Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Green Lake Reunion Q4

Post Reply Post Reply   
Poll Question: What about Sat Night Dinner ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [73.33%]
4 [26.67%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 Green Lake Reunion Q4
    Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:36am
Post comments here
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 2:22am
It would be great to get everyone together for dinner, bringing own sounds good but just showing up for dinner sounds better. Cater, sandwiches, pizza, all meet at a local establishment for dinner?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 6:51am
Chris, I like having food for everyone instead of individual cooking, you know how beat everyone was when we got off the water last year, prepared food would definately be better.

The issue is whether we can raise enough money to cover food whatever we decide to do.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:14pm
Quinner is itchin for some (pink) taco or arby's roast beef.

In all seriousness, prepared food is the way to go after a day of boating, loungin in the water/sun, and sippin beeeers. Maybe hire a person to grill a small variety, burgers, sausage, brats, dogs, chicken. eh?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 10:31am
Did everyone actually enjoy the pig roast, or just the idea of the prepared food?? I personally thought the pork was fantastic !!!

Moj
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 10:47am
I thought it was really, really good pork. I thought it was a little awkward trying to figure out how much to take (wouldn't want to leave anyone empty-handed). Again, I'd rather have everyone on their own for food. Since we're talking about a boat "rally" here, I think time and energy would be best spent on contests, raffles, flyers, t-shirts, hats, etc. rather than food, plates, napkins, people to serve it, soda, garbage, fold-up tables, etc. It seems like it could turn into even more of a production with more peeps. I'm sure this will come off sounding negative, but I'm just offering another opinion here.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 11:08am
I really liked the pork, and I was also worried about taking too much. I like having the food catered or whatever, because then there is a specific time to show up and you don't have to worry about preparing your own food. That might just be me being a slacker though.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 11:14am
Coming in from out of state, it was great for me to have a prepared meal. Could be part of the group without imposing. Otherwise, we probably would have been at dinner by ourselves somewhere, which we could do back home anytime. However, I realize it's a lot of extra work. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 11:34am
Cater and charge for the food! ...Hog roast, BBQ, etc...

Im with Brian...Most of us came a long distance and would have problems keeping meat cold. Plus the timing of everyone trying to grill at the same time..

We all have to eat,If we dont do anything as a group , we will be eating at restaurant, where we also have to pay for it and would be eating in "shifts"...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 11:39am
Actually, and by chance the food became the easy part of the event to plan.. It was the rest of the coordinating Alan pulled his hair over..

We would certainly make sure that no one feels that there wouldn't be enough food to go around.. Good point thank you, and sorry for making anyone uneasy about this..

Moj'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 12:00pm
I vote for catering with scantily clad hottie servers who can give away t-shirts, preferably right off thier own backs.

If that doesn't fly, Is beer food? If yes, I can cater the party.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 12:39pm
I thought you guys would follow my sons lead and build 4-5 sandwiches at a time. Man that kid ate a lot of pork.

Seriously though, we thought of serving but with the smaller turnout we saw there would be plenty of food so we let everyone take care of themselves. Very good point though and something to consider this year, thank you.

62, catering is something worth investigating. We hadn't planned for food last year, the roast was a last minute idea that worked out pretty good but I'm sure we can improve. I do believe we need prepared food no matter how we come by it.

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2006 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Cater and charge for the food! ...Hog roast, BBQ, etc...

Im with Brian...Most of us came a long distance and would have problems keeping meat cold. Plus the timing of everyone trying to grill at the same time..

I agree. Hard to keep burgers cold for 24 hours or so. And personally, I don't want to spend all day on the water, and then have to worry about cooking.   First, you'd have to go back to your hotel/campsite and get the food, then back to the park to prepare it. I'd be willing to kick in a little extra to cover food. Plus, how can you go a year without having the pigroaster (Elmer?) say all he needs is a fu*%in beer, as he did last year. That's our kind of guy!

Rob
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 11:15am
Oink oink.... I can just taste elmer's smoked swine now.... Man summer is going to be long....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Oink oink.... I can just taste elmer's smoked swine now.... Man summer is going to be long....

Yeah, Elmer and Hooch, Cla$$ic Wisconsin complete with their Road Kill Cafe tee shirts.

Only in America baby, Ya hey der,Life is good eh?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic