the Div in the bag as early as two weekend if they beat the Jets and the Pats and the Packers and Vikes lose.. They'll have a "by" round in the playoffs and be poised to take up on Peyton... That is if Indy doesn't choke like the last few years...Never say never...

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 4:53pm
I'm with Mojo.

Colts just may blow it in the playoffs like before.

also, I believe it is Peyton not Da Bears' Payton (Walter).
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

I'm with Mojo.

Colts just may blow it in the playoffs like before.

Yeah Peyton right !!!! Colts "cough" "cough"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

alright now, you are correct but I can't believe MY spelling was just corrected after reading the prior 3 pages. Yikes
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 5:49pm
Here's one of those funky flywheel forward setups.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 5:54pm
Man that's an old motor even has a generator and not an alternator, what year is that thing?
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 6:32pm
I don't remember, the boat was for sale on ebay a while back. I saved the pic, thought it would be a good conversation piece. I actually laughed when I saw the setup.
Tim D
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Chris, Da Bears spanked little brother last night and they'll take care of Payton when it's time

Actually I could care less since I'm a Pats fan and it's getting a little more painful each week.

C'mon 81,it aint that bad.The game against the Colts was a joke.The game against the Broncos was also a joke.A loss is a loss,but they are at least proving that they are THE BEST team in the NFL,and the only team that can beat them is themselves

The Colts and Broncos couldn't have done it alone,The Bears?......I guess we'll see!

Sorry 79,at least your high price kicker shanked his only 2 field goals of the year at Foxboro      

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 8:16pm
He may have missed a couple but when he needed to make it it was right down the middle, The colts have a better chance this year going undefeated and winng the Supper bowl than they did last year, They haven't done it pretty but bottom line is they have won and that's all that matters. So sorry to see all of your teams taking a couple of losses but it's not going to happen to the colts this year.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Sorry 79,at least your high price kicker shanked his only 2 field goals of the year at Foxboro      

Mike

That was priceless wasn't it, that crowd went crazy..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic