Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Green Lake Reunion Q6

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Poll Question: What is the feeling on the Boat Show?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 Green Lake Reunion Q6
    Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:43am
Make comments here
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 7:24am
It was cool at the NE '06 reunion to be able to see everyone's boats on the trailers. Maybe there would be time for this early in the weekend?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 9:19am
That's all cool and everything if you own a trailer queen or want to go to the Factories events. You want to see them on the trailer then hang out at the boat ramp and watch them being unload, parking lot events suck, you want to see a bunch on trailers then go to the boat shows. Not for me I would rather be in the water drinking beer and running the boat.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 9:21am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

You want to see them on the trailer then hang out at the boat ramp and watch them being unload

Ha, ha. How about an option here for "both".
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 9:25am
They would have to use another location besides the park it was fine to park the boats there the first evening but the second day Barney was looking for Dave and we had to move the boats.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 9:26am
Last year Friday afternoon we all parked on the lawn in the park before putting in that evening, maybe that could the "Trailer Queen" Event.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 9:27am
Tim,
We did have a gathering that launched the event this year with boats on trailers. We'll do this again for sure on Friday night, but only if we change venues.. The Law was chasing me all weekend for vehicles in the park hahaha...

Moj'
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 10:00am
I dont own a trailer queen, thats for sure! I certainly dont want a parking-lot-only event, Id be itching to get them wet too.

It was pretty cool to have all the boats lined for a few hrs at NECC this year. Sounds like you did something similar on Fri at GL.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 10:21am
I think we're going to have to get Tim's 90 lined up with 79's 79 in the water...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 11:07am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I dont own a trailer queen, thats for sure! I certainly dont want a parking-lot-only event, Id be itching to get them wet too.

It was pretty cool to have all the boats lined for a few hrs at NECC this year. Sounds like you did something similar on Fri at GL.

Well, we set up a representative from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's just for a cool meet and greet Fri evening. It was great !!, What a perfect night..

Trying to set up what was supposed to be 30 plus boats in one area would take up to much time, so the plan was that everyone would hit the sand bar the next day (and we all did) !! There's where we checked out everyones boats, cooled off, let the kids swim and drank just a few beers.. The formula was perfect in my eyes.. and by the way the votes have come in, I'm seconded many times over..
Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 11:44am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I think we're going to have to get Tim's 90 lined up with 79's 79 in the water...

with my new heads and exhaust I wouldn't even waiste my gas lining up, He can try and pa$$ me and see how long that doesn't last. Hell I'll even but new plugs in and adjust the timing curve. Ran old plugs and too much advance last year, didn't even have it out long enough to install the curve kit I bought for it or the steering wheel.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 11:55am
LOL! Youve got a little more motor and a little less boat in the water, so Im sure you'll pull away on the top end. Maybe if I get those Hi-Teks...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:02pm

LOL! Youve got a little more motor and a little less boat in the water, so Im sure you'll pull away on the top end. Maybe if I get those Hi-Teks...

you won't even be able to keep up out of the hole either, hell I'll even use the 14x14 prop instead of the 470 then again why switch it comes out of the hole just as good using either so it won't really make a difference.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:09pm
Or maybe we'll just cruise over to the sand bar, listen to music around Got Wake's boat and drink ice cold beers !!! ahhhh..
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:13pm

you won't even be able to keep up out of the hole either, hell I'll even use the 14x14 prop instead of the 470 then again why switch it comes out of the hole just as good using either so it won't really make a difference.

You may be right- but Im not afraid to line up and let you prove it.

Its a good thing theres not much debate on this poll question... getting just a little OT here!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:31pm

with my new heads and exhaust I wouldn't even waiste my gas lining up, He can try and pa$$ me and see how long that doesn't last. Hell I'll even but new plugs in and adjust the timing curve. Ran old plugs and too much advance last year, didn't even have it out long enough to install the curve kit I bought for it or the steering wheel.

I think Quinners boat could have taken you if he wasn't running those windsocks...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:36pm
Brian was starting to worry me when we where out cruising with gary on friday afternoon. That corvette boat was a rocket thou, think it is a little smaller hull than mine and a better motor.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Tim,
We did have a gathering that launched the event this year with boats on trailers. We'll do this again for sure on Friday night, but only if we change venues.. The Law was chasing me all weekend for vehicles in the park hahaha...

Moj'

We'll work the Friday night thing out Mojo, . By the way, Stang tried to smooth things over for you but Barnie had no sense of humor, Maybe he owes a mastercraft or something. He sure was a pain in the a$$, just about crapped his pants when we pulled the Queen Mary (220)up on the gra$$.

Don't worry, no matter what happens we'll bail you out by sunday evening.... if we have any money left, otherwise we'll write weekly.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 12:57pm

Brian was starting to worry me when we where out cruising with gary on friday afternoon. That corvette boat was a rocket thou, think it is a little smaller hull than mine and a better motor.

The Corvette boat was based on a Response (98-02) hull, so it would have been 19 or 20'. Malibu gets a lot of hull out of the water though, so their boats are generally pretty fast. Of course the 383 Callaway motor helps. There's one on my lake and its fast (and loud) but the thing has had a lot of engine troubles.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:02pm
Tim- that would be the non-diamond response hull, used until late 1998. The late 98-present response/RLX hull is the diamond hull. Talk about OT :) Malibu uses strakes to compensate for hull R & D IMO.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:16pm
I'll open a beer and follow the drag racers.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I think Quinners boat could have taken you if he wasn't running those windsocks...

Alan, I didn't want to rub it in on 79 but since you started it, what was really killing my top end was our coolers and Brownie, next year 79 you get Brownie, I will keep the coolers.

Next year we really need to get as many together as possible and just parade that whole lake, that would be awesome and hopefully 79 wouldn't fall too far behind!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:24pm

Tim- that would be the non-diamond response hull, used until late 1998. The late 98-present response/RLX hull is the diamond hull. Talk about OT :) Malibu uses strakes to compensate for hull R & D IMO.

Oops- I knew they made some Corvettes in '98. I didnt realize it was a split year for the Response.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Next year we really need to get as many together as possible and just parade that whole lake, that would be awesome

I couldn't agree more. Everyone was wowed by all the Nautiques on the sandbar, so think how they would be lined up and runnin' hard!

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 1:57pm
Chris once I get the new heads bolted on and the ignition dialed in I might just take brownie and the cooler to give you a chance.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 2:14pm
Chris, how bad did you beat Quinner this year?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 2:16pm
Chris,

Your on, all I will have to do is slow down everytime I need another beer!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 2:32pm
I'll just toss it in the air and buy the time it comes down your boat should be under it by then, no need to slow down if we don't have to.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Next year we really need to get as many together as possible and just parade that whole lake, that would be awesome

I couldn't agree more. Everyone was wowed by all the Nautiques on the sandbar, so think how they would be lined up and runnin' hard!

Rob

Maybe we will have everyone line up in the marina and head out earlier than this year.. The sand bar packs up if you don't get there early on a hot day..

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2006 at 2:49pm
Dave we'll need a few more to get there earlier than they did last year, even the guys that made it Friday night where wondering around on the lake looking for each other. It might help if we can secure an aera at the sand bar, set up a corse and maybe rope off an area if possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic