NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ryan S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Cover
    Posted: November-13-2006 at 6:15pm
I'm ordering a new boat cover for my 1997 Ski Nautique and am considering one with a bow cutout around the crash pads. I would like the convenience, but wonder if it would sacrifice the tightness of the fit or effect trailering at all. Mostly, I want a snug fit. Has anybody had any experience, good or bad with a bow cutout? Also, any thoughts on "Overtons" Sharkskin vs Sunbrella? My boat is already covered under a tent, so I may not need the Sunbrella, but don't want to buy a lousy cover just because it's cheaper. Thanks for your opinions. -Ryan
Ryan
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 6:55pm
I bought a sharkskin one from overton's and I'm pretty happy with it for the price I paid.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2006 at 8:35am
I know that Sunbrella is supposed to be the best material for covers- mostly due to how well they breath. Sunbrella is also very durable.

Im not sure what kind of cover you are ordering, but I have not heard of any non-custom covers that will stay tight and not chaffe the gelcoat while trailering, except for one brand- Rankin.

If you are interested, I am conducting a group buy on them right now. More info can be found here.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2006 at 9:00am
Ryan-

From what I've heard, go with the Sunbrella at all costs.

Because of the group buy that Tim just mentioned, I have a nice custom black Sunbrella cover from my 00 SN with crash pad cutouts which I will not be needing now that I have my Rankin cover. It's a few years old, but I could give you a great deal on it. Contact me at jdhughe AT hotmail.com if you are interested. The cutouts for the crash pads don't really affect the fit. What annoys me about this cover is having to screw around with support poles in the middle of the boat and strapping it down well to the trailer. Both problems are eliminated with the Rankin.

If you can afford it, I'd go with the Rankin. The crash pads will be in the way, but I figure I can just remove mine to put the cover on and then put the pads back in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic