NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery recommendation
    Posted: April-09-2024 at 10:45pm
I have a battery box that falls approximately in the Group 35 size, but not quite that tall. I can go a bit taller than my box (7.5"), as I can shim up the cover. Obviously, 9.5" L x 7" W are not negotiable. Any recs on a good batt in this size? No big speakers or amps. 

Thanks,

Ultra.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2024 at 2:36am
I just run down to the local SAMS club and buy my batteries.  They are all dated so buy one that is fresh.   Take your tape measure with you and you can measure the available sizes to see if there is a better fit for your boat.   In boats where the battery gets pounded frequently I have found the batteries with less amps live longer.  So instead of buying the 900 AMP battery I will settle for the 650 AMP.  The plates inside are not as big so not so close together, they seem to survive a little longer without shorting out in boat service.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2024 at 7:47am
Somewhere in the chart in the link below you'll probably find something that will fit  Wink

link
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2024 at 11:19am
All back together, but still fighting the starting issue? WTF! I was fairly certain that bypassing the relay via the alligator clips, to get the starter going, isolated this issue to that solenoid relay? Hmmm...maybe not....had battery on charger all night, and I do have 12 volts, and everything powers on. I double checked the NSS, and while I do need a new connector, it is snug. Thoughts? Ignition sw at the dash?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2024 at 11:48am
12.0V is a dead battery. Need 12.5V or darn close.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2024 at 8:36am
New battery is easy and you were asking about size so I assume you figure you need one. Might as well start there. Or a super simple way to prove that out is to jump your current battery to your car and see if that solves it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic