NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My "New" Project Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My "New" Project Boat
    Posted: December-31-2006 at 9:29pm
I think I must be crazy. Like I already don't have enough to do. And, I have a perfectly good, 5 year old boat sitting on the boat lift. Nonetheless, I've joined the ranks of you hearty souls who believe it's no fun to buy a boat that already works. This is my 82 Ski Nautique Project. Needs floors and stringers. 600 hours on the motor. I'm told it runs, but who knows. I think I'll try to get it running before I pull up the floor. BKH

Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 12:11am
Brian, Let me be the first to congratulate you on your "new" purchase. Quite a contrast to the 2001 and quite a project. Hard not to get bit by the bug when you see other peoples projects, isn't it. Well good luck with it and Happy New Year to you and your family.

If I had known you were in the market for a new boat, I would have mentioned the very nice crackerbox I saw on ebay a week or so ago. Right in your area too.   
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 3:56am
BKH...congrats that one looks like a keeper, 1st year 2001 good find, you should put a seat in it and run the piss out of it before you rip it apart!...have fun..
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 6:52am
BKH... I LOVE IT!    As you already know it is cla$$ic CLa$$IC! Have fun with it
bj
hasbeenskier
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 8:48am
New Year, New Boat, New Baby,
That boat looks very good from 1500 miles. Congratulations, looks like fun, and once you hear that engine rummbling there will be no turning back.
The paddle, however, looks to be in only "fair" condition.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 9:00am
Brian,
Great looking ride! As for being crazy...sometimes a little insanity's required , that way we really dont have to make any sense in our decisions!

Congrats and Keep us posted on the progress!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 2:39pm
IT'S ALIVE! Pulled the battery out of my wife's car, hooked up the hose, and after a few cranks, it started right up. Didn't want to run it too long, as it appears the temp gauge is not working. All the other guages appear to work! The transmission rattles, but does operate. All things considered, I'm pretty happy. If I had been forced to do major motor work, that would have put me way over what I intended to spend on this project. BKH
Livin' the Dream

SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 3:49pm
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. It is a nice boat. I am doing an 87 SN so if you have any questions I might be able to help.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 6:53pm
Way to go Brian, Should be a fun project to dig into.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 7:05pm
Just what the dr ordered to keep you busy and outa trouble.

Need I remind ya to post pics of the boat and the baby?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 9:40pm
   A boat resto right after a newborn? Your wife must be a saint!

Looks like it will be a fun project,keep us posted.Hope your holidays went well.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Your wife must be a saint! Mike

If you only knew Mike. She is a saint. During the work week, I typically leave the house about 5:30 am and don't get home till 7-7:30 pm. That's if I'm not travelling. On the weekends, I must have 20 half finished projects around the house. Still, it was the wife who was encouraging me to take on a project. Said I needed to spend time doing something I enjoy. BKH
Livin' the Dream

dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 11:35pm
I have an 82 also.Great boat,no issues all summer.I have 700 hours on her.Any questions let my know,I have done lots to my 82.Congrats!Dan
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2007 at 11:37pm
Looks like you have done a lot to your boat Dan. Did you paint the solid blue stripe? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 12:58am
Congrats Brian!

Sounds like you found yourself a good one (Wife)hard to come by these days. Nice looking boat. looks like a good project. Where are the seats?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:50am
That's a great looking boat already. Have fun with it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 10:35am
Randy, I've got all seats, combing pads, etc. The driver and observer's seat have fresh upholstery. Guy was going to recarpet/reupholster when he figure out the floors and stringers were rotten. Decided to throw in the towel. BKH
Livin' the Dream

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 10:58am
Looks like it came with a nice trailer.
Life is Good.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 11:20am
Brian,

Very nice, have fun with it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 11:28am
Originally posted by 82tique 82tique wrote:

Looks like it came with a nice trailer.

It's not bad. A little rust; the chrome wheels are flaking off pretty bad; one bearing buddy missing; carpet and wood needs replacing; has wrong kind of tires; no trailer brakes; and, I hate the roller on the bow - really gouges the boat.   Still, I would think the trailer is probably worth half of what I had to pay. BKH
Livin' the Dream

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 12:06pm
Congrats Brian...let the work begin! Before long, I'm sure it will look like new.

Rob
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 3:54pm
Mmmm... nice pickup BKH!! I'm Jealous, but I think I may have a "New" boat coming sometime fairly soon also...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 4:34pm
BKH,

Wow, didn't know you were so inclined. Happens that your boat is just like my old one, same year and color. I owned it from new and sold my half to my brother when I bought the 04. Has close to 2000 hrs and still pulling strong. Way to go!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 5:00pm
Redelf,

I'm not much of a motorhead, but I like carpentry, etc. I've rebuilt a couple of boats. The key for me is that it's a project. I'm in no hurry to use the boat. Kind of the same principal - I never work on the car I have to drive everday. When it has to be done, it stops being fun. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 7:46pm
Brian,
Ive done LOTS of projects thru the years..boats, cars, trucks, etc. I love to work on them, but I found out a longtime ago not to put them on a schedule..I could keep it as a hobby that way.

In fact Ive awlays had a little bit of a let-down when one was completed...I love looking for parts and talking with people during that process.

Keep us posted and ENJOY!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:13pm
BK I think this is great. You're inspiring me and perhaps in the next year I can join the ranks of you guys.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:23pm
   I wish I had the time and room for a project like that.Maybe a few years down the road.I've done a lot of custom bikes and stuff,and 62 is right...When done you almost feel a little emptiness,but that soon gives way to a new project(hopefully).It's like a sickness.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

,but that soon gives way to a new project(hopefully).It's like a sickness.

Mike

Mike,
I agree with the sickness..or should I say addiction? I was a "gear-head" long before I started wrenching on boats...I always said...They have places for alcoholics and druggies...but they just turn us loose on the streets!   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:09am
Brian,

SWEET RIDE

Keep us up to date on the project with pics please!!!

How's your back doin? hope all is good!!!

Now get busy

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
slalomguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2007 at 11:22am
two pages of a$$ kissing just for buying an old boat?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic