NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muscle Cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 9:22pm
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 10:20pm
Mark, Thats some real nice Muscle Cars. They did a great restoration job on them. Here's my 68 that I restored back in 87, took it for a cruise today. Also have a 68 conv. I stripped her down and currently redoing it.

Here's my conv.

This was my 67 first car I ever had in high school school
Then I was partying on my birthday and crashed it it
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 10:28pm
Here's another one I had in High school after crashing the first car Car
RootRacing
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:23am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Nice...what do you think it is worth in todays dollars...GTO conv..big $$$ I would guess...I had a few I wish I still had...What motor did it have?

My father in law currently has 2 GTO's,a 65 and a 66,both convertibles and AACA winners.He recently turned down $90,000(I guess he's just not ready to sell it!) for the 66.It's a Ram Air car,4 spd,they only made 100 of them.That's almost TWICE what he paid for it three years ago.

These cars have skyrocketed due to high demand,and the fact that people are tired of loosing their money in stocks,etc.They have the cash and are willing to pay for a premium piece.If you buy the right one at the right price,you can make a ton of money if you sell 'em at the right time....but you have to buy the right ones .If you've ever been to Barret Jackson,you know what I mean.

Great off topic post.That black Impala is S-W-E-E-T.Do they allow testdrives ?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 8:36am
05 210 hit the nail on the head. I can't go to Barret-Jackson Arizona this year, but hope to make it to south Florida for their 07' Sale. A good friend of mine just sold a 66' GTO Convertible, fully restored for $75K...unbelievable.

MM, I know you are in O-town, where are these cars you displayed at? Are they for sale or just someone's personal collection?       
Heath
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:12am
My buddy down the street from here bought a 69 gtx (i believe) convertible. the guy he got it from said his friends told him it was worth $4500.00 in the condition it was in(unrestored) he gave it to him for the $4500.00.
   2 weeks later he sold it to a bailsbondsmean out of Florida for $25000.00 plus a extra $1000.00 to deliver. my buddy could roll around in ---- and he always comes out smellin like a rose
"the things you own will start to own you"
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:28am
Root,

Nice Duster, I'll post some pics of mine when I get back in the office next week.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 10:46am
hspore...they are for sale, its on the corner of, orange ave and landstreet, just past, secc, almost to taft.

05 210..im going to ask about the testdrives..

eric..some guys have all the luck, that suxs for the rest of us..

hspore...i take it your out of the doghouse...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:34am
Its a sore subject but I'll post my car that i always wanted since i was 18 and finally got one 5 years ago and spent 3 years re-storing. Im tearing as we speak.
I had to let it go in May due to Ohio economy, thinking about now, i dont tell my wife this, but I really dont miss it. I guess it boils down too.....the thrill of the chase and I was sick of moving it around just like the outboards I gave to the scrap man
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:38am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Root,

Nice Duster, I'll post some pics of mine when I get back in the office next week.

Yea Alan, I wanna see it. Wish I woulda kept that one. It had a 340 that thing would plant you in the seat. My friend has it now and ufortunatly its been cut up and made into a drag car.
RootRacing
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:33pm

Lost in divorce, and yes, still, very, very, angry....
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 1:06pm
...yes, out of the dog house and back in the cathouse, so to speak.
Heath
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

what boat is that over on the side?

That's a 1974 Century Resorter 18' sitting on a CC trailer. Bought it in 1979, but unfortunately the boat pa$$ed away in 1998 during hurricane George down in the Fl Keys.
Southwind 20
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 3:34pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 3:35pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 3:36pm

1967 chevy 2   stroked 350, not considered a muscle car in 67, nowadays they are hard to come by, this went to a guy from long island. alot of sweat went with it
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 6:49pm
Very nice,Eric.Must be hard to watch someone else drive off in something you worked so hard on.I would be crying,too.Looks like a beauty-got to love those 383 strokers!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 9:07am
I think its in good hands, he drove from New York with his girlfriend (again I detected that east coast accent and i quivered) I basically gave the car away, If I put a dollar amount of the time and money I put into the car even at $20.00 per hour, I would have had to get 60k for it.....I didnt. I really thought i would never part with it but life changes, oh yeah strokin is the only way to go, I'll take one over a Big Block anyday
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 3:05pm
Its not a muscle car but it could make a nice hot rod, its for sale!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 1:35am
More hot cars!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 1:37am

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 3:10am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 3:12am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 3:13am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 3:16am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 3:17am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 7:59am
6 figure hemi cuda for sure
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 8:27am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

6 figure hemi cuda for sure

Probably 400k if it's a real one.Sweet Chevelle.Quite a collection for sure.I'm putting this place on the "must visit"list next time I'm in the area. Is there any models these guys don't have?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 9:11am
Well it was no show car but at 18 years old it was just about everything I lived for.
1972 340 Duster 8.5:1 comp. 4speed 3:23 posi rear.

Then Bought a friends wrecked( This should have been a warning of things to come) 69 Dart with a 10.5:1 comp 340 and swapped the engines.

Not fast enough so my buddies and I bought a Duster Drag car with 12.5:1, solid cam. Swapped motors again and we mounted a tunnel ram on it.   

Dad never could understand why we cut a hole in that hood.

That car got me in a lot of trouble in both the front and back seat. Got ot the point were I couldn't drive down the street without getting pulled over so I ended up selling it buying my first boat. I though, "There's no cops on the water right?" but that's another story.

PS. I have a 17 year old son who just bought his first car, I wake up from nightmares every morning at 3am.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

PS. I have a 17 year old son who just bought his first car, I wake up from nightmares every morning at 3am.

Alan, nice pics. Gotta have the slapper bars!

Don't worry about the kid, easy for me to say I'm not a father.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic