NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muscle Cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:35pm
Killer ride Alan.. My dad had a 340 Demon when I was younger..My first rod was a 71' Lemans "400" Sport.. Red mind you.. Damn if the cops didn't love that car too !!

My girls saw a Dart 340 this summer in FM3 Panther Pink and told me we had to have one...

Like to find an old Dart/Duster and suprise them one day.. The 340's were bullet proof back then..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

The 340's were bullet proof back then..

Moj'

Bullet proof and simple to work on. I had more trouble with clutches than my engines.   I had a clutch change by myself down to about an hour and a half.   Put in heavier clutches and started bending throw out bearing forks. Lots of fun and learned a lot in the process. Only problem I ever had with the motors was wanting them to go faster and faster.
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 1:00pm
Nice Alan,   bet you had fun with whipin some a$$ with that... I know I did with mine.   Looks like the same Rims thats on my Duster. Oh and you could have put that scoop on there to keep your Dad happy.
RootRacing
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Root Root wrote:

Nice Alan,   bet you had fun with whipin some a$$ with that... I know I did with mine.   Looks like the same Rims thats on my Duster. Oh and you could have put that scoop on there to keep your Dad happy.

root,

The coolest thing about that car was that I'd get in about 4am sunday from a wild night and while I was sleeping it off Dad would take the Duster to church and then for a cruise after. He did that for almost a month before I even realized it. Dad's still great, wish he lived closer so he could drive the boat around a bit.

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 5:36pm

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 10:18pm
This is what is going to be taking my time this spring/summer instead of a boat project........this pic was taken in the mid 80's

heres what its looked like for the last two years.....

mama says its time to get it done!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 11:28pm
Steve, I've looked very carefully at that picture and I still don't see a prop.

Very nice car, you gonna put a hitch on it?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 12:08am
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Steve, I've looked very carefully at that picture and I still don't see a prop.

Very nice car, you gonna put a hitch on it?

Chuck

Chuck, the Chevelle pretty much "flys" without a prop..

as for a hitch...this is my 72 Chevy 4x4 "tow vehicle"...I restored about ten years ago ..

its pretty much my everyday work truck til snow hits the ground!!....and the ol 64 'skier looks pretty good behind it...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 7:47am
Steve, I hope the pontoon's colors will match

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 7:47am
Steve, 454 375hp?
"the things you own will start to own you"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 8:11am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Steve, 454 375hp?

Eric,
Its an LS5 - 454....depending what you read , its rated at 360 or 390 horse...I put the 390 horse decal on the air breather....what cheaper way to get horse power?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 9:26am
those were the only cars to bust in the 12's from the factory, I think
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic