NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1960 Atom Skier on Craigslist

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1960 Atom Skier on Craigslist
    Posted: November-24-2006 at 8:52pm
Located in CA BKH

1960 Atom Skier
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 1:37am
Thats a cool old boat, good price, but its in california, may as well be in kookamunga.thats a world away from me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 11:54am
Well, we spell it Cucamonga, and that's in California too!.

Not so many of these old boats out there. Just wanted to make sure everyone saw it, in case there was interest. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 10:26pm
Mark: Was there any doubt that BKH would know the correct spelling for "cucamonga"?

Nice boat anyhow, no matter where she is located.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 11:30pm
jbear..No doubt about it he is a smartie pants, but at 3am I dont worry about spelling that much. There is a 81sn on Ebay for 499 starting bid, that is a project, its in lakeland FL, not kookamunga...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 11:54pm
I don't know about the smartie pants thing. Mark's post just struck a funny bone to me. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 10:25pm
Brian: I hope you did not take any offense to my remark. You know how I meant it and I am sure we have talked enough to know each other a little bit. I don't think MM meant anything by the "smartie pants" comment. I am not sure of his age but I bet he is lots younger than us and does not realize that "smartie pants" was not a nice comment when we were in school.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 10:46pm
Not to worry John. Mark and I were just having a little fun. No big deal. Really, no deal at all. It's all good. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 11:06pm
Ok....its all cool to me.

Kiss that beautiful baby on the top of the head for me.

Sleeping much?

Hope Denese is doin' good.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 11:15pm
sorry guys, that comment was actually meant as a compliment b/c BKH has such a wealth of knowledge on CC boats and their history. it's nice to click on and learn something new and most of that comes from posts made by BKH. BTW Jbear, i'm 41 and most of the comments that bothered me had 4 letter words in them. BKH, why dont you buy that wooden boat for yourself, it looks like a good one with the 327 in it.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 11:45pm
Boy we must all be hooked on C/CFAN.

MM you are not that far from me age wise: 55 here. Guess I'll meet up with ya in person sooner rather than later. Gotta check out that sandbar in person.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

BKH, why dont you buy that wooden boat for yourself, it looks like a good one with the 327 in it.

LOL - Her name is Aspen and she's 10 days old. Seriously, I'd love to take on a project, but other things have me pretty busy right now.

My wife has actually encouraged me to find a project boat. I have a wakeboard boat, and so I've been thinking about picking up a ski boat for her. I'll know the right boat when I see it. BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 7:37am

jbear..No doubt about it he is a smartie pants, but at 3am I dont worry about spelling that much. There is a 81sn on Ebay for 499 starting bid, that is a project, its in lakeland FL, not kookamunga...

LOL, I think everyone knew what you meant with the smartie pants remark, not much slips past Brian.

Ps. FYI, If you're serious about the 81 on ebay be aware that it's not an anniversary model as stated. It's a standard Nautique, not that there's anything wrong with that it's just not what he's advertising.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 8:27am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

LOL, I think everyone knew what you meant with the smartie pants remark, not much slips past Brian.

Ps. FYI, If you're serious about the 81 on ebay be aware that it's not an anniversary model as stated. It's a standard Nautique, not that there's anything wrong with that it's just not what he's advertising.

If it was an anniversary model, I would be bidding!
Scott
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 8:09pm
Yeah. ..I know its not an anniversary, but I would still love to have it, if it wasn't xmas time. Scott dont bid, if you want it I will go and look at it and make him an offer for you and bring it here. that will give you a reason to come down to FL...   
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 8:11pm
Scott- what he!! is a sidewinder????
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 8:32pm

Yeah. ..I know its not an anniversary, but I would still love to have it, if it wasn't xmas time. Scott dont bid, if you want it I will go and look at it and make him an offer for you and bring it here. that will give you a reason to come down to FL...   

I won't bid on that one anyway. I want the real one..like alan's. Paul Carpenter had one for sale,a year or two ago that I keep kicking myself in the a$$ for not buying. I was looking at a 1977 Nautique that's for sale in your area and if I was interested in buying it, I was going to get a hold of you or JBEAR to take a look at it for me. But I think I am going to pa$$ on that one.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 8:36pm

Scott- what he!! is a sidewinder????

This is my 1973 Sidewinder with 30 original hours. It has a 455 Olds with a Berkley jetdrive.

Scott
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 3:32am
WOW...Thats a wild looking ride, did you just pick that one up? Who is that made by? Are you going to put that motor and drive in the Freeport?..yeah..thats a cool boat..I like it
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 4:46am
scott8370........Paul Carpenter here....My 81 Limited is in the proud hands of B.J. Bowling, aka hasbeenskier on this board. I will have to say, I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER SOLD IT !!! The guys on this board would not believe the condition it is in with less than 200 original hours......it is truly one you would have to see in person to believe!!

Maybe it will make an appearance at the Orlando reunion in '07!?!?!? How about it B.J.????????????????????????????????????
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 4:49am
PS, I would like to buy that 81 project on ebay, if my motor and hull don't sell.....I guess that motor could go in the 81..?? If stringers are not tooooo rotten... just a thought.

Paul
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 8:13am
Originally posted by nautiquefanatic nautiquefanatic wrote:

scott8370........Paul Carpenter here....My 81 Limited is in the proud hands of B.J. Bowling, aka hasbeenskier on this board. I will have to say, I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER SOLD IT !!! The guys on this board would not believe the condition it is in with less than 200 original hours......it is truly one you would have to see in person to believe!!

Maybe it will make an appearance at the Orlando reunion in '07!?!?!? How about it B.J.????????????????????????????????????

Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2006 at 8:24am

WOW...Thats a wild looking ride, did you just pick that one up? Who is that made by? Are you going to put that motor and drive in the Freeport?..yeah..thats a cool boat..I like it

I got it about a year ago.Sidewinder is the mfgr. made in Anderson Ca. The gla$$ is hand laid. Very strong and straight.I'm looking for an engine and drive for the 67, but not the one out of the 73. I have the engine and drive in the 67 listed on ebay..now.
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic