NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How did he do that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 10:34am
Hey Quinner, I hope that your daughter does turn out to get the skiing/boating bug. I've had some wonderful times with her that I'll cherish until the day they put me down for a dirt nap. My older daughter we taught to ski when she was 8 I think. We couldn't keep her off the water. The next year she went out for one run around the lake and hasn't put on a ski since. She's going on 26. She said that she was afraid of falling and completely lost all interest. She still enjoys boating but nothing like our younger one. You certainly can't force them or push them to do it. They have to want to do it and I hope that you get to experience that joy. It's an incredible bond that you get to share when that happens. It was a bond that definitely brought us much closer and we have had way too many laughs and memories for anything to tear that apart. I just think about the family time that we've been able to share and the memories that have been created just because we have that boat!!! How cool is that????
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by todicus todicus wrote:

twitterpated

After having to look that up,

Backfoot, carry away!

What's with the knee brace on the right in the surfing pic, but on the left in the rest? Trickery photography?
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:39pm
Great pic's !! you all look in great shape....... I commend your family gene pool !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 1:50pm
OOOOHHHHH, Hollywood, good catch of the knee brace. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. She tweaked an MCL a little bit last summer on her left knee wakeboarding. When she wakesurfs, she has to lay on the board on her belly and get to her hands and knees and then she has a weird twisting motion of her right leg to get to her feet. So she put the brace on her right knee just for that. She's so small and the board is big enough that she can't lay in the water with her heels on the board and flip it up as you start moving with the boat and come right up to a standing position. So this is her alternative.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

...I just think about the family time that we've been able to share and the memories that have been created just because we have that boat!!! How cool is that????

Backfoots thoughts got me to thinking about the times I have had with my family on the water. Led me to put this montage together, which I thought I would share with you. Be for-warned...its almost six minutes long...but it does have ten years crammed into it.

75 Tique's Kids

Edit: YouTube deleted the sound track from the video, you can see it with music, plus other videos on the Kayuta link below.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 9:30pm
Larry: Had just gotten off the phone from my usual Sunday chat with my son. Lives in Morristown, Tennessee and is now 36. Then I got on the site and found your post so I went to the link. Thanks for sharing. Only cried thru about 4.5 minutes of it. Made me remember why we do what we do. Thanks again for sharing and waking up some memories.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2007 at 10:23pm
Very nice Larry. Makes me kind of sad that I can't find the movies documenting my families history on the water. Should be fun for your kids to show their kids. BKH
Livin' the Dream

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 12:19am
backfoot, thats really cool that your daughter is so involved in the sport.

Hollywood and nate- Backfoot seems like a nice guy, but if I went to a girls house to meet her family for the first time and backfoot was standing there. I would politely shake his hand and proceed to crap my pants in fear.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 1:24am
haha, yeah thats pretty much my thoughts on it too wakeboardin2k4 haha. We were joking before that hollywood & i would keep all these old guys in line, but after seeing those pics... im pretty sure there won't be any problems, haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 11:58am
Larry, that video was awesome. We have hours and hours of video and pictures that document our family's skiing/boating history. They really do bring back a lot of memories. It really is fun to watch when everybody is home to enjoy it. It will be even more fun to show when our girls have their own families.

Wakeboardin2k4 and Nate, I just had to LOL at your comments. I used to really give the boys a hard time the first time I would meet them when my girls were in high school. I would sit on the front porch sharpening my hunting knife when they came to pick one up for a date. Then when I shook their hand, I would give 'em the death grip until they almost had tears in their eyes. It was big fun. Never had a problem with any of 'em either, and when I said they had to be home by midnight, they were ALWAYS early. Go figure. I've mellowed quite a bit since then. Mrs. Backfoot threatened to leave if kept doing that. Now, I just threaten to take 'em out and teach them to barefoot.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 12:55pm

Now, I just threaten to take 'em out and teach them to barefoot.

haha that'd probably be even worse then the death grip & sharpening the knife for someone who's not used to being on the water... i can see it now "you're gonna go how fast? and i dont get any skis? and you want me to do whattt???" hahahahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2007 at 1:05pm
That is a real cool video 75,   liked the way it shows their learning progress and them growing up and everyone with a having a good time
RootRacing
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 1:46pm
Larry- cool video! I am going to show it to my kids who will be learning come summer.

Backfoot- great pics! good to have you aboard.

I would still like to know how the guy in the original post ended up with his truck in the water like that!?

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I would still like to know how the guy in the original post ended up with his truck in the water like that!?

Wow, that thread really digressed didn't it. However, Backfoot and his daughter were well worth it distractions. Any way, as Paul Harvey would say, here is the rest of the story. Although the article still doesn't clear things up too much. Not sure how a bed full of water would spin the truck around. But if anyone is going to be declared a winner, I guess it would be Skibum who simply responded "GRAVITY". And since that explanation appears in the article, Skibum wins.

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 2:21pm
Anybody else think this does not make sense? Bed fills with water and spins truck (AND trailer) around. Viveiros must be a rocket scientist on weekends.

Bogus
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 7:11pm
It could have floated for a bit and possibly spun some with currents or what not, gettin it from behind may have been the best option as well as the end result!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 10:54pm
Yeah after reading it a few times & thinking about it a bit i think it's definitely possible, the bed will fill up with water, & start to go down, but im sure it would be a little buoyant for a minute before it sank. but who knows i could be crazy(probably am).

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2007 at 11:39pm
Dont ya think that when the truck started sliding and the driver was making the tires spin that his first reaction would be to step on the brakes and lock up the front end ? I dont think the ramp would be that slippery that high up out of the water. DUH!!!!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:06am
The position of the trailer is what makes me question the validity of the explanation.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:23am

Wakeboardin2k4 and Nate, I just had to LOL at your comments. I used to really give the boys a hard time the first time I would meet them when my girls were in high school. I would sit on the front porch sharpening my hunting knife when they came to pick one up for a date. Then when I shook their hand, I would give 'em the death grip until they almost had tears in their eyes. It was big fun. Never had a problem with any of 'em either, and when I said they had to be home by midnight, they were ALWAYS early. Go figure. I've mellowed quite a bit since then. Mrs. Backfoot threatened to leave if kept doing that. Now, I just threaten to take 'em out and teach them to barefoot.

I can't even imagin being one of those guys. I don't think you would even need to show them knives. Just mention how much you bench press and that would be enough to get any guy to shut up and behave like a gentleman.

On another note...how hard is it to learn to barefoot? I have been skiing for over 10 years and I ski the course at 22 off, what should be my next step to learning to barefoot?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 10:59am
Wakeboardin,
Someone else asked that question back in Sept. 05 and I posted these simple instructions. These are back in the days when men were men, before booms and kneeboards and other such wussy training aids. Good luck. And if these don't help, I'll have Backfoot go out with you. I will just have him say..."do it and get it right...or else!!!"

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Oh, come on dchris, it's easy, just follow these simple to follow photo instructions.

step 1: put your foot out

Step 2: Simply step out of the ski

(PS...Before I hear any cute remarks about pink Speedos...
(1) it was the 70s and
(2) I was a competitive swimmer (high school)
and these were all any of us ever wore)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 11:28am
Larry,

Those are Perfect instructions!!

Pretty much the way I learned except with cut-off shorts and a ski belt. At about 12-13yrs old (also in the 70's) we just dropped the hammer on the Tri-Hull and stepped off the ski, we all got it eventually!
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 11:46am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

gettin it from behind may have been the best option as well as the end result!

quinner, gettin it from behind is never the best option, but, in this case, was the end result

Something is still a little fishy with this story ... I suspect alcohol was involved
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 12:15pm
Randy, how did I miss that. New sig!
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 12:17pm
It looks like the fist picture is taken when the tow truck is pulling the trailer and truck out of the water. The ramp looks wide enough that when he backed in and slipped into the water, that the truck and trailer could have rotated enough to warrant pulling it out a$$ first.

But do trucks "float" when backed into the water ?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

gettin it from behind may have been the best option as well as the end result!

I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that one, man you guy's are a bunch of slackers, McFly!!

Hollywood, BTW, I did crank it back and forth several times again last week!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 4:24pm
Wakeboardin2K4, I posted on another post someplace about this. If you're in FL. I would be happy to work with you on that.
Seriously, I wouldn't mind that at all. If not, get a hold of another footer and go with him. Buy a barefoot video from Lane Bowers or Ron Scarpa and the basics is pretty straight forward. Just follow the video and have a handle available to do some dryland while you watch it. I taught a 8 year girl to foot on the boom in about 1/2 and hour who had never skiied before. You would have no problems getting that far.

Hey 75Tique; Where do you live? You're in Sandwich, at the Sandwich Marina and the guy who put his truck into the drink lives on Popplebottom Road? Oh yeah, and the diver for the Sandwich FD says, "I believe the road conditions may have been slippery that morning". Doesn't he remember what the conditions were all of probably the hour or two it took to get to the scene? And if the road conditions may have been slippery, the ramp had to be downright unpa$$able I would a$$ume. Just rationalizing the article should completely explain the picture.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2007 at 4:49pm
Does it matter how slippery it was, or that the truck was pulled out backwards? What really matters is while he was waiting for the police, and tow truck and what not to get there, did he do some skiing or wakeboarding? I cant imagine he is going to sit there, waiting on state employees, and not take advantage of a couple runs.
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 10:30am
This one doesn't look good either:

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 10:34am
Or this one :

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic