NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Q and A

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 11:07am
I give, ive spent 2 fricken days on a bad condensor or 2 days on a bad tach feeding back into the coil
electrical is not one of my strong suits
"the things you own will start to own you"
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:04pm
missing a piston?

definitely taking some odd guesses here
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:15pm
Tachometer causing issues with engine?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:16pm
Ran a compression test on all cyl. #1 thru #7 all 175 lbs. # 8 hardest one to get to,ZERO let me repeat 0000000.what was wrong with this picture????? removed the head,no rod no rings no piston,good reason to be down on power,and that explains the Funny idle...............boat dr

Q C guy had a bad night i guess
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:18pm
Must be the advance. Missing the vaccuum hose if it is a vac advance, missing the weights if mechanical?

EDIT - Posted too late. I figured since the engine was tested prior to ship it wouldn't be something like a piston.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:22pm
Kurt, you were basically right. Nice job!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 12:24pm
PLBC, you win the door prize,that one cost me in frustration and time.Send me your cell # and will call you on the next " problem child " that rolls down the drive.......

move to the front of the line Kurt F
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:21pm
How was there any oil presure without a rod holding in the oil?

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:32pm
Wouldn't it be pushing oil out the exhaust valve.

Sounds like a tall tale there Doc, I'm not a believer yet. How the heck does that get test run and pa$$.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 11:25pm
P/allen was holding good oil pressure,low press.buzzer was not on at idle either. oil flow to the rod is the last place it goes.

81,that statement to me dont make sense,no piston,no suck,no piston no blow.
what would push the oil out the valve.splash would be an issue but there was no oil slick in the water,nor in the y pipe while doing the repower.
how did it pa$$ the test run,ask Stillwater,they did not ask for the core all they wanted was the shipping container..........go figure........boat dr
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 11:31pm
Doc,

It wasn't a statement it was a question, guess the whole thing just sounds a little hard to believe but I'm not calling you a liar.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 11:32pm
Once had an asphalt paver that had a 4 cyl continental. It was running bad and couldnt figure it out we were doing tests and had the distributor cap off and it ran on 2 cylinders we also ran it on 2 cylinders with the cap on and the rotor out . Couldnt figure out why . Any suggestions?

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic