NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North Carolina Nautique Owners a$$oc.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Carolina Nautique Owners a$$oc.
    Posted: December-22-2006 at 12:06pm
Hey guys. Anyone on this board know what happened to the NCNOA site. I would like to get into contact with them about membership and reunions. Thanks in advance.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 1:07pm
No idea what happened to the web site - But I'm in for a North Carolina reunion. Maybe Lake Gaston ?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 4:07pm
Sorry JMurphy Brown, but that site is only accessible to legitimately cool people who actually live "full-time" in NC and their close buds from SC, not infrequent parttimers from two states away. I can't believe you guys. You'll try anything to call yourself a TarHeel. Oh, and be sure to tell my beautiful cousin you somehow conned into impregnating, and her three lovely kids, that cousin ReidP said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The pic below is your '66 American Skier we talked about. Please try to act surprised when you see it. Just needs the windshield and the engine re-installed.   

I tried calling both White Lake Marina offices regarding the NCNOA website as they're the keepers, and they're already shut down for the holiday til the 3rd. But I'll follow up with Shannon and let us all know asap.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 4:42pm
Wow! That American Skier is not what I expected. It looks great. Consider it sold or under custody, whichever you prefer. What type of engine do you/we have for it?

P.S. I thought you forgot about our conversation. I was about to post that I am in the market for another boat and see if you would respond.

Merry Christmas. Oh yeah, I wouldn't necessary be bragging about being a TarHeel.

Waterdog.....Are you at Lake Gaston? I'll be there next week pretending to be a "TarHeel". If you're on Lake Gaston, we'll definitely need to hookup next spring. I'm on Pea Hill Creek.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 4:47pm
Also, thanks for following up on the NCNOA for me. I really am interested in joining and attending any reunion that might be planned. Any dates or locations in the works yet?
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 8:29pm
JMurph -
We have a place on Pea Hill Creek !
Met Atmspltr last summer. Maybe we could met at Washbern's, or Wobble Island. Did you see the couple get married @ the island on Labor Day. Way cool!!!

w/d
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 9:06pm
Didn't see the wedding. Sounds pretty cool. We have only had our place there for a year in January. We were renting it out last summer, so we missed some weekends. We are going to block off a bunch of weeks for ourselves this year. Our place is in Timberline Shores. I would love to look you guys up next spring. We actually live in Maryland about 15 minutes from Annapolis. Where do you call home?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 8:32am
I pee in Pea Hill Creek. How about a Lake Norman reunion? I've got dockage for about 20 boats and a ramp on site and lots of trailer parking AND a stripper pole. I swear to god I do. Well I don't actually have the stripper pole, but I've asked for one for Christmas.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 8:37am
Reidp,
I'm with you on a Lake Norman reunion. It would probably be the largest Correct Craft Reunion ever.   The good thing is that noone else would even have to show up. You could just sit around with all of you boats.

I am first in line to have a reunion at your place.

Send me some more pictures of that 66 American Skier.

-JMurph
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 1:28pm
hey reid, im sure we can substitute a pylon for the bra$$ pole,
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 9:36pm
JSmurph, I'm tired of sitting around and looking at boats, so I sought out and rec'd psych help, and that's why I'm selling one to you, but mostly because you have a kid named Reid.

.........a stripper pylon??   Holy mackeral Lavine, you're an absolute genius! I can't believe Hollywood, Nautique2001, quinner, 67Nautique312, MaddMarx,etc.etc., don't already have one. You think BKH can do the patent work?

ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 10:53pm
I am in for Lake Norman...if for no other reason than to see Reid's collection of poles.....er....boats.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

You think BKH can do the patent work?

LOL. If I could make a living patenting stripper poles, I might still be a lawyer.
The legal research might be worth the headaches. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2006 at 11:44pm
I wanna be the first to volunteer as an unpaid research a$$istant. I spend a tiny bit of time at those type of places in my younger days.......Before I met Mrs.jbear of course!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 4:59pm
Reid, you want Santa to bring you a stripper pole? Are you wanting to start that new exercise program?
Tim D
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 7:35am
Reidp,

1. Have you been able to contact Shannon about the website?

2. Do you know about any dates for a NC Reunion?

3. Email me about that American Skier.

-JMurph
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 9:13pm
JMurph, Sorry but I've yet to talk to Shannon. Thanks for the reminder and I'll put it on the to-dodo list for tomorrow. And if she's not planning a reunion for 07 then it'll be up to us. And if so, I say we drop the "NC" prefix and make it a Mid-Atlantic. We just need to hear from Shannon and go from there. My only problem with those in the past was that it was just a Saturday afternoon thing, with no dropping them in the water, and then we were done. Most all of us, as evidenced at Green Lake, want to ride if we're bringing our boats.

We're still willing to host if it goes in that direction. And as JMurph can attest and as noted before, we have lots of boat/trailer room, a ramp, and dockage for quite a few boats. We have two adjacent lots and one has been predominantly reserved for the boats, guests and partying, plus on-premises FREE lodging for 7 couples or about 50 single guys who don't care where they crash. Plus a couple of close-by bars if the party on the dock runs dry. Mooresville, NC, is also home to a handfull of Nascar's premier race teams such as DEI (Dale Jr), Penske, Roush, and many others close by. Plus, if by chance any guys were interested, we could do it the long Memorial weekend and all go to the race and get in with our 20-year-running infield gig which is the best way you'll ever see a race. Boat on Friday-Saturday, race on Sunday, and boat again on Monday before wrapping up. Just throwing it out there.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 9:41pm
Sounds great Reid. We should definitely make it a Mid-Atlantic event if it is not a specifically NCNOA event. Even if it is a Saturday afternoon, maybe we can work it into a "Mid-Atlantic" weekend event. I'm in.

I'm not sure if you heard but Grant had surgery last Monday, Jan. 8th. He is still in the hospital, but we're hoping to get him home this weekend. He is doing really well. You can let Laurie know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic