NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cool video

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cool video
    Posted: November-25-2006 at 2:22am
About 5/8 of the way through there is a red white and blue ,that I believe is a CC that i thought I had seen on our sight. Im sure somebody knows. I tried hyperlink . Couldnt get it to work . Pat

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=boat+crash&b=27&oid=5d8fef59a116b7fc&rurl=www.foilfreaks.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dboat%2Bcrash%26b%3D21
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 2:12pm
Wow, great video. I can't believe they don't get hurt. People used to think I was crazy with flying dock starts w/foot'n. But that takes it.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 3:53pm
Can anyone that does this tell me if there are any fatalities involved here?

foilfreaks
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 7:41pm
Pat
I can't remember who that is in that picture either, but it is someone from this site.

Scott
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 8:35pm
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i think some of those spills are gonna leave a mark...............welcome to the big d*@k club!!!!!!!!...............
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 5:42pm
That boat belongs to Mr Todd Jones from Lincoln, Nebraska. Todd has turned himself into a Sky Ski pioneer when it comes to modifications. He does some great things with wings and struts for the Sky Ski. He's also a great guy with fantastic fabrication skills.

Bob Coley
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 7:41pm
Thats cool Bob. Thanks for the information on that cool boat . Do you know if these videos are from Lincoln? Do you know if there are any more pics of this boat? I looked at your boat in the diaries section . It is a very nice sharp looking boat. Are you going to make it to Green Lake this year ? I would like to see it close up . I noticed a wooden boat in the back ground , is that yours also?

Thanks Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 8:18pm
I thought that was an air chair.
Tim D
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I thought that was an air chair.

Competing brands. The two guys who started air chair had a falling out. One then started Sky Ski. I'm not a foiler but from what I read, the Sky Ski is now the preferred brand amongst the hard core foilers. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by 92'NIQUE 92'NIQUE wrote:

I am not anywhere near the level of most on the video however the most dramatic fall for me was slalom, the most painful was wakeboard and the scariest was on a foil when after going upside down my free arm went through the vee in the rope, wiped out and my arm entangled in the line, snapped the line at the pylon and my bicep was as big as Arnolds the next day.

BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 9:06am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Thats cool Bob. Thanks for the information on that cool boat . Do you know if these videos are from Lincoln? Do you know if there are any more pics of this boat? I looked at your boat in the diaries section . It is a very nice sharp looking boat. Are you going to make it to Green Lake this year ? I would like to see it close up . I noticed a wooden boat in the back ground , is that yours also?

Thanks Pat

Most, if not all of the clips in the Sky Ski Crash video were shot at various fly-ins. Todd Jones is one of the regulars at the hydrofoil fly-ins and is a great promoter of the sport. He's also one heck of a rider. I've seen other pictures of his boat. One place would be at Monster Tower's web site.
As of right now, the Sky Ski and Air Chair are pretty close with the edge going to Sky Ski. However, there's a fantastic skier in florida by the name of Geno Yauchler that is producing his own Air Chair branded hydrofoil that is possibly the best on the market. I'm not sure though because I've never ridden his product. Otherwise, there are a few people out there (Todd Jones) that are producing aftermarket wings and struts that are pushing the Sky Ski and Air Chair to new levels. It has always been a great time to be into hydrofoiling, but right now it's better than ever.
Here's a VIDEO of my brother, my daughter and finally myself from this past Labor Day. It's not as spectacular and the crash video, but it sure was fun. The pictures in my diary are of my boat when it was still at the dealership. I wish the wooden boat was mine too, but I'm sorry to say, it is not.
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 9:19am
Originally posted by 92'NIQUE 92'NIQUE wrote:

I've heard of one fatality. A few years ago a show skier in China attempted a simple back side roll. When he landed he skipped into a second out of control jump and plowed into a ski jump. He supposedly died from a broken neck. He would have been fine if he didn't hit the side of the ski jump.
I've never seen any really bad injuries. I broke a bone in my wrist, seperated some ribs, tore my bicep and had more bruises and knee knocker than I can remember, but nothing put me out of commission for more than a month or so.
IMHO, there is no way to have more fun on the water.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 10:07am
Wow those contraptions are fun to watch.... I did say "watch" right???
Moj'
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 10:18am
Amazing that there were no major injuries. By the looks of the video, you'd think the title could be "The last time my legs worked".
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 10:25am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Amazing that there were no major injuries. By the looks of the video, you'd think the title could be "The last time my legs worked".

No kidding Joel, I'm surprised those things haven't gone the way of the Kite tubes.

Mojo, Make sure you set up 2 chairs next to that cooler cause I'll be joining you on the shore.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 10:25am
We rented a SkySki for a day and all gave it a try. I have no ambition to get back on that thing. I much prefer activities (footin) where I have complete control over all parts of my body. Those chairs are so restrictive it freaks me out.

As is with most sports, mad props to the guys that have put in the time and gotten good at it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 1:40pm
The foils are great fun especially on those choppy day's, the best part is it's just like sitting on a barstool only while behind the boat, and like the barstool, don't overdo it and you won't fall too hard.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

The foils are great fun especially on those choppy day's, the best part is it's just like sitting on a barstool only while behind the boat, and like the barstool, don't overdo it and you won't fall too hard.

IF you can get a model with drink holders I'll give it a try
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 2:39pm
For all of you that think you're too old, too scared or just not tough enough, watch this video of 84 year old Mary Murphy. This lady has the right idea.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 2:44pm
Think they could have found her some rougher water???

Hmm, if we can get more than 1 foil at GL, how about a race to the dock from the sand bar? That ought to be amusing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 2:56pm

Bob,

I've been pulling your chain a little, they actually look like a nice smooth ride and a bit of fun. Looks like your whole family enjoys the heck out of it.

Any chance you'll make it to Green lake this year, I was hoping to get a look at your unique ski nautique and see you riding the foil this past summer.
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 3:20pm
I wanted to get over there in July. Unfortunately I had to work and could not find a way out of it. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one. From the pictures I saw, it looked like a great time. Is there a plan for another Green Lake Reunion in 07?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Ok all, Since there is a landslide vote for July, and a sense of urgency to book the top park out up in Green Lake, we have decided to make the 2007 Reunion a repeat of 06' and had the Chamber of Commerce pencil us in for the 13-15 of July.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 3:41pm
See the following for a nice article on the history of foiling. BKH

Hydrofoil History
Livin' the Dream

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Think they could have found her some rougher water???

Hmm, if we can get more than 1 foil at GL, how about a race to the dock from the sand bar? That ought to be amusing.

Outstanding Idea... That's about 3-1/2 miles. Hell, GL I think gets rougher than ocean, so should be interesting hahaha....

Moj'
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

See the following for a nice article on the history of foiling. BHK

Hydrofoil History

Great article. Thank you.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 5:58pm
no sh*t..........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

no sh*t..........

In contrast to Mr Andrews comment, Thanks for the link Brian.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2006 at 9:37pm
Brian, thats a great article.

Bob ,hope to see you at GL. demonstrating your ability to ride these wickedly cool skis.

Thanks Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic