NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Top Five Posts of 2006

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top Five Posts of 2006
    Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:11pm
What are your favorite posts of 2006? Quote them below...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:14pm
Dude; Gotta be BKH's thread about "your first boat"

Next would be anything by MaddMarxx from the sandbar.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:17am
Don't know how this got in the maintenance section, but here are a few of my favorites in no particular order:

SSMini Update - dchris17
First time inboard owner with the enthusiasm of a kid for his "new" boat.

Almost Lost the 68 - Jim in Houston
Even in a difficult situation, Jim is still the best story teller on the site. Now, if he'll ever finish that Chocolate Bayou story . . .

Best of Cla$$ (90-96) - David F
In my opinion one of the most substantive contributors to this site. Normally a very understated man. Made me smile to see his pride in posting his best in cla$$ award following his rebuild of a totaled '93 Ski.

Green Lake Reuion (sic) Updates - Keith
For me, what this site is all about

Winter Project - 79skinautique
One of the most beautiful rebuilds/restores I've seen

BKH
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 1:47am
Ok...here we go, in no particular order, this is hard there was so many good ones.

your first boat...by..BKH.. it was great and still is.

Take your best shot...by..92'Nique...a turning point for this site, for getting more people to post pics,and some vary good ones.

Almost lost the 68...by..Jim in Houston...Great story, glad it had a happy ending.

Post your cool summer pics...by..81-nautique..lots of fun..and some great shots.

As the sandbar turns..by..Maddmarxx..Its hard work, drinking and taking pics of boats and chicks..cant wait to do it again in the spring.

and Honorable mention goes too
red necks have all the answers..by ..boat dr..funny stuff

whats your favorite beer..by..Todicus..b/c I love Beer...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 4:34pm
I'm still looking, but this is one of my favorites because it has a cla$$ic 79nautique blow up which include references to many things including a "cheap clean whore" and ends up with pictures from Ken from Happy Gilmore.

87 Nautique w/454
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:45pm
Definately enjoyed the "post your summer pics" and the "what was your first boat" topics. Have to agree that 79nautique's posts were pretty entertaining on the "87 Nautique w/454 string.

Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:14pm
maintenance section because I'm an idiot.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:19pm
It's OK Dude, I think my favorite topics were everytime I asked a question and someone knew the answer.
I agree with BKH about the reunion pictures, I still go through those from time to time. The first boat stories though are fantastic.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:24pm
Chuck: You still up? If so check out the first boat thread. I spent all evening it seemed trying to get some pics on. Wow was it hard!
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:42pm
Jbear, I'm still up, and I did comment on the first boats--you are now a monster unleashed. I'm loving the pics.
I just got back from a wedding.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 9:31am
I like reading the posts where its winter time and you just bought the boat and its in the garage and we all have the same personallities..... you sit in that boat for hours imagining what it will be like when the first hint of spring arrives, everyone else thinks your crazy...in some way you probably are. I thought I lost total interest at one point and the reason im on this site is because i owned a CC and it lead me to going into the business im in, and with starting over with a new family, they will come of age and I will get another CC and besides with out meeting any of you in person the guys on this site come from all walks of life, and have a strong interest for this sites reason
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 9:34am
Chuck, if you just came from a wedding, you must have a good buzz on.... I know when i drop a Ben I want to at least drink that much in booze   lol   eric
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 10:14am
From the top;
no real favorites ,just the wealth of knowledge that runs thru this site,has been a gotta see each day.
from the insane ranting of some that think they know , to the simple answers that we want to know ,but are scared to ask.
Thank you Keith,and i thank my fellow C/C Fans for that you have given to me,laughs and wisdom.............
boat dr
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 11:27am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Chuck, if you just came from a wedding, you must have a good buzz on... eric

I suppose it's possible he tied one on, but I believe Chuck is the minister BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 4:09pm
Oh fudge, I made the mistake once of talking really bad about this one girl and a guy I worked with was in the truck with me and after i was done yacking about the girl, he said, did you know that i was a minister? well needless to say that was one of the top ten most embarra$$ing times in life that i remember
   sorry if i offended you Chuck, hopefully you ate good
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 8:16pm
Eric,
It's all good, you'll have to work a lot harder than that to offend me; I appreciate all the great info you pa$$ along. Sorry for not getting back with you sooner, but Sunday is a work day for me!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic