Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how many hours?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how many hours?
    Posted: December-11-2006 at 9:00pm
I purchase a 92 ski nautique with 1800 hours on it?engine sounds and runs great,regular maintenance was done at cc dealer every 25 hours,engine oil and transmission fluid were change.what do you guys think?is this alot of hours?I am an auto mechanic for 20 years this engine sounds great and does not have any blowby,compression 120 on all cylinders
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 9:31pm
For a 92, that's a fair amount of hours, but if it's been taken care of you should have a lot of life left. I believe PCM rates the engines for around 2500 hours. Perhaps someone else has the exact rating. I had a neighbor who went to 4000 hours without a rebuild. BKH
Livin' the Dream

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 7:35am
thats alot of trips to the dealer, but if thats true and and your getting good compression and no blow by its probably in good shape. you being the auto mechanic if a problem should arise the repairs if any would be cheap, especially freshinging up the engine
"the things you own will start to own you"
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 8:48am
That's the last year of wood in these boats. I'd make sure the floor and stringers are in good shape. That said, I don't think I've ever heard of a 90-92 SN needing new main stringers, ever. Based on some projects I've seen on this board over the past few years, as 81N said in another post, the engine is the "easy" part.
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 1:33pm
I think I made an alright buy on this boat,just concerned with the hours because everyone elses posted hours are sooo low.It seems about correct hours for my amount of boat usage,paid $8500.oo,floor and stringers in very good shape all bolats tighten and floor ssems solid,boat was definitely used(scratches and stuff)but not abused.took advice from forum and wet sanded and buffed,looks great,new decals,and the secret fro the interior posted elsewhere-magic erasers,looks almost new,first inboard only used one weekend before winter,LOVE IT.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 1:43pm
got pics?
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 2:21pm
I have a new camera,will try this weekend,going to my cottage in northern wisconsin,cnat snowmobile(40 deg,rain lakes not frozen YET)may push boat out of garage for pics.
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 2:22pm
apparently cant spell or type either-GREAT WEBSITE,you guys sure have alot of info
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by 92cc 92cc wrote:

I have a new camera,will try this weekend,going to my cottage in northern wisconsin,cnat snowmobile(40 deg,rain lakes not frozen YET)may push boat out of garage for pics.

Cottage in northern WI? Now you've got my attention. Where is it? On a lake? Do you rent?
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 2:45pm
I own a cottage on The Eagle River Chain of Lakes( 28 lake chain)boating heaven,my chain is 9 lakes then a boat hoist lifts you over the road and connects to another 20 lakes)can lift almost all boats we also have 23' deck boat which we have taken over.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 1:51pm
92cc, I'm on the 3 lakes (Medicine lake) chain. You should come over the dam some day next summer and visit. The wife and kids spend the summers up north and leave me home to make some money but I do get up for long weekends. You're correct, it's the greatest boating. We're going up Saturday for 10 days but without any snow, can't get much snowmobiling in. Sounds like you'll have fun with the 92 this summer, Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2006 at 4:41pm
Oh, boy- some up north folks! We head up every year. The past few years we've been on the Minocqua chain since we have friends on the lake and there is a permenant course there. I'm always open to change lakes if someone wants to rent me their cabin!
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 8:18pm
Hey Pete,we will definitely come over this summer,I love your boat and my wife does too,we will look for it at your dock?we have not been to medicine lake yet or alot of the other lakes on the three lakes chain,you probably cant miss us,we will be the ones with the SN that cant ski very well,YET.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 8:27pm
Pete & 92cc,

I bought my 206 from Watercraft Sales on Three Lakes, beautiful area!

Hopefully we will see you guy's at The Green Lake Reunion this summer.

Take Care,

Q
92cc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2006 at 8:37pm
I bought my new/used 92 from watercraft sales,great guys.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 5:16am
I spent all my summers in 3 lakes just as my kids do now. I worked at Watercraft rebuilding and refinishing customers wood boats for 4 summers and is really were I got my start into the wood boats. My 77 Tique is for daily sking since my wife feels that if she scratched ether of my wood boats that it would be grounds for divorse! My son has worked at Watercraft for 5 summers and will be going back. 3 lakes is great place. I can't wait for retirement so I can move up there permenantly. I have to get my shop built up there first so I can continue on my boat projects. The next one is a 1917 launch from Denby island in 3 lakes.

92cc, We are on the south end of Medicine lake. The Tique will be in the shore station if it's not pulling a skier. The 54 Atom and the 63 Dunphy sleep in the boathouse 6 docks east. It's been 30 years since I've been over the dam by boat. It was always lots of fun but with so much on the 3 lakes side, haven't found a need to go over lately. I'll have to someday just to see what has changed over the years. Lots more "slow no wakes" for sure!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Yak3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 11:19am
I have a friend whose parents own a house up there, I used to pack a Cessna with friends and we'd fly into 3 lakes airport for long weekends. Taking off and landing there is a trip, 3 sides are tall trees and the other is the lake. We'd go straight from the plane to a bar that I think was next door, where you could grab pizza. It's been about 4-5 years since i've been there, but it was good times. I think they are on deer lake or something.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2006 at 12:36pm
Yak3, It's one of the few good sod runways still around. The bar close by was ether Billy's 3rd hole or Briggs. If it was good pizza then it would have been Billys. At least you went from the plane to the bar and not the other way around!(Ok if you weren't piloting though) Deer lake is right around the corner and where the Northeraire hotel used to be. They are putting in condos now. Yuck!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic