Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where the heck is Buena Vista Florida?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where the heck is Buena Vista Florida?
    Posted: November-17-2006 at 12:06am
Hey all,

I will be in Orlando for the International Builder's Show Feb 6 - 9, staying somewhere called the Buena Vista Palace. Other than the Convention Center 8 miles away, where I must go, will I be near any CCFer's? Hoping to have a cold one or catch a ride on something less antique than my 78 Ski Tique.

Thanks, Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 12:23am
Thats lake Buena vista..its out by disney world, disney owns it...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 7:28am
is that where Jerry sienfelds mom and dad moved too
"the things you own will start to own you"
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 8:56pm
...The Buena Vista Palace is a nice place to stay...lots of good restaurants around. If you have kids, Disney is just a couple of miles away.      
Eric, I think it was Del Boca Vista for the Seinfelds.
Heath
bwill14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwill14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 11:14pm
There is a cable park around there. Pretty cool for wakeboarding or wakeskating till your arms fall off. Here is a link to thier web site.

http://www.orlandowatersports.com/

Correct Craft's manufacturing facility is in Orlando also. I know they give tours. Their web site has info on the tours under the "Contact Us" page.

http://www.correctcraft.com/

I live in Tampa, so I don't think I'll be much help beyond that.
Brent
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 7:27pm
Mike: We are in Lake Wales; 45 minutes from where you are going. We are always open to meet C/CFAN friends. If you are interested, you can e-mail me thru the profile. I love to give rides, but all I can offer is an old '80. Kinda loud and not to smooth ridin', but I am willing to put her in whenever a C/Cfer comes calling. Let me know!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 8:49pm
    Jbear dont down your boat, as your 80 is the nicest SN I have ever seen or driven!!! You should be proud to have such a beauty in original condition....

Jeff...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2006 at 10:20pm
Jbear call out! So J, you live near Morty Seinfeld?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2006 at 2:09am
Thanks John,

I'm pushing around a 78 Ski Tique, so your 80 should feel like a limo! I'll get in touch, Thanks!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2006 at 2:25am
stang..the first round is on me, I live about 15 miles from there..
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2006 at 10:46am
I guess it was Del Bocca vista where the Seinfelds moved too, seen that episode the other night and laughed
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 2:37am
MM, sounds good! I'll take care of the rest.

I'll get in touch before I get there so we can figure out a time/place to meet up. Looking forward to meeting fellow ccfer's.

Thanks,
Mike

hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 4:58pm
...hey, if Double M is buying I might try and hang out too.
Heath
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by hspore hspore wrote:

...hey, if Double M is buying I might try and hang out too.
sounds good to me, and if we could spring jbear from the retierment home, we can all meet at my house with three 1980s or maybe go on the plant tour if you guys want to do that..
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 6:56pm
Hey, i'm 21 now, Can i go out drinking with the Big Boys too?
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 7:40pm
MaddMarxx,
I doubt jbear would ever end up in a retirement home!!

He was my idol when I was growing up in Ohio. I sat and watched him comb and dry his hair after a day of skiing. It seemed like hours... but every hair was in place!! Remember doing that John??

jbear, those weekends at the Bay were the greatest!!! I remember them fondly!!! I just wish the water was as calm, clean, warm and flat like in Tennessee in the Bay, then I would take my boat up there.

More stories (and maybe some pics) of jbear in his younger days might surface.....

Blondie, the last I knew OML was his favorite brew.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by gn6027 gn6027 wrote:

He was my idol when I was growing up in Ohio. I sat and watched him comb and dry his hair after a day of skiing. It seemed like hours... but every hair was in place!! Remember doing that John??

This doesn't surprise me at all. John has a very full, well kept head of hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 2:32am
MM - sounds great, the plant tour would be cool.

Blondie - all good, hope you can make it.

gn - I used to know what hair was. oh well...

Really looking forward to meeting everyone who will be available. I used to dread going to this convention, but now I'm getting fired up.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 9:12am
Guys; Quess we'll call this the "69Mustang" reunion. We'll be glad to be gettin' together by that time of year. The guys from up north might wanna ski but for us Florida guys it might be a little cold. Well at least for us older guys. Anyhow, we'll get some boats together and do a tour and get some cold ones.

Mike, when you get a schudule post it so we can start working on the fun part of your visit. I need some prior notice to be able to arrange leave from the Home.

Glenn: Thanks for the props (I think). Always will remember those days at the Bay. Sure we looked forward to Norris Lake in those days but it was great to be able to see everyone and their kids each weekend. That was one of the best parts for Patti and I, being around all the kids like you and your sister because Dennis grew up and left for the Navy. We got to be part of everyones extended family. As to the hair, hope I didn't hold you guys up to much. Patti was always mad because I'd use the "ladies" shower 'cause it had the better mirrors! Thanks for the memories and the laughs it brought. Say hi to your parents for me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic