NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Senator John Kerry

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Senator John Kerry
    Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:46am

Senator Kerry                                                                           Nov. 1, 2006

Damn you. You are a bumbling idiot. My son, Cory, left the Computer Engineering Program at West Virginia University, a superlative educational institution, to volunteer to serve in the United States Marine Corps. He made it to Recon in less than one year, completing over a dozen schools, finishing with top scores in every single one of them. Cory, along with every Recon Marine, was/is a brilliant young man. They all volunteered - there is no draft as there was when you were in the Armed Forces. Cory, along with 3 other Recon Marines, died as the result of an IED explosion in May, 2006. These men, along with their peers, are superior in intellect. How dare you dishonor them by your careless words. You are a stupid, self-absorbed fool.

I am not speaking as a member of any political party - in fact, I support more democrats at this juncture than republicans. But I loathe the disdain you display for my son and those whose magnificent service was given for something they held so dear to their hearts - freedom.

I pray that your political future is doomed. You are a detriment to every democrat with whom you a$$ociate. If in deed, your words were, as you say, intended as a joke, then you are heartless. My son's life is certainly more than a joke. He and these almost 3,000 young men and women who have died with him, are much more valued and loved than to be used as pawns in your own petty political pundits.

You were not misunderstood. You were clearly heard and understood by us all. You were on national television. You are utterly disrespectful of our sons and of us, their families. I will work tirelessly to bring you down. You discredit every member of the Armed Forces. Not only are these troops more savvy than ever before in history, so are their commanding officers, many of whom have advanced educational degrees. You, John Kerry, are nothing but scum. Spare us from the further desecration of our troops and the superlative military minds that truly do serve our nation.   Remove yourself from the limelight and step down from office, NOW.

VERY sincerely,

Mrs. Danna Swain Palmer, Proud Mom of Fallen Marine, Cpl. Cory Leonard Palmer, USMC, Recon May 10, 1984 - May 6 - 2006

West Virginia University, School of Computer Engineering 2006, Voluntarily withdrew with excellent grades to serve in the United States MarineCorps, Dec. 13, 2002.

CC: The Honorable Senator Robert Byrd, West Virginia The Honorable Joseph Biden, Delaware The Honorable Thomas Carper, Delaware The Honorable Congressman Mike Castle, Delaware

Commandant Michael Hagee, USMC
Commandant Charles Krulak, USMC, Ret.
West Virginia University, President

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 6:38pm
are you on the correct webite?......this is correctcraftfan.com not iraqwarfan.com..........all things aside, im sorry to hear about the loss........but didnt you say he "volunteered".....do you really thinks its john keerys fault in all seriousness?.....thanks george w bush and his republican partners..
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:10pm
Whether you agree w/ the war in Iraq or not is not the issue. The fact that Senator Kerry would stoop to say that if you don't got to school and work hard then you go to Iraq demeans all of the service men and women who lay their life on the line for us regardless of the venue. If Senator Kerry agreed w/ the war then he would definately not have said such a thing but his contempt for our "lowly,lowly" soldiers would still have been the same. Right on Waterdog!
Tate
1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

do you really thinks its john keerys fault in all seriousness?.....thanks george w bush and his republican partners..

In two tours in Iraq I have had four armored HMMWV's blown out from under me from IED's, my heavily armored BFV burned to the ground after a homicide bomber blew himself up next to me, I have picked up pieces of my good friends...my comrades and I have experienced terrible things, many parents, spouses, and children have suffered the loss of loved ones.   

This is not iraqwarfan.com. I dont' blame Kerry. I didn't appreciate his comments, but I really don't care what he or you think about who a soldier really is and why he soldiers.

I certainly don't blame President Bush. The real enemy are those bastards out there killing Americans. Right now they are satisfied with doing it in Iraq. You should pray they don't come to America.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 7:27pm
Ryan Andrews, your a frickin idiot!!!!

Come on out to Chicago sometime, I would love to take you skiing, the anchor line would be perfect for you!!

Bet that Hillary sign looks great in your front yard, Moron!!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:04pm
quinner- your typical computer badda$$..you would love to take me skking(thanks), but after your comments id love to beat your a$$!all bullsh*t aside...a typical loudmouth on the internet...yes to all im a democrat..ok whats your point quinner?...im not here to discuss dems. vs. repb....im sure in your eyes all democrats are morons quinner...this is america and we all are entitled to our own opinions.......maybe sometime this summer we can meet up, maybe say at the cedra point reunion.......afterwards ill take you wakeboarding or barefootin on my lake......only 1/2 hr south and its private!
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:08pm
Kerry is a pompous @ss, anyway, no matter which way you lean politically.
Nice post, though, Waterdog. Some of these folks do not realize who the real enemy is and that they will kill any one of us, our wives or our kids. Some choose to stick there heads in the sand and quote bumper stickers.
Thanks to you, 87SN2001, and to all that serve and fight the real threat.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:11pm

this is america and we all are entitled to our own opinions

Fortunately for you our brave service men and women are willing to risk their lives so everyone can express their opinions.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
Shortline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:20pm

afterwards ill take you wakeboarding or barefootin on my lake......only 1/2 hr south and its private!

You have your own private lake? Too bad you don't keep your opinions private as well.

Mrs. Palmer suffered the loss of her son; a brave fighting man who was defending your freedom. Shame on you.
It wouldn't be that hard if the balls weren't so far apart and the boat wasn't going so damn fast!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 8:20pm
Fortunately for you our brave service men and women are willing to risk their lives so everyone can express their opinions..........and i never said i dont thank them for their services and duties......i respect them for what they do...but again it is a choice.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 10:11pm
RA please stop talking, im not trying to be an a$$, but youre digging yourself quite a hole with every posting in this topic.
The comment Kerry made was completely moronic, and as waterdog said in his, i hope/believe he doomed his political career with that comment, because we really don't need someone like that in our government.

IMHO,
   Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
AbunDiga909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 10:34pm
I never thought highly of Kerry, and the more I learn the more I dislike Bush. That aside... I am sorry to hear of your loss, it is very sad. I have 3 close friends overseas, 2 in Afghanistan and 1 in Iraq, one who sadly had to come home on emergency leave because his father pa$$ed.

Someone once told me it is impossible to support our troops, but not support the war, at the same time... I do not know what to say to this... Obviously, everyone fighting is brave and courageous, but everyone has a different story. This one friend who had to come home hates it there, can't wait for his contract to expire. Others, however, are proud of what they do. We here sitting on our safe a$$es at home on computers cannot speak generally about the people fighting there as a whole, imho..

What Kerry said is poor, but Bush is still the guy who sent 'em there. I still do not know exactly WHAT we're fighting for... kinda like when I intervewed a Vietnam War veteran who still has a bullet in his back, he said they're there, but, "What are we fighting for?" (I dont want to here "freedom" or "safety" as an answer b/c that is overused and not totally true... polls say that more people now feel more unsafe today than they did 5 years ago...) Maybe its just my town...
I Nautique, therefore I am.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by AbunDiga909 AbunDiga909 wrote:

What Kerry said is poor, but Bush is still the guy who sent 'em there. I still do not know exactly WHAT we're fighting for

You may never understand. What is important is that American fighting men are in harms way in Iraq. These men and their families need the support of their country.

What is freedom, peace, or security? You are enjoying all three right now, whether you understand or not. On 9/11 why did the pa$$engers on that last aircraft attack their hijackers when they must have known with great certainty that they would die?

I suspect they understood.

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 12:08am
OK, I'm going to put myself out there for you guys to stomp on...
1. This is the kind of post I wish was never on our boat message board. Why am I contributing to it?
2. There really isn't freedom of speech. John Kerry, Michael Richards, and ryanandrews are the most recent proofs. Perhaps Kerry and Richards are idiots, but the point is you can'tit just say anything you want. Ask Jimmy the Greek, Howard Cosell, Steve Lyons...
3. We're all very sad about the loss of life in Iraq. We're sorry about our men and women who have died and we're sorry about the Iraqis (and others) who have died. War is tragic and horrible. None of us want it.
4. It would have been cheaper to give every person in Iraq $1 million than it has been to prosecute this war thus far. According to the NY Times this week, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is costing tax payers in the US about $320,000 per day. This information doesn't make the war right or wrong, but it's pretty interesting...just thought I'd throw it in there.
5. I'm impressed with people who take upon themselves goals like bringing down bad politicians. I think it's crucial to vote bad politicians out of office and good ones in. I also hope that people with such goals can experience the kind of freedom and joy that comes when you can truly forgive those who have wronged you and your loved ones (and perhaps thousands of others). Justice needs to be served, but I always hope that those pursuing justice can also do it with free hearts so that justice is the end and not revenge. When revenge is a motive instead of justice it tends to disintegrate the person who is seeking it as much as the person who is the object of the vengeance. Forgiveness doesn't mean a neglect of justice. But it means a release of the ideas of revenge and vengeance. Freedom and joy result when the pursuit of justice is free from the desire for vengeance.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 12:13am
I understand what you are saying, but what the people did on that last flight and the war now are two totally different things. It is obvious what the people on the flight did and their reasoning. However, I do not see how killing and losing 3,000 american lives is making is possible for me to be "free" now. If anything, like I said before, most people (including me) feel LESS safe now than before, or w/o a war.

If you (not YOU 872001, the general "you") cannot give me a real hard answer as to WHY we're fighting, than there is no hard real reason. aka... no reason... if we cannot answer why the hell we're there, why should we be there.... how is the killing of people over there defending my freedom, literally?

You're all gonna hate me for this, but here's what I honestly feel.. For some reason, I cannot help but think that Bush has some other motive for the war, some other economic motive.... (Now you'll all REALLY hate me) Under Clinton, the country had a surplus--we were exporting more than importing, there was NO deficit. Wars are good for economies, and Bush glotes that the economy is booming now, but what he does not tell you is that due to the war, the country is in its largest debt ever of $8.3 trillion. Also, the deficit is higher than ever, approx. $300 billion (if i'm correct). We pay more for military than all other nations combined... and for what? (Yes, the men and women out there are brave souls who are risking their lives for us) But WHY? That is the key question... imho.. Bush is the ONLY president who's lowered taxes in a time of war--something that was never heard of before. Taxes have alway's been raised for wars.... Meanwhile, he now wants to take our Social Security money and invest it in the stock market, great.. If the market goes up, great, but if it doesnt, sorry! How many people actually know what they're doing investing in the stock market? Do the senior citizens that need that money know? I would think not...

Bottom line... I just dont get it.. i dont get the war... you may say "You dont need to get it" or "you may never understand" or "you dont need to understand," but frankly i find these all bullsh*t answers... because these are questions that need to be answered to have a justified war... And finally, not to offend anybody, I DO NOT agree w/ what Kerry said about the troops, in no way to I think they do not deserve the upmost respect--I know 3 of them... 2 almost died...

Fire away...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 8:16am
The first thing I did after reading your post, was to look at your profile and see when you were born....Just as I thought!
Scott
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 8:33am
Austin,

I don't know that there is a simple answer to your question and it sounds like you pretty much have your mind made up anyways.

Agree or disagree with the decisions of our administration I support the men and women who are defending those decisions and all that our country represents.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 10:33am
I love to waterski. So do my kids. My wife, not so much (not sure what happened there?). I also like working on my boat and building things. I have the freedom to do those things because of good people who fight for that freedom.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 10:51am
Man do I want to get in on this one.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 11:06am
scott8370
I posted this letter to keep OUR military in our thoughts. My profile - born democrat , military service changed my thinking - turned republican - rethought the whole thing ,now independent. I am Vietnam Vet. 27 years DoD ,   I work in a composite & polymers lab aboard a USMC Air Station . When the Marines at the gate check my ID I always stop , look them in the eye and say good morning . We lost 3 Marines from Camp Lajune yesterday in Iraq. I’m not a politician , don’t want to be. I see in black and white , no gray , just like my Dad , it’s right or it’s wrong. I’m glad this thread inspired thought. So – Vote it’s not your right - it’s your obligation . I pray we can get out of this quagmire in the mid-east soon and our military men and women do not die in vain.    
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 12:28pm
Waterdog

I was a little bugged, when I posted. I didn't insert a name at the beginning of my thought like I should have...That was addressed to Austin. Sorry about that. Scott

Scott
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 3:27pm
Austin, just exactly what makes YOU (specifically) feel unsafe? Most of us know your situation so this I absolutely have to know, then I can totally dismiss your post instead of just mostly.

No matter what the reason, Americans are still over there fighting, and need support and thanks.
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 3:28pm
I love this site not only because I am really getting into this damn '74 CC Mustang I'm redoing in the garage, but because I love hearing your opinions on everything you can imagine. I'm a police Lt. in Illinois and I am, as it sounds all of you are, thankful there are men and women who are willing to volunteer their services so the unwilling don't have to. God Bless them for being over there! I wish I were younger so I could go. I've had the honor to attend many cla$$es on terrorism taught by special forces men who have commanded troops there. The common belief is the military is taking the fight to the enemy in a manner over seas to a point that the enemy, for the most part cannot put together a vast effort here, on American soil. They have tried since 911 and thanks to their stupidity, and America's increased intelligence, they have failed. I simply think about how I felt after 911. For a month everyone was gung ho! Now we're talking cost? It is always unfortunate when there is death, especially to our servicemen and women. The men and women I talk with who have been there believe in the mission and understand the sacrifice. I hope we would all agree we can't give up the fight and have them over here. Think of how two clowns, in one car, with one adequate rifle shut down the east coast in Rockville Md. My younger brother was PD there during that and the fear throughout the commuity was rampant. I fear what would happen if they had four of five cars, eight or ten men, in five parts of the country. Gas stations today, K-marts tomorrow, McDonalds the next day. It would cripple the country. Thank God they are fighting in their country and not ours.
     Just my .02. No one's totally right or wrong, thank God we can all believe what we wish.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Austin, just exactly what makes YOU (specifically) feel unsafe? Most of us know your situation so this I absolutely have to know, then I can totally dismiss your post instead of just mostly.

No matter what the reason, Americans are still over there fighting, and need support and thanks.

I'm obviously the minority here, so I do not expect to change any of your minds or have mine changed... Knowing this shows that I really am talking just for good conversation, and just interested in knowing what your response and arguments would be against mine.. that all...

You can go ahead and dismiss my post I really dont care I'm pretty used to it from you guys... Yes most of you "know my situation" in that i'm a democrat from nyc, pretty much = jew... aka almost exact opposite from most of you guys (i'd expect..) major uphill battle for me... When I get up and walk to school I do not fear a plane flying over my head or a bum waking up with a gun--I do not feel insecure or not safe on a small level. What I was referring to was a poll taken, one that I didnt partake in, which really referred to "safety" on a greater scale, as in the stopped threat in London. I am pretty sure it is THOSE types of things that people fear more now than they did before the war...

Does that answer your question? So individually, I was never afraid nor do I feel unsafe now, but people in general (at least around me) do not feel as secure as they used to since bush woke up and went to war...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 3:54pm
by the way.. every day i have political & economic discussions, 2 of my good (jewish) friends, probably the most jewish, are republicans. I say this just so you guys know that I have looked at, heard, and talked in depth regarding both "sides of the story..."
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:03pm

by the way.. every day i have political & economic discussions... I have looked at, heard, and talked in depth regarding both "sides of the story..."

Are you still talking?
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:14pm
Wow.....I thought I was doing pretty well to buy a Nautique of my own when I was 24......"I own a Nautique, therefore I am" is only 17. Pretty impressive! I guess I should have started working and saving earlier.

Rob
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Wow.....I thought I was doing pretty well to buy a Nautique of my own when I was 24......"I own a Nautique, therefore I am" is only 17. Pretty impressive! I guess I should have started working and saving earlier.

Rob

yeah i like the sig. but it'd definitely not HIS boat... it probably should be 'my dad owns a nautique..." No offense intended but you get the idea...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:22pm
I don't think I've had one convo on this site where someone hasn't commented on my sig.. lol.. its a freakin joke on Descartes, a compliment to CC also...

I told you guys, I do not expect to change your minds nor do I want to fight with you.. I was just saying my opinion, and trust me I'm not alone. I might agree with myself, but at least I am open to and respect other's opinions/ideas, and I also understand where they're coming from... unlike some (thats you skibum...) The only thing that gets to me is that so many of you are so against other ways of thinking... so you disagree with me, big deal, but at least respect it... freedom of speech...

fire away.. again..
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:27pm

I don't think I've had one convo on this site where someone hasn't commented on my sig.. lol.. its a freakin joke on Descartes, a compliment to CC also...

I wasn't knocking it at all, I think it's cool, just a little misleading. Maybe that's why you catch a lot of flack on it. Just my .02

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic