NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Puzzling question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puzzling question
    Posted: December-28-2006 at 7:40am
since everyone is bored I need an answer for my wife and figured who better to ask then the guys on this site, well most of them anyways. anyways she wants to know why men get married and I am stumped and need help on why... be nice
"the things you own will start to own you"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 8:14am
Several reasons.

1. Good looking woman to drive your boat
      while you ski.

2. Good looking woman to launch and
      retrieve you in your boat.

3. Good looking woman to ride with while
      your in your boat.

4. Good looking woman to provide you with
      your children to play with in your boat.

Just joking ladies!!!! I love my wife and enjoy the whole boating experience more having her with me. Nothing better than having your best friend with you all the time who loves boating, skiing, swimming, looks great in a bikini, and will drink an ice cold brew with you. It just don't get ANY better than that!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 9:30am
A man gets married when he realizes the woman he is dating is too good for him (and about 1000 less noble reasons). BKH
Livin' the Dream

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 10:07am
Haha I like that BKH, kinda like a "lock em up before they realize it" kinda thing, hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 10:17am
life long soulmate....oops, wrong thread
Shell88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shell88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 12:02pm
Eric, you're married, what's your reason?
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 2:13pm
2nd income helps put gas in the boat!

Besides, with someone else to do the dishes, it leaves more time for skiing.

On the serious side... I second "Morfoot" (especially #2 - it's always fun to watch the trailer zig zag down the ramp for 5 minutes as I finish the last beer!)
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 9:17pm
I'm with Morfoot too. Having your best friend enjoy the same things that you do is awesome.    Then there's the saying, " a man is not complete until he is married, then he's finished."
Heath
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 7:41am
Heath, I thought you were on shakey ground there for a while,
Shell88    that is your first post....why the interest in this topic?
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 8:28am
Eric, since the girlie photos have seemed to go by the wayside lately, I'm in better standing. She's not the jealous type, but like most women she doesn't see why men like to window shop so much. I redeemed myself at Christmas with buying her a nice watch. I should be good for a while.       
Heath
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 8:46am
That is just want of those things that women don't understand. Unless you have a VERY understanding wife then the standard rule applies.

WIFE..... If you married to me and I give you all that you need ( in any fashion) then why do you feel the need to look at another woman?

Sound familier to anyone? It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

HUSBAND...... I was just being thankful of how lucky I am to have you as my wife and that your so much prettier and sexier than she is!!!

Just don't get busted lookin and you won't have to be put in that position or you can tell her " It's a guy thing.......you wouldn't understand!!"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
83SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 4:59pm
Mine because she backs the boat trailer straighter than anybody on the planet.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 8:55pm
I agree with 83......Mrs jbear can drive and recover the boat better than many a guy. She looks lots better in a bathing suit than most of the guys I ski with as well. She never complains and never wants to go in early. She never drinks my last, coldest beer either.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:06pm
Moorfoot is right. Life wouldn't be as good without Mrs Dude. She rocks. can ski the course at 15 off, can back trailer and drive straight. Skiing and boathing wouldn't be nearly as good without her. She doesn't drink beer at all, only wine. She... well, you know we're all predjudiced...but I'm grateful to ahve a woman like her.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:41am
   Totally agree with BKH.

My wife does not ski(nor do I really),She occasionally wakeboards somewhat unsuccessfully,she can't much back up a car,never mind a trailer,and she doesn't particularly care to drive the boat.....but she does.Anytime I ask her to.She puts everyone else ahead of herself,always,and has a heart bigger than any boat I could buy.(I think she looks hot in a bikini,too.)
   I don't know why a man really gets married.I would have to guess that everyone on this site who's married just knew it was the right thing to do.Someday Hollywood will feel the same way .

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 7:47pm
Why have all the women when you can have just one, oh wait that's not right it's why have just one when you can have them all.

05 210 hit the nail on the head you just know you got the one for you when you find her. To keep someone else from finding her, there's only one way to claim her. That's why men get married.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 8:57am
I hav'nt forgot about this post
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:46am
There are some interesting theories in here... I will take notes.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 2:56pm
like bringin a sandwhich to a smorgasbord.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 3:35pm
Marriage
Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.
Henny Youngman

Marriage
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
Oscar Wilde

Marriage
Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries!
Mike Myers
Wayne's World

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 3:55pm
every man reaches a point in his life where he just dont want to think for himself anymore, so he gets married!

hollywood..dont do it, but if you do, put your boat in your moms name first!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Marriage
Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.
Henny Youngman

Marriage
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
Oscar Wilde

Marriage
Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries!
Mike Myers
Wayne's World

Ken, Apparently Patricia does not browse this forum.....??
Nonetheless,let's get together for a beer while I'm unemployed,have a bunch of free time,and my wife is supporting my lazy a$$.OOOHH,maybe that's why I married her

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:15pm
Mike: I have always wondered if Patricia is ever on here. She must be very understanding if she is.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Mike: I have always wondered if Patricia is ever on here. She must be very understanding if she is.

john

Maybe we should send her an e-mail with some of Ken's pics he's posted?Nah,that might ruin it for the rest of us!!

She's very nice,why she puts up with him we'll never know

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic