Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Guild Pole Covers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Guild Pole Covers
    Posted: April-05-2024 at 9:19am

I have owned my Nautique for 14 years now. When I brought the boat home back then, it came with the original pole guide covers.  And they have seen better days before I came along. So eventually, I took them off and bought the black ones at the online store here. Put the originals on the shelf in the garage. But I wanted to remake them someday.

A couple of years ago where I work, they put in a shirt print shop that did screen printing. Had my daughter remake the graphic lettering this past fall during my recovery of my knee operation. After returning back to work in October and starting to breath some in getting caught up with all the BS that was happening while on leave, I made it over to talk to the lady in charge of the shop that week.

Bought everything in for her to do the job and she had them done that afternoon! What an impression she made and a fabulous job she did! Very pleased how they came out! Waiting for my daughter to finish sewing them up and get them on the trailer…..

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2024 at 12:23pm
Nice work!  Hope the knee is healing well.
Mine looked brand new 10 years ago but after sitting outside all summer the past 10 years they are looking faced now.  I may upgrade soon.
Mark
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2024 at 9:54am

Had time this past weekend to work on the boat to get ready for summer. Still being protected of my knee that was operated on last August so it was slow going inside when changing out the impeller and an oil change, etc.  My daughter was able to finish sewing up the guild covers earlier last week and I was able to get them on the trailer yesterday. They turn out great!

Guild-covers-on

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2024 at 3:52pm
Those look fantastic!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2024 at 9:45am
Everything boat related in that photo looks fantastic!  Very clean stuff.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2024 at 2:04pm

My best friend who I grew up with calls my boat “perfect.” I would rather call it my “Z.”  I had a ’69 Z-28 back when I was in my early twenties. It was not my daily driving vehicle. Usually sat parked in the driveway. It was stolen one night when I was out on a date.  Long story short, it was meant to happen. I know I’ll never get another car like that Camaro. For me, a boat is the way to go to control your expenses. I know I sunk a lot of money and labor into that car versus this Nautique.

Daveinater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveinater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2024 at 11:21am

Looks amazing!  I have a 1992 teal/yellow sport nautique that needs new pads.  These would look great (jealous).

Two questions:  I've owned my boat for about 20 years now and it also looks really nice (it's been babied).  When I bought it, someone had put some "caps" on top of the trailer guides to keep the pads from floating up.  I assume the stock setup allows the guides to float up the poles as you back the trailer into the water and then slide back down when you pull it out?  My boat sits on the stock CC single-axle trailer and fits snugly in between the trailer guides.  Not sure if they would naturally "float back down" as the trailer is pulled out of the water. 

Just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work.  I've always had the caps on the poles and it's time to replace the pads/covers so I'm going to have to take the caps off and go back to "stock".

Also, I see pads are now available in 36 and 48 inch lengths.  My boat is a couple of hours away.  Safe to assume the 48" length is standard for these CC trailers?

Beautiful boat and your daughter did a great job!
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2024 at 2:49pm

My originals were 36 inches long. The new ones I made are 48 inches. Plus, the originals are only 3.5 inches in diameter and that is the size I made them, not the 4-inch diameter as your black ones are I believe. My guild poles do not have a cap on top for there’s no need for them because there is a drain hole at the bottom where it bolts to the trailer frame.  And I like the poles that are close to the boat. Helps in loading the boat up. I also made some pads for the fenders to keep from getting the gelcoat stretch up on those cross windy days. Made mine from the extra carpet that was left over from doing the boat and trailer and used treated plywood. And yes, they will move up and down when pull off and load your boat into the water. Not much can be done to that unless something is designed to keep that from happening, They will rotate around when loading the boat back on the trailer so don’t think about attaching them some way to the poles.

I’m willing to share the artwork of the lettering to anybody who would like a copy.  Just remember it is set up for a 3.5 inch diameter but you can adjust it if needed. Just PM me and I’ll send a copy.

Daveinater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveinater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2024 at 3:00pm
Thanks! I just redid the attachment hardware for the poles. Don’t recall there being a drain hole. Any chance you can take a pic of location and size?

Just to confirm….your new pads are 3 1/2” diameter with the cover on? Your old ones were the same or were they 4”? And with the drain holes they don’t rise up when in the water or they do?

Thanks!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2024 at 8:47pm
Paul

Just make Dave a pair just like yours and I'm sure he'd pay $50 for the pair..  Maybe $60 since it's Special Made...

Give your daughter half the $...
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic