Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Senator John Kerry

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:32pm
skibum-are you still breathing?
AbunDiga909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 4:34pm
I see... but I would think it is obvious that I personally did not sign the check... I also never think of the boat belonging to one person, not even my dad.. its simply the family's like the house... i live in my house, not my dads... I think I get a lotta crap for it b/c people take it too seriously and literally and cant take a kid (god forbid) owning something expensive... who cares what I say, we all know that dad signed the check, and its the family's...

What I would like to hear, honestly, is not a question wheather i'm still talking or having a post dismissed, I would like some mature person to take me seriously, above 17, and give me a REAL response of your argument.. c'mon, convince me... prove me wrong.. I want some real facts and opinions... being wrong on this site is old news, now show me why... (not pissed, just really would like to have a good argument/discussion, as of now., i have given the facts and honest opinion i think..)
I Nautique, therefore I am.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by AbunDiga909 AbunDiga909 wrote:

Under Clinton, the country had a surplus--we were exporting more than importing, there was NO deficit. Wars are good for economies, and Bush glotes that the economy is booming now, but what he does not tell you is that due to the war, the country is in its largest debt ever of $8.3 trillion.

Do not confuse the budget deficit with the National Debt. During Clinton's administration the National Debt rose from $4Trillion to $6Trillion. In fact, the national debt has risen every year since 1930, whether at war or not.

Clinton did implement policies and legislation to reduce both the debt and the deficit.   He even went against his own party to do so. However, his debt reduction was obviously ineffective (50% debt increase during his reign), and his budget surplus had more to do with windfalls from dot com wealth than from any policy implemented during his administration.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Ryan Andrews, your a frickin idiot!!!!

Pretty much says it all.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 6:13pm
BKH, not confusing the two, sorry if it sounded like I was... The easy argument against the debt of today is pretty much what you said--we've been in debt, its kept rising, its never really mattered, we keep borrowing, its insignificant... To some extent, I agree, but it has risen most dramatically due to Bush's record breaking budget defecit of around $300 million... eventually, we (not you, but me, my kids, grandkids, etc..) will have to pay it off (prob to china)... I am also not impressed that under Bush, 6 million more people are now BELOW the poverty line, while Clinton made 5 million become above it... Why taxes are so low and not as progressive as they should be, I do not know...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 6:44pm
The debt rose 50% under Clinton. So far it has risen 35% under Bush, but he still has the benefit of 2 years to run it up. What Bush has not had is the windfall of a once in a lifetime economic event - the dot com boom.

Your age is not relevant to your views on Bush, Clinton, our economy, etc. Right or wrong, many people of all ages share your views. Go to college - pick one with a lot of smart people, and a diversity of students socio-economically, racially, and from different nations. Enjoy the debate that goes on there.

However, I'll bet you $10 that 10 years from now, when you actually pay taxes, your views will be different. You may still lean as you do now, but you will think differently than you do now. BKH
Livin' the Dream

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 6:54pm
AbunDiga,
You seem like a very intelligent young man, and have very good writing/communication skills. I may not agree whith what you say, but at least you have an opinion and are ready to talk about it in a friendly and rational manner. I wish you the best in your future and keep pressing for the truth and a positive change in our leadership and govermnent. Most of us on this site have already been down the road you are about to travel, so we tend to not put up with much because we have been through it all before. I bet in 25 years you will not be saying the same things you are now, and that will come from your life experiences and dissapointments with polititians as a whole.

My take is that it's not about being blue or red politically, it's about the individual person who is doing the speaking. Kerry frickin' blew it with his comments......... end of story.

As for all the Bush bashing, any President in this day and age is going to get ripped on..... just way too much going on to not be the target of ridicule. As for Clinton, he was just shameful.

As for the war, support our troops and give them the utmost respect and resorces to keep the fight on their turf, not ours.

Post some pictures of your family boat in the Diaries section when you get a chance !!

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 7:08pm
Can't wait to pay taxes..woo hoo.. I do have to trust you in that my ideas will change, to some extent. I doubt my ideas will reverse once I start paying taxes or go to college, but I do anticipate some chances. For a while I've hated politics, but now that I cant get around it, I have to accept it and find myself trying to get into an AP Gov cla$$...? I know it probably sounded like I thought Clinton was the hero of all heros, thats not that case at all. (this will sound stupid) I was REALLY to young to talk when he was pres...

bkh, thanks for that fact, I wasnt aware of how much exactly Bush vs Clinton affected the federal debt, I just a$$umed by putting two and two together...

And lastly, I cannot agree more that in a country divided virtually 50/50, any pres can, and will, be bashed...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 7:15pm
This is why people dismiss your posts. Please just put the shovel down and stand on the sidelines, maybe you'll learn something.

I do not expect to change any of your minds or have mine changed...

c'mon, convince me... prove me wrong.. I want some real facts and opinions...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 7:50pm
Hollywood.. what are you saying, if you really understood my post and didn't dismiss it so quickly, you'd have understood that those two quotes do not relate to each other in purpose. The first one is me being honest about why I'm talking in the first place (for conversational purposes, not to convince anyone), and the second one is just asking for a real answer, with real, hard, true numbers, (b/c as of then I had none. an example would be what bkh wrote in return) I thought I was being fair by asking to be proved wrong. You must distinguish between being proved wrong and haveing ones mind changed, they are very different. I was giving you guys a free shot to convince/teach/prove to me something, and nobody took it... why can't someone just give me some reasons why you think what you think? I'm interested... enlighten me.. (this is what the second quote also meant...) I think it is wise to know what the "enemy" is thinking.. (PLEASE dont take that literally! hence the quotes.. its just a phrase)

The two are not related, I would have thought a smart guy like you would have picked up on that. I know they're not related b/c I wrote them... and I think its damn clear I'm here to learn something.. are you?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 8:07pm
I'm hear to talk about boats and see some t*ts occasionally.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 8:34pm
I hear ya... this is definately an off-topic discussion.. but if you're in, you're in.. not in only when you wanna be...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 9:04pm
Austin, if I may there is a question for you.

This is not the first thread that you have made mention of the fact you are Jewish, why is that relevant particularly in this discussion?

Regarding your signature, I love CC's as most here however don't you think that could be percieved as a bit pompous regardless of who's boat it is?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 9:16pm
Hey quinner shouldn't you be pounding some 14 yr. olds in the corner right about now?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 9:19pm
Well, just wrote a response and hit the back button my mistake, so now its all gone..

The jew comment was only in response to hollywood's about "my situation." I was just clarifying "my situation" for everyone who didnt know, and I thought that (a) NYC resident, (b) democrat, and (c) jew, were hollywood's criteria that made up "my situation." Thats the only reason why, not to make a statement or anything... I dont even consider myself a good jew, its really a joke... 99% of my jewish comments have some humor hidden underneath...

The signiture really shouldnt' sound pompous b/c we (should) all know that it is based off of a very famous quote, I think, therefore I am. If that quote didn't exist, sure, it could sound arrogant. But since it DOES, we know that I didn't think like this from scratch, and it is merely a play on words, a pun even. Thus, it shouldn't be taken literally. Anyway, I only meant it as a compliment to correct craft..

BTW, has anyone seen Borat? one of the funniest "movie-films" i've ever seen..
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 9:34pm

The jew comment was only in response to hollywood's about "my situation."

What are you talking about? I don't recall saying anything along those lines.

When I was 17 on a friday night I sure as hell wasn't debating politics on a internet forum, I was trying to get my girlfriend naked, maybe you should try it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Most of us know your situation...

My mistake, PLBC said it...

Here in "the" city the night ends after 9 or 10 o clock... i've leaving now actually...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 10:28pm
Perhaps "I Nautique, therefore I am" would produce the same play on Descartes words, without the same edge. Just a thought. BKH
Livin' the Dream

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 10:33pm
   Diga,

You seem to be always clarifying your situation.Humor intended or not,IMHO it's not needed.Frankly,I don't think that anyone here doesn't know anyway.You're jewish-great.Move along.You seemed like a pretty good kid to me when we met,& I'm impressed at your age that you even know what the national deficit is,but Hollywood's right-Go have some fun.That sh*t will come later on in life.
   Personally,I don't care if the boat is "yours" or your "dads".The fact that your family has it to enjoy is all that matters.
   As you get older,all this stuff will make more sense.We all owe guys like 87SN2001 more than we could ever give in return.
   If anyone doesn't understand what these guys go through,visit the Vietnam Wall on Memorial Day.Seeing grown men in their 50's and 60's that can still bench press 400 lbs fall to their knees and cry is an experience that will change you forever.

BTW,John Kerry has been an a$$ his whole life,that comment just made everyone realize it.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hey quinner shouldn't you be pounding some 14 yr. olds in the corner right about now?

Hey Freakshow,

I get more than one? Where's the corner, I thought you were supposed to get them at one of the ends?

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 9:34am
AbunDiga909 wrote:
The jew comment was only in response to hollywood's about "my situation."

What are you talking about? I don't recall saying anything along those lines.

When I was 17 on a friday night I sure as hell wasn't debating politics on a internet forum, I was trying to get my girlfriend naked, maybe you should try it!..........

WELL SAID HOLLYWOOD....... dont forget to get a bag of gra$$ and some booze also!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 1:09pm
Are you Jewish or are you an American, because the Jew-black thing is getting real old, I dont care where or what happened to my ancestor's, when the smoke clears Im still an American... Im not a racist but im reminded everyday in some way of how easy it would be to become one and why. This is and will always be the greatest nation on this earth and I will never question why and how come it is that way, people will kill or will be killed trying to come to this country.
If you ever have the oppertunity to travel to another country your outlook would change drastically because of the way other people live and how they look at you with envy because they know where you are from and they would do anything to switch lives with you
enough said, lets talk about boats......why? because we can
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 4:58pm
I respect EVERYONE that has taken part in this thread because to me it simply demonstrates the utmost proof of who we are as a people, a country, and of one fantastic, however fallible at times, form of government, which includes two absolutely necessary parties. If we didn't have the ability to openly discuss, to disagree, and even to demonish, we certainly wouldn't be Americans. And I include several of our allied foreign friends in this team as well, who hopefully feel the same about their homelands.          
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2006 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Are you Jewish or are you an American, because the Jew-black thing is getting real old, I dont care where or what happened to my ancestor's, when the smoke clears Im still an American... Im not a racist but im reminded everyday in some way of how easy it would be to become one and why.

eric, i have no idea what the hell you're talking about here.. jewish and american btw... black? ancestors? when did those come up.. i meant to refer to those in NO way at all...

whatever.. i'll let it die now...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2006 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Are you Jewish or are you an American, because the Jew-black thing is getting real old, I dont care where or what happened to my ancestor's, when the smoke clears Im still an American... Im not a racist but im reminded everyday in some way of how easy it would be to become one and why.

Eric, I have no clue what the hell you're talking about? jewish or american? both... black? ancestors? when did those come up? I didnt mean to refer to those in any way at all...

whatever.. i'll let it die now... good convo..i learned a lot
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 9:40am
I apoligize, anytime you you see Jewish and minority in the same conversation you a$$ume... i went back thru and read it again. Its just lately on the other side of the coin it feels like i or we as American citizens have lost the freedom of speech, I guess i'm just getting irritated all the time with the race thing and we are reminded all the time of it. everyone has ghosts in the closet and when its thrown in your face all of the time it gets old.. thats what i meant
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 9:51pm
Man I love this site.

When I was 17, I too spent my time like Hollywood. Didn't hurt me none and hasn't hurt Hollywood. Plenty enough time to grow up.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 10:41am
Jbear, still try to spend my time like I am 17 unless of course hangin with the PLBC boy's, then of course I act my age so as to set a fine example for the young fellas.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 10:55am
I know what was going thru my mind every 30 or so seconds when i was 17 i didnt have time to think about anything else
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 11:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic