NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your first Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 11>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 8:39pm
Nice boat. I bet they didn't make many of those. Late 50's and plank construction?
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 11:02am
My first inboard
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 1:00pm
Steve,

That's a beauty. What make, model, year?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 2:31pm
Reid and Steve: those are awesome. Reid: can you believe you let it go? I hate it that I've sold some of the things I have. More info Steve! Thanks for contributing guys...

bk: this has been a really great thread.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 2:50pm
reid..thats nice, it looks like a 57-chevy was there tail lights in those fins?

Behl..is that a century or chris craft?
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 6:56pm
Wow Reid and Behl! Nice boats. What a thrill to have such cool boats as your FIRST boat.

My first boat (Jan. 2006)....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 8:09pm
Nice JMurph.

Keep em coming. I'd like to see DavidF's Chris Craft, and some of JBears old boats.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 9:20pm
BKH

I really did not know the exact year. My neighbor was a Chris Craft dealer and the boat was one he had in a barn on his farm. He wanted it out so he gave me the boat for it was not sellable. It had a 4-Cyl flat head Grey Marine engine.

He said the Chris Ctaft was a late 40 or early 50 unit. I got the boat around 1962.

It needed to be redone inside and out. It had been in the feedlot barn for several years.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 9:50pm
Gotta love that Steve - Free boat. I'm sure it was lots of work. But looking at the boat, and seeing you ski behind it, who would have thought it was a free boat. I grew up with a 58 Trojan, pictured in the fist post of this thread. I'd gladly trade my current boat if I could have that one back in working order. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 11:27pm
BKH

Same here. Makes one wonder what ever became of those old boats. Hope not fire wood!
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 7:39am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

TRB, let's see some pics of your family's boats, since you've had like 40 CCs!

OK, I finally had the chance to go through the old photos this weekend. Spent an hr scanning 65 pictures at Walmart... the people behind me did not look happy.

My familys first inboard was the first of many Correct Crafts: this Mustang was bought new by my grandfather in 1968. I learned to kneeboard and surfboard behind this boat. Of course, I drove it often.

My grandfather also bought the next boat, an '88 Ski Nautique, which was shared by all 4 families on my dad's side of the family. This is the boat I learned to ski behind.

A few year's later, each of the 4 families started buying their own boats. In the fall of '92 my dad bought this cherry promo boat. I helped to put a lot of hrs on this boat, including learning to wakeboard and barefoot (Im the second one from the left). After 10 years, we sold the '92 to a friend, so we still see it regularly.

This is my dad's current '03.

These are my Uncle Todd's boats. I couldnt find pics of his '97 or '04.

'90 Ski Nautique

'95 Ski Nautique and '71 Skier

Here is the first boat that was generally considered "mine." I put a ton of hrs bombing around the lake in this 12' Mirrocraft with a 9.9 Johnson. It was, and still is, a real chick magnet. My Uncle Bob's '93 Ski Nautique is also pictured.

And of course, the first boat with my name on the title:

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 8:44am
Outstanding
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 8:51am
Great pics! And, what a great way for your family to stay together through the years. What lake?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 9:16am
Chuck, both my parents families grew up on Tyler Lake in Goshen, CT. It was fun going through all the old pictures- lots of good memories.

Thought you would enjoy that Joel. I forgot to mention that the '88 is now owned by my cousin, and the '68 is still on the lake too- maybe Ill buy it back someday. Id also love to have the pea green Skier pictured above. Its in amazing shape, and Id be very surprised if it has 500 hrs on it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 9:17am
Nice pics Tim. I think you've put up more historical pics of CCs than CC has on their own website. BKH
Livin' the Dream

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 9:49am
Wow......what an awesome way to grow up, surrounded by all those CCs. Thanks for taking the time to find and scan all of those.

Rob
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 10:28am
Great pictures, Tim. I love the bright red '92 Nautique. Looks just like yours. When was the '88 Nautique sold? What were some of the benefits you noticed between the '88 and '92?

Someday, your kids will grow up around Correct Crafts!

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 10:46am
Thanks, guys. Ken, when I was looking for my boat I was only considering '90-93 in red/black (like our '92) or cranberry/charcoal (like my uncles '90). When we park the '90 and '92 together now, you gotta look closely to tell them apart.

We sold the '88 to my cousin in late '93 or '94, I believe. The biggest difference between those 2 hulls is the slalom wake- they made some nice improvements on the newer hull. Tracking and spray are also a little better. Its incredible how theyve continued to improve- the wake behind the '03 is amazing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 10:55am
I don't know what else CC can do to improve the already refined wakes. It's amazing to think that when you think the best ski boat was produced, something comes out later and is better. Where does it stop, no wakes?

Ken
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 11:46am
Great pics, TRB. Those late 60's Mustangs are the best looking inboards ever made.
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 12:01pm
TRBenj,

Thanks for taking the time to put your picture essay together for all of us to enjoy. One of the best posts on the site. Makes me want to go buy some lake front property and ski right now !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 12:10pm
Tim,

I know your Mom is an excellent skier. Got any pics of her tearing up the water?

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 1:23pm
Todd, glad you enjoyed. I am very lucky to have grown up on the lake, just like my parents did. The cottages have been in my family for generations.

Ken, I know Ive got some pics of my parents tearing it up, but they may be on their home computer. My dad is the barefooter on the left above. Pic was taken ~1995.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 6:50pm
Ken, I found some pics of my parents from 2-3 years ago. My dad tends to lurk so I'll post the better ones.

Mom:

Dad:

And a few recent shots of '90 & '03:

When I first brought the '90 home, Thanksgiving '05:

This past September:

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 7:41pm
I can't say enough how much I enjoy seeing all the pics of these old (and new) Correct Crafts. Especially when they are being used and enjoyed by our families. I have always loved CC's, and am so thankful I found a whole site of people that share the same pa$$ion. Keep those pics coming!

Rob
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 7:47pm
I neglegted to put this one on with my original post. Technically, this is my first boat, since before I had jet skis, and the rest were my dads.

Rob
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 9:03pm
TRB, the pic of the two boats on the lifts together made my day. Awesome.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 8:28am
Very nice pics, Tim. Your parents look very comfortable on a slalom ski. Is that the lake in CT? That water is like gla$$!

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 9:42am
Yup, all the pics above were taken at Tyler. Its not as protected as Lost Lake, but you can usually find some decent water in the morning or evening. It was a great place to spend summers growing up.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 10:02am
Is that a private lake, Tim? Looks like it would be perfect because of less boat traffic. Nice green lawn, BTW.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic